1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brunes is angry!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Brunes, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Dec 19, 2009 at 10:58 AM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Last night I was out flying to log some extra hours and get a little night training in. As soon as I got on deck and fired my phone up- I had about 7 txts and a voicemail.

My wife was in the center lane of a three lane offramp. The left lane goes left only, the center left and straight, and the right lane goes straight only. Sadly- The lady in the right lane didn't understand that it was straight only and turned in front of my wife.

FIRST GRIPE: She then proceeded to try and drive off....My wife followed her and managed to get her attention at a stop light. They exchanged info and the woman left again because she was late meeting some friends (without asking my wife once if she was okay).
    SECOND GRIPE: The New Orleans PD would NOT file a report. They said that because my wife and the lady had exchanged info already that is was a civil matter and there was nothing that they could/would do. The hit-and-run attempt did not change their tune at all. They also took about an hour and a half to tell my wife this (all the while she was sitting on the side of the road waiting for a traffic unit). HAS ANYONE FROM NOLA/LOUISIANA AREA EVER HEARD OF THIS?? (It makes no sense to me- but I want to get as much info as I can.)

The Taco faired so-so. I think it's going to be a new bumper and a new front fender flare and some paint. On the bumper note: Does anyone have a weight for the AllPro plate bumper??

2. Dec 19, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    Gsquare

Gsquare The G stands for smooth

Member:
    First Name:
    GG
    Lone Star State
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 TRD Sport SR5 DC LB
    ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, Light Racing UCA's, BFG LT285/70R17 TA KO's, SpiderTrax 1.25 F/R Wheel Spacers, Ionic Running Boards, Seatbelt Chime Disabled, Tailgate Anti-theft Clamp, Blacked Out Front Logo, Sockmonkey U.S. Airforce Decal
    Sry to hear Mark but glad the wife is okay. That could have been =really= ugly.

A hit and run and the police do nothing? That ain't right. Guess they figure they got enough going on with all the holiday traffic accidents. Sounds like a few phone calls are in order.

GL!

3. Dec 19, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    Sorry to hear that. I can't speak for New Orleans but in CA (where I'm from), the only way the police will write a report is if there was an injury. They claim they don't have the manpower to babysit every fender bender. Here in NM, you're required to call the police for every accident. IDK.

4. Dec 19, 2009 at 11:40 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud There's a mod for that!

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Bilsteins 5100's (Front & Rear), GrillCraft, Line-X'ed Skid Plate & Bumper Valence, Blacked out hood scoop, Avid Light Bar and much more.
    Im glad your wife is fine, but in retrospect I bet you wish your wife had done some more damage her that other lady's car like hit the back rear quarter panel (PIT maneuver) and spin her out because of her stupidity.
    Well, I hope everything works out in the end in regards to the Taco. Don't neglect your 2nd wife. She's gonna need some lovin' during these times (poor Taco).

5. Dec 19, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    oofy15354

oofy15354 Proud Tundra *****

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Massachusetts
    Herculiner, Access Tonneau, Uniden cb, firestik antennae, Bosch Wipers, JVC Ipod headunit, Boston Acoustic Speakers
    In massachusetts, they come at every accident if called. then again, its not like they have much else to do in Hanover

6. Dec 19, 2009 at 3:34 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    LOL @ the second wife. Yeah...The taco is in rough shape for being just a year and a half old. I've got some work to do.

That new bumper is going to be money- but I'm still really worried about driving around here. I haven't had an accident in a long time...and my wife hasn't ever until the past two months and there have been two...=\

7. Dec 19, 2009 at 5:28 PM
    el_smurfo

el_smurfo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Out here in Cali, all the cops are doing crosswalk stings, so you need to be seriously injured to get an actual police report.

8. Dec 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    Stillfly199

Stillfly199 ( . )( . )

Member:
    First Name:
    J.D.
    Bro Capital of the word
    Vehicle:
    2010 FJ Cruiser
    Im not driving the taco anymore

9. Dec 19, 2009 at 5:52 PM
    Brunes

Brunes [OP] abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Vehicle:
    That is about what I looked like last night leaving work. I get all these messages and phone calls...My wife is in tears- and what do I have to do...Drive 3.5 hours to get here before I can do anything.

And the icing to this kick the in balls cake- Earned myself a speeding ticket today. Fucking 11 over...Who does that

::fuckin pissed and pouting::

To Top