1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bruteforce Fabrication - Buyer's Beware

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Drunken Duncan, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Apr 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM
    423 TACO

423 TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Knox-ish, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 MGM Sport 6sp AC
    Even after the OP and the new time frame, if we could keep in contact I personally would still be completely content, and I'm sure the others would at least feel better. Emails and calls with messages have been left, and like you said it makes it worse when you hear that he's contacting other people (Aaron). I totally forgot about Facebook though, glad you brought that up. I will send him a message and see if I get a response that way

2. Apr 28, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    bigtaco06

bigtaco06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Nor-Cal
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DBCB SB
    Floor mats, shorty antenna, brute force hybrid front bumper, ICON stage 3, method double standards, 285/75/16 KM2's, cool stickers
    I've delt with Billy in the past and he is not a shiesty guy. Be patient, I can understand the frustration it's just one of those things. I had times where I tried to contact Billy and he didn't pick up, usually he returned my call in a few days. I wasn't mad because I new it would be a few months before I even saw my shit. If he doesn't pick up during the day time he is usually in the shop and you have to realize the dude has a life. If you try to call later in the day dudes at home with his family. I know it sucks but almost all the vendors on TW have gotten behind at some point or another. I'm certain Billy wants to get the products out to you in the time frame he promises, and it's hard to stay on those time frames with all the variable that goes along with metal fab and running a business. So chill out guys.

3. Apr 28, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    RockyMtnTRD

RockyMtnTRD Wanderlust.

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR
    hack job
    8 months for a pallet full of custom bumpers?
    I'd give him a break and look forward to the badass bumpers you will receive

4. Apr 28, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    I message him on FB all the time and he responds quickly for what its worth.

5. Apr 28, 2014 at 10:26 AM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    These dudes get swarms of emails and messages and calls, easy to get lost in the flurry. It sucks but keep with it, it'll work out.

6. Apr 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    BabyTaco

BabyTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    I still don't understand why everyone says it is OK to delay an order months past a due date. I know the workload could potentially be a lot and he has other responsibilities but that doesn't make it right. Its a damn job. When I am hired to do something I do it. If there is a set date then I get it done by said date. If there are issues then it better be a damn good excuse.

Not to mention this "custom" talk. Some orders might be custom as in a lightbar...but most are probably exact copies of what he already produces. The lightbars should be simple after a few have gone through. I know when I do something 100 times in a row I get a hang of it. If a bumper can be built in 6 hours (According to eddy) then I think he could reasonably produce a quality bumper once a week. I can see a one-off (as in a completely new design) taking months. Something he does regularly? Nah.

Ill be sure to tell my next boss that I'll finish my work when I feel like it. Ya know, cause tacomaworld says it's OK.

7. Apr 28, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    AK Taco

AK Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    Anchorage, Ak
    Vehicle:
    chrome-free '99 sr5
    20% tint on all windows, Deckplate mod, satoshi-ish grille, blacked out and/or body matched emblems, rattle canned rims, red l.e.d. interior lights, bilstein 5100's and OME 881 coils , deaver 8 leaf pack, 1.5" lift shackle, alpine sound system, 55w HID lightforce 140 and 170 fogs
    Its not the fact that its been that long, thats whatever and I would be perfectly fine with that. BUT, we were originally told the beginning of January, then February, then late february, and now its the end of April and I still don't even have a final invoice. It seems the only time we've been able to get ahold of him is when he needs to tell us we're not gonna see our stuff for another month.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  8. Apr 28, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    [​IMG]

9. Apr 28, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Do you know what it takes to build one of these bumpers?

First off steel suppliers, then he has to have the patterns cut, then the pieces bent, though it may sound simple each takes a lot of time. To do all this in house takes a huge shop and extremely expensive equipment. So between all the running around for that he then has to depend on all these contracted services to deliver on time. Then assemble, weld, grind, clean, package, ship. So yes maybe they're not one off but theyre hand made custom bumpers all the same.

Do I think its okay? Well no but I'm not an impatient know it all either. It sucks but he will deliver. I have no doubt I'd be very anxious and frustrated in their positions but keeping some of this in mind may help. Custom work and huge orders don't always go as planned. The communication is something else but again, I'd guarantee he gets a lot of emails and phone calls and to give him the benefit of the doubt it'd be easy to lose track of a few messages. Keep at him, it will work out.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  10. Apr 28, 2014 at 4:59 PM
    BabyTaco

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    But again, this is something he would deal with again and again. He should know the time it takes him to get steel, the time to takes to get it cut, and the time it takes him to weld.

11. Apr 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM
    AKTACO420

AKTACO420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RETODD
    Anchorage AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    bucket seats grille craft mesh grille and lights behind grille
    some of us are getting more frustrated then others over this lets not start bashing one another we have faith that he will deliver and I have faith in his quality but the thing that is frustrating is communication. We might seem like we're being impatient but like said before we don't have time around here to keep making plans for the arrival only to have the dates change

12. Apr 28, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    BabyTaco

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    I'll put it out there that I am not actually frustrated, angry, or against Billy and Bruteforce. I just like to argue and its better than dealing with homework right now :). I do stand by what I say in that a business should have a handle on its lead times but the consumer should also be smart enough to research and know what they are getting into.

13. Apr 28, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    AKTACO420

AKTACO420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RETODD
    Anchorage AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    bucket seats grille craft mesh grille and lights behind grille
    Your the one that seems to understand

14. Apr 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    SigSense

SigSense Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCLB 4X4
    You can keep your doctor if you like your doctor......oh wait, different promise.

15. Apr 28, 2014 at 5:23 PM
    BabyTaco

Member:
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 RC Tacoma
    I understand it but I don't have much to add at this point. Fanboys will always try to justify it. I'll just keep this in mind when it comes time to part with some cash.

16. Apr 28, 2014 at 5:27 PM
    HBtaco02

HBtaco02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allen
    Huntington Beach
    Vehicle:
    02 4wd SR5 TRD
    ARB Front Locker grey wire mod Camburg UCA's Extended Kings All-Pro expo's 10" Bilstien Brute Force Hybrid front bumper Smitty XRC8
    Sorry to hear about the delay. I bought a hybrid bumper and kick out sliders from Billy last year. It took a bit longer that he said. But no where near the delay you guys experienced.

17. Apr 28, 2014 at 5:34 PM
    AK Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    Anchorage, Ak
    Vehicle:
    chrome-free '99 sr5
    20% tint on all windows, Deckplate mod, satoshi-ish grille, blacked out and/or body matched emblems, rattle canned rims, red l.e.d. interior lights, bilstein 5100's and OME 881 coils , deaver 8 leaf pack, 1.5" lift shackle, alpine sound system, 55w HID lightforce 140 and 170 fogs
    The one thing keeping me positive is that I have only been waiting for half the time the people in the Elite group buy have been waiting for :eek:

18. Apr 28, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    I see you constantly repeating the same info over and over...and i fully understand what you are saying lol. So you aren't just talking to yourself :thumbsup:

Ive said this before, but on these pre paid orders, especially if you are charging the full price up front, when these things take 8 months :eek: I think it is fair to factor in time value of money at a standard rate for the buyer. 2000 is a ton of money to just throw out and receive nothing on for 8 months. Either put a down payment then pay the rest when finished, or that deadline better be a very accurate dead line or terms change. Just how it works with most other businesses...

19. Apr 28, 2014 at 5:42 PM
    AK Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    Anchorage, Ak
    Vehicle:
    chrome-free '99 sr5
    I only put down a $300 deposit FWIW. So not even half the cost of the bumper. So im not sure why he said he paid the full 2k for his bumpers.. The 6 or 7 of us others are still waiting for final invoices to pay him the rest of the cost of the bumpers.

EDIT: He is also the only one who's been waiting 8 months. The rest of us have been waiting 6 at the most.

20. Apr 28, 2014 at 5:43 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    oh ok. see that makes more sense.

To Top