1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Broken foot rest, long rant...

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MikeS., Jun 19, 2008.

1. Jul 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM
    LaTechLogan

LaTechLogan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    '08 PreRunner Sport
    - K&N intake - Pioneer headunit - 2 Kicker 10" subwoofers & amp - Nokya Hyper Yellow foglights - 18" Magnaflow muffler - Bilstein 5100 shocks set to 0" - Eibach coil springs - 1.5" blocks in back
    Mine broke off as well, less than a year after I got it. I never worried with it bc I figured the replacement piece would be unreasonably expensive. Glad to hear it's not. I'll probably replace mine soon.

2. Nov 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    pmtelt

pmtelt New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So. Cal.
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma SR5 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    S T O C K ! Yep, S T O C K.
    Well, I just bought a 2010 Tacoma double cab. My foot rest broke off and it looks, scratch that, LOOKED like it. I can't find it now. I think it fell out of the truck. I will be talking to Toyota tomorrow. just to let you know, I found them on line for $4.37 . Just check around if the dealer and the folks that you dealt with flake out on you!:eek:

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

3. Aug 11, 2018 at 7:18 AM
    2006TacomaDoubleCabDad

2006TacomaDoubleCabDad New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Double Cab / Short Bed
    I had to replace my footrest ... purchase online from a certified toyota dealer ($14 all in). Come with two white posts. Now the challenge to install. I'm thinking about just leaving the original white posts in place and snapping on the new footrest. I do like the idea of shoring up w/ hose clamps. There are three 'legs'. One leg has no support and I'm sure will break again if not supported properly.. I believe my footrest was broken by Toyota when they replace my frame (rust recall). They didn't bother to re-intall correctly. If anyone has replaced recently... would like to know how it went / what to avoid. Seems simple enough. Thanks.

4. Aug 13, 2018 at 1:26 AM
    Muddinfun

Muddinfun Well-Known Member

Member:
    To remove it from the truck, you just grab it and pull. The white plastic things stay on the metal threaded posts. Unscrew the white things and insert them into the rectangle holes. Yes, they're rectangle. Make sure you line them up right. Then just push the whole thing onto the threaded metal posts. I know your new one is all together, but someday you will need to remove it.

5. Aug 13, 2018 at 1:39 AM
    2006TacomaDoubleCabDad

2006TacomaDoubleCabDad New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Double Cab / Short Bed
    Done. pretty easy. thx.

Muddinfun likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top