1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

brake controller

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by trucknrv, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Mar 22, 2010 at 6:05 AM
    trucknrv

trucknrv [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD sport
    Snowsport plow with front receiver hitch, Access lorado tonneau cover, AVC ventshades, Covercraft seat covers, Husky floor mats, K-N filter, Hydraulic lift arms for hood, Factory black running boards, Direct cable from battery for jumper cables, Oil plug valve, Front anytime camera, Baja design fog lights, Bed mat, Borla exhaust with black tip, TRD skid plate along with stainless cat plate, 6 new speakers, Puddle lights, Floorwell lighting, Aftermarket heated seats, Interior LED lights, Swing tool box for the bed, Redarc brake controller, Blackout kit, Ceramic coated, Timbren load boosters, LED bed lights, Zprecision bigger cup holder, Drivers grab handle, License plates negated when in reverse, Sequential smoke mirror lights, Bumper step, 3rd brake light smoked out, Factory painted door edge guards, Door sill protectors, Mesa stick shift with additional buttons for the ECT, Extra 110V plug for the back seat and anytime 400 W plug for the bed, OTT tune, Protech for radio and dash film, Bigger radio knobs, LED hood light, Added LED strip backup light under the tailgate, AlphaRex tail lights. I am sure there is more but wife is starting to give me the side eye to add more! Like I heard they are not mods but it's a BUILD!
    I have a 2008 TRD DC sport SB and have to install a brake control soon. I am looking for ideas on the best place to install it? I have already purchased the prodigy with the plug & play connector to the stock plug. I am told that is located somewhere in the drivers kick panel. Any ideas on location and installation help would be great. Thx in advance.:bowdown:

2. Mar 22, 2010 at 6:26 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Did you try using the search function?

This information is already out there. Look at the upper blue bar towards the right side.

3. Mar 22, 2010 at 6:31 AM
    PPD934

PPD934 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    06 silver double TRD
    Running bars, tinted window (, TSB mod ,885 coils, OME shocks up front, AAl and procomp 9000 out back, partially debadged/black out the others, weathertech floor mats, grillcraft grill, TRD skid plate
    Mine is mounted just in front of my right knee, next to the lilttle open storage been. If its like mine you want to be able to easily reach it to adjust the firmness of the brakes and or like mine, throw the emgergency brake lever. Im 6'0'' and sit farily close to the wheel, i have never hit mu knee on it. Its mounted and sits pretty level to the floor.

4. Mar 22, 2010 at 6:55 AM
    trucknrv

trucknrv [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    22 TRD sport
    Snowsport plow with front receiver hitch, Access lorado tonneau cover, AVC ventshades, Covercraft seat covers, Husky floor mats, K-N filter, Hydraulic lift arms for hood, Factory black running boards, Direct cable from battery for jumper cables, Oil plug valve, Front anytime camera, Baja design fog lights, Bed mat, Borla exhaust with black tip, TRD skid plate along with stainless cat plate, 6 new speakers, Puddle lights, Floorwell lighting, Aftermarket heated seats, Interior LED lights, Swing tool box for the bed, Redarc brake controller, Blackout kit, Ceramic coated, Timbren load boosters, LED bed lights, Zprecision bigger cup holder, Drivers grab handle, License plates negated when in reverse, Sequential smoke mirror lights, Bumper step, 3rd brake light smoked out, Factory painted door edge guards, Door sill protectors, Mesa stick shift with additional buttons for the ECT, Extra 110V plug for the back seat and anytime 400 W plug for the bed, OTT tune, Protech for radio and dash film, Bigger radio knobs, LED hood light, Added LED strip backup light under the tailgate, AlphaRex tail lights. I am sure there is more but wife is starting to give me the side eye to add more! Like I heard they are not mods but it's a BUILD!
    Anybody that has pics of their location would be greatly appreciated! You know what they say about a picture? (I wonder what kind of response I am going to get from that last line??):eek:

5. Mar 22, 2010 at 6:58 AM
    physedfailure

physedfailure Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jersey Shore
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD V6 BLACK
    Trimmed flaps air compressor w/ air horn yellow fogs lund grille rear leaf TSB Billy's 5100 all around set at 2.5" in front BHLM fogs on anytime aux reverse lights TRD seat covers westin side steps (for wife) oil drain valve/ K+N oil filter
    a lot of info on this in the towing forum also.

Products Discussed in

To Top