1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brown spots in new black bed mat

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by VandalTacoma, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Dec 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    VandalTacoma

VandalTacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Snugtop Super Sport w/ Yakima Rack, and Yakima Rocket Box. Black Aries bull bar.
    I just bought a new bed mat from the dealer for my '11 double cab. When I took it out of the plastic it looked dirty, it had random brown spots that made me think the mat had been used and returned by someone else. I brought it back to the dealer and they said it was part of the rubber treatment toyota uses (or something like that). The spots don't rub off (like I would expect dirt or something else would) and aren't that noticeable, it just seems weird that a black mat would have brownish spots in it. Has anyone else seen this?

2. Dec 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    Ummmm. Really? Do what I did and put it in the bed and load $hit on it (like cinder blocks, bricks etc.). After a while you won't notice said brown spots.

3. Dec 14, 2011 at 3:53 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I can't see mine under the 1/4" of bark and sawdust on it from moving firewood , I'll have to take your word for it OP

4. Dec 14, 2011 at 4:02 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    I thought the same thing when I got mine. If you want to make it less noticable run a black permanent marker over them.

5. Dec 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I remember a thread where someone's BFG A/T tires turned brown quickly. I can't remember what the cause was but it sounds similar to your bed mat. If it's really a problem for you, make a stink at the place you bought it, otherwise, load it down, scuff it up and you'll never notice.

6. Dec 14, 2011 at 4:29 PM
    VandalTacoma

VandalTacoma [OP] New Member

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Snugtop Super Sport w/ Yakima Rack, and Yakima Rocket Box. Black Aries bull bar.
    It doesn't bother me, just seemed weird that a new black mat would have spots in it; didn't see a thread on it, so I thought I'd see if this was common like the dealer said. Thanks for the posts.

Products Discussed in

To Top