1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Broken / destroyed a composite bed? Anyone truly ruined theirs? Pics?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Crom, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Jun 16, 2011 at 10:57 AM
    Crom

Crom [OP] Outside...

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Overland Build
    Millions
    There are 17 or so threads on composite beds. I have reviewed most of them. So far I can't find anyone who has truly ruined or destroyed their composite bed. It's tough as a mofo. Has anyone abused / destroyed their composite bed? If so anyone got pics or stories to share? :)

2. Jun 16, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    rackatak

rackatak Well-Known Member

Member:
    I haven't really destroyed mine or anything like that, but that was one of the big selling points. The dealership I bought mine from had a bed separated from a truck and were letting people beat on it with sledge hammers and try to find ways to break it. It is some seriously strong stuff. I have had concrete blocks/chunks dropped and thrown in mine, alot of random lumber and junk, and had one jackass with an axe try to chop a hole in it because I said it was pretty tough. I will try to get pics when I get home from work.

3. Jun 16, 2011 at 11:27 AM
    burtonboards32

burtonboards32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    i actually cracked the headboard of my bed. i loaded my dirt bike into it, ratchet strapped it in and by the time i got to my destination the headoard had a crack from the top all the way down to the bed floor. sorry, no pics.

4. Jun 16, 2011 at 12:26 PM
    silver taco

silver taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 4X access cab
    Icon 2.5 ext travel, Camburg 1.25" uca's, All-pro leafs, Icon 2.5" rear shocks, LR jounce front and back, breather mod, KR Fab rear bumper, Kenwood 2m radio, All-Pro sliders, Front bumper by Surfinferno (Dylan), Glassworks fenders, 4:56 gears, gusseted spindles and coil buckets
    My bed is all scratched and gouged. A couple of times I loaded it up with 3/4 gravel. I used a square shovel to push the gravel out and that's what did the damage. If I remember, I'll post pics tonight when I get home.

To Top