1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brake help??? to much pressure? Drag?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bfoster133, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Nov 24, 2011 at 11:51 PM
    Bfoster133

Bfoster133 [OP] If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Thousand oaks, California
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD offroad
    15% Tint, 5100's at 1.75, Rear Diff Breather, CB radio, Black rattle canned rims, 265/75/16 Goodyear MTR, Magnaflow Offroad pro cat back, hi-lift bed mounted, shovel bed mounted
    so tonight when i was dropping my girlfriend off at her house i began to pull away and i heard a extended "eeerrrrrrggg" from my brakes... the kind of sound when a yolk is too tight, it lasted three or 4 seconds and went away... it seems to only happen when i am sitting on them for a period of time and let off to go forward...

i recently had my extended brake lines installed at a shop and when they were bleeding them i noticed no on was checking my brake fluid levels, so i mentioned it and the kinda got that "oh yeah" look, and they checked and started to panic and start a whole bunch of tools under the hood, im guessing they ran the fluid all the way out :mad: now even i know thats bad.. very bad... so they hooked up this pump that force pumped (im guessing) fluid into the system and re did the bleed...

now looking at this article... http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/ileaf/06toyrm/06toypdf/06rmsrc/rm2006ta/04200210.pdf

i noticed that it reqires more than just that if air gets in the master cylinder... they also did not follow the procedures to do the bleed.. my brakes dont feel soft or squishey as if there way air in the system but would air in the master cylinder cause the brakes to drag? im thinking about taking it to the stealership and have them re do the bleed as if there was air in the MC

thoughts sugestions?

2. Nov 25, 2011 at 12:17 AM
    Bfoster133

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Vehicle:
    15% Tint, 5100's at 1.75, Rear Diff Breather, CB radio, Black rattle canned rims, 265/75/16 Goodyear MTR, Magnaflow Offroad pro cat back, hi-lift bed mounted, shovel bed mounted
    bump for lak of sleep

3. Nov 25, 2011 at 8:09 AM
    Bfoster133

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Vehicle:
  4. Nov 25, 2011 at 1:17 PM
    Tacologist

Tacologist Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Tenessee
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab Shortbed
    Rear leaf suspension. Home done tailgate re-inforcement.
    If you do have air in your system and if a truck is anything like a motorcycle, you can try wedging a piece of wood between your brake peddle and the seat so the peddle is fully depressed and keep it that way over night.

This may force the air to the surface and clear out your system. It can't hurt and it is worth a try.

To Top