1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Braces off

Discussion in 'Health' started by tarheelfan_08, Jun 2, 2009.

?

Have you ever had braces??

1. Yes

61.7%
  2. No

28.7%
  3. Yes, Smoked with them and they left spots

1.1%
  4. Yes, Smoked with them and they did not leave spots

3.2%
  5. Yes, dipped with them and they left spots

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes, dipped with them and they did not leave spots

5.3%
  1. Jun 7, 2009 at 6:59 PM
    tarheelfan_08

tarheelfan_08 [OP] Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 White 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar

If that ever happens I will rip my orthodontist head off and shit down his neck;)...lol j/k but I will yell a lot!

2. Jun 7, 2009 at 7:53 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    I had mine for 1.5 years. After getting them off for a month, I went and got them whitened by a dentist.

3. Jun 9, 2009 at 7:11 AM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Chrome Grill, Chrome accessories(door handles and mirror covers), LEER Super White Cover, Mirrors with Turn Signals, Window Vent Visors, Step Rails, WeatherTech Digital Floor Mats, Mini Maglight Holder, Chrome Bull Bar
    They are coming off in just a few hours!!!

4. Jun 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM
    tarheelfan_08

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    They are off, pics soon! Once the GF loads them! They will be of me and her...so yall will get to see how amazingly beautiful she is!

5. Jun 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    sounds good.

6. Mar 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM
    ILove2Drive

ILove2Drive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    WV
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4X4 5 Speed Manual
    Halo headlights, Black tail light covers, dual exhaust, 5100s front and rear, eibach coils, wheelers 1.5 AAL, window tint, bow arrow antenna, bull bar, painted grille emblem, debadged, raceline rims, a few decals, CB radio, alpine HU, husky floor liners, tool box, mesh grill...and more to come eventually
    I had them for like 2 to 2 and a half years somethin like that, i dont dip or smoke or anything but i drink a lot of sweet tea, but they came out fine. They are well worth havin you'll be really happy with how your mouth turns out im sure :)

7. Mar 12, 2010 at 2:58 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    I had my braces for 4 years. My teeth aren't white but their not yellow. I didn't take care of them for the first 2 years but after that I brush at least once a day. Just be sure to wear your retainer. I have the permanent retainer on the bottom and a plastic clear one on top. Ask if you can get the permanent on upper and lower teeth it's much easier.

8. Apr 4, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    My buddy, had it set up he got free whitnings like 2x a month for like 3 months or somethign

9. Apr 15, 2010 at 5:09 AM
    nomad_archer

nomad_archer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Tacoma V6 SR5
    I am currently doing braces but mine I did the invisalign braces (the plastic trays) so I could eat and drink what I wanted all I had to do is take the braces out.

10. Apr 15, 2010 at 5:11 AM
    tacomakid89

tacomakid89 Awesome Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black, 4x4, TRD Sport Tacoma
    Hard Wired GPS, Scan Guage II, URD Short Throw Shifter, AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter, LED Mag Lite on seat side,Tailgate Theft Prevention Mod, Removed Front License Plate, Tint Cover Over Rear License Plate, Removed Secondary Air Filter, 13" Shorty Antenna, 5% Tint Rear, 20% Tint Front, Bed Extender, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Fog Light On Anytime Mod, Dual Halo Projection Headlights, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, King coilovers with remote resi in front, Kings with remote resi in rear, Deaver J66 leaf packs, TC UCAs up front.
    man you've gotta be one dedicated dipper to do it with braces on. lol

11. Apr 15, 2010 at 5:52 AM
    whitebread

whitebread Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 OR 4x4 6MT
    I had braces on for 4 years like you. No tobacco smoking but I did smoke a lot of other things and drink tons of coffee. It should be noted I do take very good care of my teeth...like brushing after I eat anything, flossing daily, etc.

I did have some areas where you could see a change in color...not noticeable unless you used bright light and really got in there and examined them. After a few months or so it all blended in.

Good luck!

12. Jul 20, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    Astar312

Astar312 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amanda
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    9" 5% front window strip, tailgate light bar, pulled off TRD stickers, removed mud flaps, blacked out tail lights very soon. There's a lot more coming, this is just the beginning.
    I had braces for 2 1/2 years which wasn't so bad..but I was the lucky one to need 9 rubber bands at once for the last few months before they came off.

Products Discussed in

To Top