1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BudBuilt Question?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by silverbullet05, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Aug 2, 2009 at 1:55 PM
    silverbullet05

silverbullet05 [OP] OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    BLACK 09 DC 4x4 TRD OFF ROAD
    Icon Coilovers, Icon Rear Res. Shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, Fabtech AAL, TRD CAI, KMC XD Enduros, 285's BFG KM2; Demello Sliders, Full Budbuilt Skid Set
    Yeah I have and used the spacer that keeps the exhaust from getting crushed. The problem I have is when the front skid is bolted down it hits the bottom of the engine I had to use these two over sized nuts that were used for the same reason on the oem skids. It is much better if not perfect with the spacer(nuts). This caused the mid skid to have about a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch gap between the two. also the hardware is a bit short so i need to get a longer bolt.

2. Aug 2, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    silverbullet05

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Icon Coilovers, Icon Rear Res. Shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, Fabtech AAL, TRD CAI, KMC XD Enduros, 285's BFG KM2; Demello Sliders, Full Budbuilt Skid Set
    I have taken them off and put them on several times during this process so I am real comfy with them now. With the except on of the front skid they go on real easy and the only thing not easy about the front was the spacer issue.

3. Aug 2, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    ChocoTaco08

ChocoTaco08 Can't Fix Broke!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shooter
    MD
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 BSP
    [Tinted Windows]-[Clean Shaven Emblems]-[Husky Floor Liners]-[AVS Vent Visors]-[TRD Seat Covers]-[Tacoma Bed Mat]-[6000K H.I.D.'s]-[Coverking Backseat Covers]-[BHLM]-[Altezza Taillights]-[Scanguage II]-[Eyelids]-[Tinted Third Brake Light]-[Grillcraft Upper]-[Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit]-[BFG KM2's (285-70-17)]-[XD Revolvers (17X9)]-[PIAA 510's]-[All Pro Front Bumper]-[Cobra Cb]-[Wilson 4' Cb Antenna]-[BudBuilt Skids]-[Devil Horns Symbol]-[FLM]-[Demello Hybrid Sliders]
    I had trouble installing mine also. On the front skid. I did not use a spacer. The only problem i had with the front skid was that i had removed my stock skid plate hangers off so after we figured out i needed those it went on fine.

4. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:26 PM
    silverbullet05

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    So I wrasseled them bitches on:D. still not happy with the front but oh well.
    here is a pic of the problem area.

[​IMG]

I had to use that nut as a spacer

[​IMG]

without the spacer the skids will rub on that thing to the left.

[​IMG]

this is the other side. same story without the nut the skids tighten down on those things in the photos.

By using the spacers it made the mid not sit as deep as it should of so I needed longer bolts.
    ........................................................................................................

Here are some photos of the finished product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

plenty of room :rolleyes:

5. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:30 PM
    ChocoTaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Shooter
    MD
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 BSP
    [Tinted Windows]-[Clean Shaven Emblems]-[Husky Floor Liners]-[AVS Vent Visors]-[TRD Seat Covers]-[Tacoma Bed Mat]-[6000K H.I.D.'s]-[Coverking Backseat Covers]-[BHLM]-[Altezza Taillights]-[Scanguage II]-[Eyelids]-[Tinted Third Brake Light]-[Grillcraft Upper]-[Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit]-[BFG KM2's (285-70-17)]-[XD Revolvers (17X9)]-[PIAA 510's]-[All Pro Front Bumper]-[Cobra Cb]-[Wilson 4' Cb Antenna]-[BudBuilt Skids]-[Devil Horns Symbol]-[FLM]-[Demello Hybrid Sliders]
    What does that crossmember bolt too?

6. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    silverbullet05

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    it bolts to a small metal plate that claps down on the frame when you tighten the bolts

7. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:37 PM
    ChocoTaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Shooter
    MD
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 BSP
    Ok. Yeah guess that was something else i didn't get. I didn't receive the spacer or that metal piece.

8. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:37 PM
    silverbullet05

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    didnt you get one

9. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    silverbullet05

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    so you just put on your front and mid for now?

10. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    silverbullet05

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    if you have some pics post them. i would like to see how someone else did.

11. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    ChocoTaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Shooter
    MD
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 BSP
    I put on all three just left the part open with out the spacer and left the crossbar up tight to the frame. i won't be drivin my truck soon so i can wait for the pieces.

12. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    ChocoTaco08

Member:
    First Name:
    Shooter
    MD
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 BSP
    I can get pics tomorrow its dark now. and i know what you went through it was a pain in the ass.

13. Aug 2, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    silverbullet05

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    so you didnt get the two little pieces that had two threaded holes for the crossbar? you also didnt get the spacer to keep your exhaust from getting crushed. I didnt get any hardware to start. bud got it to me super quick once i talked to him

14. Aug 4, 2009 at 9:30 AM
    silverbullet05

Member:
    First Name:
    SlickRick
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    I may need to call and see if i can get those front spacers. I am getting some good vibration noise from the skids

Products Discussed in

To Top