1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Broke my brothers socket wrench box

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by 07TacoRidah, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    don’t think OP wants new set. just something up put the tools in. the box is broke and wont hold them, so he needs something new to put them in.

2. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    Because he broke the set his brother owns while it was in his possession. Even if he only broke the box... If he can't find a replacement box, The courteous thing to do would be to replace what you break with something new. Not to mention...If you are the constant "borrower" of the socket set, then you need to buy a set of your own.

Personally I hate having to borrow things from people. If I need to borrow something from someone more than once, I'll go out and buy my own.

I had a roomate in the past who would borrow my tools to work on his car and he would never clean them before he put them back, or he wouldn't put them back in the places he found them (I keep my tool chest organized so I know where everything is) and it drove me nuts. After repeatedly asking him to clean them and put them back where he found them and him still not doing so, I locked up my tool chest when I wasn't home and he got the hint to go buy his own tools.

3. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts
    you can buy just the injection molded cases at sears

FYI

Justin

4. Aug 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah [OP] SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    lol nah, he really likes that set (one of the first sets he bought a VERY long time ago when he started working on his first ride himself. Dont' want to ruin that).

I wish but I can't find the set anymore, I know it's Stanley (imprinted on there lol), but not sure if they will do any of that either since it's more than ... 12 yrs. old I think.

5. Aug 26, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    went to Sears and didn't really find anything compact like the original. he's not extremely working on his ride BUT knows how to and all. He's more of a tech geek (also it's his main job - secondary is EMT). So he mainly does small things here and there to his vehicles when he can/needs to. Anything requiring a shop he goes to one.

6. Aug 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    with a soldering iron and some extra pastic, you can melt the hinge back together. did it to my torque wrench container that was made the same way.

7. Aug 26, 2012 at 4:15 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    .... he's not dumb ... :mad:

I like this idea A LOT, small compact and ready for on the go if need be. I was thinking of getting some of those track things. now the hard part is thinking of how to label the sockets so that he doesn't have to keep them a certain way or what have you just to know what socket he is getting. :( I'm going to see about hitting up an army surplus spot or something to see if they might have anything like that, hoping it'll be large enough to fit all the pieces.

8. Aug 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    we are neither. :D

9. Aug 26, 2012 at 4:26 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    so I Googled this ... looks VERY expensive. like one of them cases that's in the action movies all the time. :eek: Still it looks SICK!!

10. Aug 27, 2012 at 3:42 AM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts

i bought black plastic one, just like they come it with the sets. I think is was 14 bucks. I got it at sears.

Just stop by and check them out. They are pretty cheap.

Justin

11. Aug 27, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    going to do that tomorrow when I do some recon for a client. :D:cool: hopefully he likes it and is able to carry it around like he used to when he needs to.

12. Aug 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Check a pawn shop to see if they have the same set. Buy it, put his in it and keep the set from the pawn shop. Problem solved.

Products Discussed in

To Top