1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Broken Power Window @ 6000 miles!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Eltacos, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Nov 11, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    Eltacos

Eltacos [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    BFE CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    LED conversion on every accessible bulb, TRD exhaust (dealership threw in for free along with the Blu-Logic).
    I only have 6000 miles on "Taco" and other than I-10 Toyota driving over pylons and scratching the front bumper, skid plate and undercarriage. The very common AC blower motor squeak / clicking now the passenger side window has all the mechanical parts broken off inside the mechanism or motor. The window does not stay straight while rolling up / down and the "BANG" while I try to roll it up and down almost sounds like someone hitting the window with a ball peen hammer. I am surprised that it has not broken as the motion is so violent. I am scared to take it back to I-10 Toyota as their service workers obviously have no concern about taking care of your vehicle as if it is your own. I guess I need to find another dealership service department.

I love "Taco" but she might be showing signs of issues to come later on. I wish I could "Lemon Law" her right away and get a new one, hopefully with no issues. I still love her more than "Doh", my 2002 Dodge Ram 5.9 gasser I traded for "Taco". I will never go back to a Chevy, Dodge, Ford as all 3 have let me down. My Wife's 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT is the biggest POS I have ever own. It recently deployed the side air bags and not the steering wheel bag. Since my Wife cannot recall if they deployed because of her crash or if they deployed before causing the crash because my Wife suffered a concussion from hitting her head against the steering wheel. She only remembers waking up in the ER.

I am about ready to find a '60's era Volkswagen like I had before, 1964 Notchback that I regret selling. Every time it had an issue I was able to repair it myself with little or no cost to me.

Sorry about venting so much, but I truly enjoy this forum. I have done my best to be helpful to other members on here with repair and customization help. I guess just searching for some positive support and to talk me out of getting rid of "Taco".

2. Nov 11, 2011 at 11:08 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    Hmm. I've had very few problems with my truck. Had the blower motor replaced and the spring TSB done but that's it. I'm sure they will fix the window under warranty. Good luck.

3. Nov 12, 2011 at 1:22 AM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    That's why they have warranties .. because there's always a given percentage of failure in everything. Get it fixed and you should be good to go. But yeah no question any new vehicle is going to cost more to maintain and fix than that old V-dub. Personally I miss my old 4Runner for the same reasons. My Taco is more comfortable, capable, dependable and certainly safer. But it has more things to break. Like an air conditioner! Never had one of those before. :)

4. Nov 12, 2011 at 1:59 AM
    Bsfilter

Bsfilter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Pedro, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 4.0 AC 2WD SR5 TRD OR/RT
    Fan squeak and a jacked up window motor is nowhere near grounds for a Lemon Law case. Have your dealer replace it and keep moving......

Products Discussed in

To Top