1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Broken rear shock?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by kagmyster00, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Jan 19, 2010 at 2:39 PM
    kagmyster00

kagmyster00 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Vehicle:
    05AccessOffroad
    Ok i went to wash my truck yesterday and noticed that my left rear shock was broken the piston rod snapped off somewhere. Also the guy i bought the truck from put a 3'' toytec spacer lift with a AAL and it was still on stock suspension is that bad to be on the stock shocks with that lift I was wondering the cheapest thing i could do to fix it or would it be ok to still drive because im trying to save up for the pro comp 6'' lift stage II

2. Jan 19, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
  3. Jan 19, 2010 at 2:46 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Trailmaster-259406.htm

This would be the cheapest shock to fix your problem. Also, try to find someone local that has a spare TRD bilstein shock lying around that they'll sell you or give you.

Don't drive the truck. You could make it a lot worse.

4. Jan 19, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    borderbrat

borderbrat Watching Chris4x4 o.O

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Victoria BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB, STOCK..But not for long
    (old truck 2008 AC ....PIAA fogs, led "puddle" lights, bed lights, in cab 115V, Toyota Devil emblem, Randy Ellis light bar with LED light bar, OME 885 and Dakar leaf springs OME shock all round, 2.5 Gal OBA system with air horns, iPod adapter, scangauge on blend mount, magnaflow catback, bike fork mounts, tinted 2009 tails.)
    definitely not good to be riding on stock shocks with an add a leaf for very long. for short term you can get another stock shock for now and order some longer shocks for the rear. you need the extra length on the shock otherwise the shock has a tendency to top out and fail.

Products Discussed in

To Top