1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Broken Icons

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by dwaggs_, May 22, 2019.

1. May 22, 2019 at 9:56 PM
    dwaggs_

dwaggs_ [OP] @dwaggs_

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Roseville, CA
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma SR5
    285/75/16 Falken Wildpeak AT3 SCS Stealth 6 Icon Ext. Travel Coilovers Camburg racing UCA’s OME Dakar leaf springs Honda Prelude seats
    hey everyone, my buddy just recently had his Icons rebuilt and they made it 20 miles on a dirt road and they failed. Has anyone had or seen something similar happen?

01952EDE-784F-4689-B97C-7D97D3B4E267.jpg
    03615A9A-EB3B-4958-A3F6-8737D8F2DBA7.jpg

Icon_Adrian likes this.
  2. May 23, 2019 at 7:26 AM
    TMFF

TMFF Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Thornton, CO
    Vehicle:
    01/02 DCLB
    Stuff and junk and things...
    The shop over oiled it. You need a new body to fix correctly since the snap ring groove is compromised from the body flaring out. Take them both back to the shop that rebuilt them.

3. May 23, 2019 at 9:17 AM
    Icon_Adrian

Icon_Adrian Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Adrian
    Riverside CA
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma Pre-Runner
    Icon Bypasses & Coilovers Long Travel Front & Rear Supercharged 3.4L
    @dwaggs_
    303 is correct, however the good news is that you can have your service shop give me a call directly. I will work with them to get the parts needed as well as the oiling procedure to get you taken care of and back on the trails. :thumbsup:

Adrian
    951-689-4266 ext. 224

iK0NiK, Brewno_, PoweredBySoy and 2 others like this.
  4. May 23, 2019 at 9:21 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Or the retainer wasn't seated correctly. Non reservoir shocks are slightly more difficult to press the seal cap down.

Products Discussed in

To Top