1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bridgcat's TRD Build...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by bridgcat, Oct 29, 2011.

1. May 31, 2012 at 4:25 AM
    bridgcat

bridgcat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    Thanks man! I'm looking forward to it!

U bolt flip kit, brake lines and shims have shipped!

2. Jun 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    U Bolt Flip Kit, brake lines and axle shims have arrived. I'm hoping that I hear from Wheelers Offroad about my Icon's today.

3. Jun 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Just got word last night that my Icons have FINALLY shipped! Should be here Tuesday but I leave that day to go out of town for two weeks so it will have to wait till I get home for the install!

4. Jun 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Got my rear shocks today. Should get the coilovers tomorrow (UPS needed a signature for the coilovers). Just ordered the carrier bearing drop from beefedtaco!

5. Jun 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM
    Jerez

Jerez SoCal LED Dash Swap

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Diamond Bar/Ontario, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 2wd converted to 4wd
    Estock
    Sweet!!!! :woot:

6. Jun 21, 2012 at 3:37 AM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]
    Coilovers came in yesterday!!! Can't wait to get home in two weeks and get this stuff installed! :yay:

7. Jun 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    TacomaGuy22

TacomaGuy22 That deserves to be put in the cool story jar..

Member:
    Why did you switch from the Aries bull bar to the Avid? I was wanting to just go with a black bull bar but the Avid Bar looks nice too

8. Jun 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Everywhere I looked I started seeing bull bars on tacomas. I got to the point of thinking they were ugly...plus I dinged up that bull bars skid plate pretty good. Avid just looks better IMO and it's much more sturdy.

9. Jun 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Just bought some Timbren rear bump stops. They ship out Monday!

10. Jul 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    Skadumz

Skadumz Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Vehicle:
    2008 tacoma dual cab, long bed, 4x4, TRD Spor
    3" lift 265/70/17 nitto, Grille Craft Grille, Tinted windows, 17x9 Moto Metals Matte Black, Carrier barring drop
    Truck looks great. I just went to Icon lift (not resivoirs) and Icon UCAs. I like it alot. Can you take a pic of your exhaust from under the truck to see the Y pipe. I have been holding off doing an exhaust because I really want dual rear like yours.

11. Jul 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM
    flatfeet

flatfeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Hilo
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4 DBL CAB
    RCD 4.5 lift, 18x9 BFD, 305/60-18 Mickey Thompson ATZ's, projector HIDs, TRD exhaust, AFE intake, onboard air, led dash mod, train horns.
    Nice! Gonna be a killer build when all is said and done. I noticed you changed your mind over which lift to go with, what made you decide against the RCD 4.5" kit? Just curious because I'm torn between the DB vs. coil overs too!

12. Jul 6, 2012 at 5:17 AM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man! I just didn't wanna do something that would be harder to come back from. If I ever decide to sell my toyota I can just put the stock suspension back on without much of an issue. I love the look of the RCD but the cutting aspect of it kinda scared me away. I hear it is an amazing lift for a DB though!

13. Jul 6, 2012 at 5:24 AM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
  14. Jul 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM
    flatfeet

flatfeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Hilo
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport 4x4 DBL CAB
    RCD 4.5 lift, 18x9 BFD, 305/60-18 Mickey Thompson ATZ's, projector HIDs, TRD exhaust, AFE intake, onboard air, led dash mod, train horns.
    I'm thinking the same.
    Rear shocks lookin good, subd!

15. Jul 6, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    Swampmonkey

Swampmonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Fairhope, AL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner TRD DC
    UWS black low profile toolbox, TRD intake, TRD exhaust, TC uca's, Rear 2" toytec aal, OME Front and Rear shocks, OME 885s, NFABs
    Awesome!

16. Jul 6, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

Got the lift installed. I am extremely happy with the ride quality. The coilovers are currently set at whatever they came from the factory as (no spanner wrench) but I will be getting on and adjusting them to level out with the rear. The rear end with the dakars ride a little stiff but I like it, and it should soften up and settle a bit over time. I cant get over how beefy this kit is. The damn thing rides really smooth at high speeds and even at low speeds. Cant wait to get my timberens in so I can take on something without worrying to much. Before anyone asks, yes I have a carrier bearing drop and I have 0....I mean 0 vibes. I ordered a beefed taco carrier drop and I will install it when I get it just to make sure I stay vibration-less. Hopefully I can get some 33's soon!

17. Jul 7, 2012 at 7:04 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Updated with new pictures/

18. Jul 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Bump stops should be in today. Stay tuned.

19. Aug 11, 2012 at 8:01 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Talked to my wife today and my Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop showed up and so did my CMC plates from B.A.M.F!

20. Aug 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    Jrthompson80

Jrthompson80 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremiah
    Raceland ky
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I like the build. I was thinking about getting the N-Fab step bars and was wondering if you would recommend them? Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top