1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bp Oil Spill

Discussion in 'South East' started by toyo freak, May 2, 2010.

1. May 27, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Bold for truth!!

2. May 27, 2010 at 7:36 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Actually, if you want to get technical, the whole situation blows. For about 5 weeks now.

Also:

[​IMG]

3. May 27, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    The news is not good, between 18 and 39 million gallons of oil have been released. If the worst case is true(39 milloin gallons) then that's 4x bigger than Exon Valdez. Or if you take the conservitive measure, (18 million gallons) then it's Exon Valdez plus 7 million gallons. Hurricane season starts on June 01, one scientist I saw on the news likes this, because it would thin out the oil and spread it over a greater area and have less of a local impact, otherwise it all stays together causing more of the Prince Willial Sound Effect as we saw in Alaska. I hope and prey whatever they do they do it fast and it works.

4. May 27, 2010 at 7:58 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Damn, you know a lot about sucking.

lol j/k I think you know what I meant when I said "sucks".

5. Jun 1, 2010 at 5:37 PM
    Waking the Dead

Waking the Dead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC LB Gray

Sorry to have to question you Brunes but everyone seems to be agreeing with you and I have questions.

1. Why is there "privileged information" involved in capping a pipe?
    It just promotes more suspicion that BP is trying to down play the situation and make it sound less severe than it really is. Am I missing something? Why are they being so secretive?

2. "Everything that can be done is being done." As far as we know. And a lot of us have doubts.
    BP is in a tough position right now. Their engineers have to come up with a way to cap this thing without any outside help. There have been some good ideas put forth that BP will not use because they didn’t come from BP. This spill has been a severe blow to their reputation, but it would be an even bigger blow if they had to use someone else’s idea to cap the pipe. They have to cap it themselves to save face and be less hated when they can say they took responsibility and corrected the situation themselves. Meanwhile the pipe continues to flow as they scratch their heads and destroy the Gulf. There are some brilliant minds in this country and I think if all ideas had been considered in the beginning the leak might have been stopped before now.

3. “The rest of the world doesn't stop because of a disaster.”
    Maybe not, but life in the Gulf will be crippled for decades because of this disaster.

4. “It's a shame that something like this had to happen.”
    This disaster didn’t have to happen. We’ve all been told that there were warning signs that something was wrong and those warnings were ignored.

5. “And now-It's being dealt with.”
    Instead of planning for the worst they would rather react to a tragedy when it’s too late. They took the arrogant attitude that everything would be ok and now we will all be paying for it. Especially those who live in the Gulf.

I’m not attacking you personally and I’m sure you know a whole hell of a lot more about this situation than I do. These are only my opinions and I may be way off in my thinking. I'm just frustrated with the whole thing and I've never even been to the Gulf. They are destroying part of the country that I love.

The whole thing just stinks. :crapstorm:

Products Discussed in

To Top