1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Broken Garage Spring. How to replace?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by TacoTaro, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Apr 27, 2012 at 7:02 PM
    TacoTaro

TacoTaro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    04 DC 4x4
    King Coilovers, Light Racing UCA, OME Dakar leafs w/ extra leaf and SB10" Bilstein 7100's and a U-bolt flip. 4.56's, eLocker rear, ARB front, Marlin rear bumper, ARB Bull Bar w/ Warn M8000. BAMF Sliders. Manual hub conversion with functioning ABS. Tundra front brakes. Manual hub conversion with functioning ABS. SCS F-5's w/ 255/85 Toyo MT's
    UPDATE: Had a local garage guy fix it for me. $235 for both new springs installed. I'm happy. It turns out the springs I had on their were too stiff. He put on the same size spring and it didn't work right, not neutrally balanced. So he swapped them to a lighter spring and he showed me how the door should be balanced out when disconnected from the opener. He couldn't get it balanced on the heavier spring.

So if I tried to do it myself I would have screwed it up anyway since I would have bought the wrong springs.

Now it works better than ever.

Thanks for all the replies.

2. Apr 27, 2012 at 7:08 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    ^^ this

To Top