1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bring it back!

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by commtrd, Jan 24, 2010.

?

Would you buy a new hi-lux type toyota truck?

1. yes

42.8%
  2. no

29.7%
  3. only with independent front suspension

9.2%
  4. only with a solid front axle

27.5%
  1. Aug 9, 2010 at 1:41 AM
    Regretless Rob

Regretless Rob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Chino CA USA
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    Painted my stock rims black and polished my lugs, New jvc head unit with 2 12" subs with shut of switch, Side mirrors tinted, FULLBLOWN FM-74267 muffler, In dash wiring for my Garmin 750 GPS & 3Gs Iphone dock with aux plug and charger in dash, Three more cigarette lighter plus under my head unit also in dash, strobe head lights for the hell of ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qumylyXOig,
    you should send this idea to toyota!! i would buy that truck on the spot hah well if anyone will finance me for 15 million years cuz im broke as a joke. and iv tund up my truck for getting alot better mpg then it use to have but i see what your saying about that.. not everyone is going to want to put work in a truck they just payed a shit load for to get it to ride and run the way they want..

2. Aug 9, 2010 at 4:15 AM
    commtrd

commtrd [OP] commtrd

Member:
    Corpus Christi TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4wd V6
    My Ford F250 is currently getting a hair over 20 mpg and not even close to being broke in yet. 3200 miles on it so far. I kept the taco for now but may end up selling it prolly when I get tired of making two truck payments. Shame the taco only gets around 16 mpg on the highway...for a small truck, that is really pitiful considering a much larger truck weighing almost 8000 lbs can get 24 mpg with power to easily tow over 16000 lbs. Toyota badly needs to step up to the plate and make another small truck like they used to.

3. Aug 9, 2010 at 3:05 PM
    Regretless Rob

Regretless Rob Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Chino CA USA
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    Painted my stock rims black and polished my lugs, New jvc head unit with 2 12" subs with shut of switch, Side mirrors tinted, FULLBLOWN FM-74267 muffler, In dash wiring for my Garmin 750 GPS & 3Gs Iphone dock with aux plug and charger in dash, Three more cigarette lighter plus under my head unit also in dash, strobe head lights for the hell of ithttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qumylyXOig,
    ya thats sick yhou grate on gas for a big ass truck. i guess im just a die hart tacoma lover but it is the first good looking vehicle that iv had in my name so im a bit narrow mined about it cuz i would think if i was given any truck that is in good shape i would be as in to it.. its time for change with tacoma...

4. Aug 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that

Really you only get 16 on the highway? I get that around town.

5. Aug 9, 2010 at 3:23 PM
    commtrd

commtrd [OP] commtrd

Member:
    Corpus Christi TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4wd V6
    I have the 6 spd manual transmission. It gets considerably worse mileage than my 2007 taco with the V6 and automatic transmission got. I occasionally got 20 mpg on that truck but the 2009 access cab / V6 / 6 spd manual turns over 2500 rpm at 70 and it just sucks the gas. That truck sure does run good though. It will barely pull my 1800 lb. flats boat against a head wind but it goes unreal on deep sand at the beach. It will make me sick to sell it. The truck just does not do what I need it to do and if it got great gas mileage I would still keep it. The truck runs awesome though. I spent over 3000 fixing the stuff that should have been right from the factory and that makes it even worse. Hell I may just keep the damn thing just because of that...and I really love the truck too.

Why is it that many call their trucks "she"? I have never had a feminine truck...well except for that total POS chevy that was a true bitch! I hated that poor excuse for a truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top