1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bridgestone vs. dunlop

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by jmarquez808, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Jul 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    jmarquez808

jmarquez808 [OP] Large Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    07 4x2 reg cab / 12 4x4 double cab
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    I have a 07 base tacoma 4x2. gpt x.runner rims.and will drop.it in the future.so i bought a set of dunlop direzzas for the x runner rims theyre the stock size 255/45/18 for $700. but the guy i bought the rims from has a new set of bridgestones 245/45/18 for $400. should i return the dunlops and go with the bridgestones. will they be too small or make it ride shitty. i dont want to save 300 and sacrifice somthing elae. lemme know what you t guys think.

2. Jul 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM
    blackpearl11

blackpearl11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma
    The size is just a preference. They should definitely fit, just depends on what kind of look you want. As far as ride quality, I think a smaller tire would ride a little worse on the x runner rims but I'm not sure. I have to believe there is a reason that the guy that sold you the dunlops is selling the bridgestones for $300 less. If it was me I would probably stick with what I got.

3. Jul 14, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    I have the Direzzas on my X-Runner now, so far so good.. if the Bridgestones are the Potenza's on the X-Runner rims ditch them.. i thought they were POS tires didnt even last 25k..

4. Jul 14, 2012 at 9:30 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    **Afe cold air intake w/pro dry filter, Yellow tint fogs, Daytime running lights, led dome light, led license plate lights, Led tail lights, 3 inch carbon antenna, spec d projector headlights, carbon fiber look interior trim pieces, Djm control arms, Djm notch, 4x4 leaf springs, beefed taco 2 inch blocks with offset pin, Rear Qa1 Shocks, Sittin sic stock height coils, x runner bilstein front shocks, weathertech digital fit floor mats, debadged.
    ahhh i think they are potenzas! if i remember right. yah i was trying to save some cash but i donno they sound like they are gonna be kinda small. the direzzas looked small already and.ots not like.my truck is slammed. im going for a 3/4 drop but aint got the parts yet. hmm maybe ill just stick with the direzzas then. hows the ride? decent enough?

5. Jul 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM
    jmarquez808

Member:
    First Name:
    Jess
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    yah they might look dumb probably since my truck isnt dropped yet lol. plus id like to have the better ride anyway. but the guy selling the tires.is private seller i bought the direzzas from the store. they arnt nounted yet as the rims are being powder coated at the moment. the thing that tempted me was the fact that id save 300 with these that i could apply.to the 380 its costing to powder coat lol. but shit we'll see!

6. Jul 14, 2012 at 10:39 PM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    They seem to ride pretty decent, haven't really hit any twistys with them yet.. thought i would try something different this time, had been running BFG KDW's and they stuck to the road pretty damn good. Im not slammed either 1 3/4 front 2.0 rear

Products Discussed in

To Top