1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brake Light Mod?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by PhenixFord, Mar 20, 2021.

1. May 6, 2021 at 3:34 PM
    PhenixFord

PhenixFord [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM SR5 4WD DCSB
  2. May 6, 2021 at 3:53 PM
    roundrocktom

roundrocktom Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Silver DCLB Off Road
    Did you buy your vehicle new? I wonder if the dealer added it when new? I like it! I'll probably add to my cap tail light function.

I just had my wife play brake pedal person. My center light does not strobe. I suspect someone added that item.

Amazon item $15. https://www.amazon.com/blinker-flashes-solid-Safety-Universal/dp/B00SQEI4GO

When you are digging around there see if you have any good idea for Extra USB & 12V plugs in the back seat. Need to plug in my cooler. A caveat is when seats are flipped over no access to the back of the console. Just brainstorming a clean installation as I need a pass-through into the passenger compartment (the floor has some plugs)

500183 Universal Grommet from Classindustries (1" grommet with room for two wires) $4

Wiring Harness Firewall Boot with Sealing Sleeve 4 cable entry. eBay rays*auto (screen captured on my phone). $15

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. May 6, 2021 at 4:24 PM
    PhenixFord

PhenixFord [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM SR5 4WD DCSB

Yes I did purchase NEW. Maybe Port Installed? Although, my wifes 2019 Rav4 does this. And I've noticed other Toyo vehicles doing the same. I actually thought it was Standard?

I've researched the Audi Upgrade forums (I like music). Seems like there is plenty of room behind the rear trim panels to install something like that? The audio upgrade post have information on how to remove those panels. Audio+ i think?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Sep 25, 2021 at 10:35 AM
    Puppypunter

Puppypunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Vehicle:
    2019 Black SR
    Subbing so I can refer back to. That little module that flashes the brake light was not a Toyota factory option, so it had to have been port installed I would think. The reason I can say for certain that Toyota didn’t offer these is the are not NHTSA approved. So they are not legal for on-road use. I don’t think anyone cares (the little strobing brake lights seem to be all the rage with Subaru’s currently), but still not approved. I am interested in disabling the 3rd brake light though.
    As to adding to the cargo light, that one is really simple. I’ll dig up the directions from Toyota, but it comes down to tapping a wire in the kick panel

Products Discussed in

To Top