1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bring back the GB Blacklist (yes or no)

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by XXXX, Mar 27, 2012.

?

Bring back the blacklist

Poll closed Apr 26, 2012.
  1. Bring it back

88.4%
  2. Let the blacklist get deleted and the flakes remain nameless

11.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 27, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    Honestly, I also think that's a part of running a business and selling to a community. Being a business owner you accept a certain risk and responsibility. I understand a lot of our vendors are small, however, I also understand a lot of them wouldn't be in business if it wasn't for the TW, and other forums based communities.

If I was selling something in a group buy I would probably inflate the number required to hit the discount just to account for people who flake. Seems like smart business to me. I run meetings constantly and I know with contractors I'll get a 60-70% show rate even if they commit personally. If I do a bunch of work with calls etc. the week leading up to the event I can push that number to 80%. I don't see any value in bashing them for others to see, shit happens and something more important came up.

2. Mar 27, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    XXXX

XXXX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    If someone died, lost their job, or their house burnt down I'm sure some discretion would be made. Saying this openly like I am counteracts the effectiveness of the GB blacklist thread and then puts "trust" back into the equation - Trust of the OP of the GB Blacklist as well as trust of the member claiming they had a life changing event. Exceptions were not made in the past thread because no one asked for there to be any.

I see no difference besides a couple people voicing their opinions and me over reacting this time around compared to the last GB Blacklist thread. That thread was accepted as a sticky and was around for almost a year.

If it was explained to me why this thread is not allowed and the past one that was pretty much identical was allowed maybe I would stop my efforts.

Either way I figured all the mods know where I stand and with this thread now you can all see what the community wants or doesn't want.

Concerning the old GB blacklist thread:
    Did any mod's receive any PM's concerning it or from members who thought they were unfairly put on it?
    Was it flagged?
    Were there any reasons it caused TW members or mods issues?

3. Mar 27, 2012 at 7:33 PM
    06TACOFIREMAN

06TACOFIREMAN BaNgArAnG

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma TRD offroad
    toytec 2in lift, 2nd gen trd offroad wheels, yakima roof rack, tool box, magnaflow muffler in the mail
    very good point.

4. Mar 27, 2012 at 7:45 PM
    8BoltRacing

8BoltRacing Custom Fabrication and Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Greensburg PA
    Vehicle:
    The Angry Warthog
    DO 3 hoop, Wheelers HD Leaf Set w/ES poly bushings, OME 884X Coils, 5100's, Selfmade Satoshi, Single beam headlights, Fogs anytime, high beams with low beams mod, ABS kill switch, AMSOIL fluids in everything, K&N Intake, TB Spacer, FAL Electric Fan and TRD Rad Cap, DT Long Tubes, URD Y-pipe w/xtra O2 bungs and 3" v-band , Custom 3-inch Exhaust w/v-band and 3030XL Aero turbine muffler and Aero 3040 tip, URD Fuel Pump Upgrade, B&M Short Shifter, EBC Dimpled and Slotted Rotors with EBC Yellowstuff pads, Pulseplugs, HIDs: Fogs 3000k, Highs 4300k, Lows 8000k, URD Throwout Bearing Repair kit, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel+Competition Clutch Stage 4
    I'm held accountable for the things I do in one way or another. Why not make it that way for everything..

5. Mar 27, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    Lol, some good Ideas so far. I backed out of a group buy at the last minute but the GB exceeded there requirements. I pm'd the person doing the group buy and informed him of my situation and I didn't get any flack for him whatsoever ever, he understood and I left it at that, that being said if the person in charge of any group chooses to add any names to this "list" it's up the one running the group buy. I pm'd him and got a response and left on good terms. 3 months later i was just on another group buy and made good on that but every group is different and I will continue to join other GB's in the future regardless if my name makes a list or not. Now if I didn't pm and backed out with no explanation at all then I understand the "list".

6. Mar 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    This idea while it has it's merits appears to be difficult to manage. Who is going to manage the list? What will be said in a persons defense? What will be said against them? You did say not to trust people on the internet so how will TW know what is said by either party is true?

I voted no and am against a "black list" being on TW and available to every member.

Transactions that happen negatively between GB coordinators and members can be handled by the Moderators and Admin of TW without dragging anybody through the mud.

7. Mar 27, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    My problem in life is it takes me 3 or 4 paragraphs to say what could be said in a handful of sentences. I'm working on it .. but I talk/teach for a living lol.

oh and X2

8. Mar 27, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    Why should a consumer not be able to change their mind?

9. Mar 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
  10. Mar 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    X2

11. Mar 28, 2012 at 4:47 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    I guess you forgot the PM conversation we had a week ago?

12. Mar 28, 2012 at 5:33 AM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    I say leave well enough alone. I don't think it will have any positive effect on the GB issues we have. Just create more drama on this forum. Drama which has consumed damned near all of this forum as it is.

13. Mar 28, 2012 at 5:38 AM
    2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox. Pioneer DVD/CD head unit - 4 channel amp - front mids & highs - 8" sub box.
    I voted yes...If you commit to a GB then you should be ready to buy when it is time to pony up the $$.

I also feel that it is the vendors responsibility to lay down the rules ahead of time such as:
    Minimum amount of people required to get the GB pricing.
    Time allowed for sign up on group buy deal.
    Timeframe on shipping once the GB conditions are met.

IMHO...If things start to go south on the deal then the members should be able to back out without being blacklisted.
    On the other hand if the vendor has enough people commited to the GB and can ship the items on time, then the members should be expected to follow through with their commitment.

14. Mar 28, 2012 at 5:40 AM
    XXXX

XXXX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    I meant nothing was done before the second GB blacklist thread was made. I know you all have been discussing it the past week.

I'm just gonna stay out of here and let members voice their opinions. Pretty sure everything has been covered at this point.

15. Mar 28, 2012 at 5:50 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    I think he was saying, "as someone who has backed out of a groupbuy, I like the idea of a list."

I don't think he voted no.

16. Mar 28, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I say thumbsup to the blacklist thread. It's not like there's any real recourse from having your name on a list, it's just to call attention to someone who backed out on a group buy for whatever reason.

I don't think it should matter if the reason was legit or not because, being that this is the interwebz, someone can simply lie and make up a sob story as to why they couldn't follow through on their commitment and, it's not really TW's business why they dropped out of a group buy. Who knows, maybe they found better pricing elsewhere, they bought a house, their hampster died, it's irrelevant in my opinion. Life happens, plans change.

I don't think being on the black list should prevent someone from being in on a future group buy. If a pattern starts to emerge like memer "x" has committed to 3 group buys and backed out of every one. Now you know to be weary when he signs up for the next one.

Just my $0.02

17. Mar 28, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Says it all right there. Makes me wonder why you would give this the thumbs up then...

18. Mar 28, 2012 at 6:49 AM
    zacksblacktaco

zacksblacktaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    west virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sport access
    AEM CAI Throttle body spacer Borla cat back exhaust Doug Thorley long tubes RCD 4.5 anzo halo projectors with 4300k hids 12000k hid fogs T-rex stainless mesh mesh grille kit in pro car wear LED taillights & 3rd brake LED reverse lights LED license plate lights LED dome & map lights all Kicker speakers with 15 inch L7 subwoofer Jensen 7inch flipout headunit Trd sport seatcovers Re-badged red Tacoma
    people who back out should be listed on profile so those who set up groupbuys will know not to rely on that paticular person and it would be even both ways if they back out no harm, if they buy good for them and that no ones rep is hurt.. if you back out on a group buy you do not honor your word and in my opinion thats important for vendors to know... Thats my 2 cents

19. Mar 28, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    Enigmaaron

Enigmaaron All your soul are belong to us

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    1st gen superiority
    Because a group buy is a different animal. You aren't just walking into a store and buying something, then deciding you want to go a different way and returning it. Group buys are typically based on needing so many consumers to justify a low price from the merchant. If a consumer changes their mind after committing they are potentially altering the price of the product for everyone involved or costing the merchant money because they now have to absorb the cost of not buying in the necessary bulk for the price promised.

20. Mar 28, 2012 at 7:48 AM
    bulhas

bulhas the habs fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1997 Rexus
    LS Swap 500 hp......

Yes and i think most understand that!!! but if its not closed and people have not paid you as a person have full rights to change your mind

want people not to change their mind, payment up front or a non refundable deposit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top