1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brake Problem - Master Cylinder ?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Afraz, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Mar 5, 2012 at 7:24 AM
    Afraz

Afraz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Toronto
    Vehicle:
    03 Double Cab TRD
    Projector H.I.D
    Hey Guys,

So this is what happened:

Brakes worked fine, i drove the truck, and parked it outside. It was cold i'd say about - 15 outside.

Started the truck in the morning, and brake's would apply but only being pushed in all the way.

Weird thing, if i put truck in park, and pump the pedal, things firm up. But as soon as i start driving again, it becomes all loose and saggy.

No leaks in brake fluid anywhere to be found after 50 km of double pumping lol.

It was a Sunday no one was opened, convinced a neighborhood mechanic to just have a look, he asked what was wrong. Told him my story, he said the master cylinder is probably gone, since there are no leaks in the fluid, no lines have burst etc.

He said if i really wanted to stay on the road, i should double pump. And keep my distance. But things can go South real fast if i don't replace the master cylinder.

I have an 2003 Tacoma Double Cab 3.4 Auto Trans.

I am thinking of getting the brakes bled before i opt for an expensive cylinder swap.

Any insight on my problem guys ?

2. Mar 5, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Pull of the vac line from the brake booster. If there is ANY fluid in there, your master is leaking into the booster.

Products Discussed in

To Top