1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Brute of a coyote

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by crittergitter, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Dec 17, 2009 at 4:50 PM
    crittergitter

crittergitter [OP] Proud to be Canadian Navy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stu
    Shearwater, NS
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma 4WD Double Cab
    Bugger, skid plate, colour coded cap, bed mat, AFE Air Filter, Rear diff breather mod, Chirp on door lock;unlock, ABS mod, Weathertechs front and rear, 60" Hi-lift jack, LED light mod in rear bed, 12V accessory in bed, n more stuff.
    First off my apologies for no picture, it was -20 up here this morning and the batteries in the camera didn't want to play. That being said got a big male coyote this morning with my .22-250 at about 95 paces. We have been seeing some big ones so I bought a set of 0 - 50 lb hand scales. He weighed in at 44.5 lbs, a real brute. I love to hate coyotes!!!!!!!!!!! I'll try for pix next time.

2. Dec 17, 2009 at 6:24 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    no pics? it didnt happen ;)

3. Dec 17, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I was out scouting for some new stands today.:)

Congrats btw.

4. Dec 18, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    crittergitter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stu
    Shearwater, NS
    Vehicle:
    Bugger, skid plate, colour coded cap, bed mat, AFE Air Filter, Rear diff breather mod, Chirp on door lock;unlock, ABS mod, Weathertechs front and rear, 60" Hi-lift jack, LED light mod in rear bed, 12V accessory in bed, n more stuff.
    Hey don't bust my chops, the batteries were as cold as I was that's why the camera didn't work It was about -5 in your Fahrenheit degrees and windier than 'ol &*()!!! We have gotten quite a few out of that spot. The one before that was a 35 yard shotgun shot, gotta love semi's!!!
    I sorta beat this last guy up, took him through the front legs first and then had to finish him off. He was just trotting across the field, I think he must have jumped when I fired? Who knows, eh?
    I will endeavour however to keep the batteries in my mouth while I hunt and perhaps they will be warm enough to fire off a couple of pictures with the camera next time I shoot one..
    Coyotes are way plentiful up here now. There was a woman killed last month in Cape Breton, which is about 150 miles away. People just hate coyotes up here now.

5. Dec 18, 2009 at 6:35 PM
    nemesis4

nemesis4 Member

Member:
    There are coyotes in the Maritimes? thought all you guys had were seagulls and fish :p

6. Dec 19, 2009 at 7:14 AM
    crittergitter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stu
    Shearwater, NS
    Vehicle:
    Well I'm a herring choker so there are lots of fish that's for sure!!! Was goose hunting yesterday, but the wind wasn't right, they were staying well off to sea and not coming in. It was blistering cold here as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top