1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BudBuilt Sliders review

Discussion in 'Armor' started by Filterec, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Aug 17, 2019 at 8:54 AM
    Filterec

Filterec [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Voodoo TRD Pro
    Just wanted to write a quick review on the Budbuilt Sliders from ordering process to delivery to installation.

Ordered: Sliders from BudBuilt on 6/12/19.

I spoke with one of the engineers there, and he actually talked me OUT of ordering the more expensive "Ultimate" sliders after we talked about the level or rock crawling I tend to enjoy. I am very much a "6 out of 10" trail runner and will only use the sliders for those moments when your coming down the backside of a small boulder and the body might slam down. Honestly, the friendliest guy and the easiest telephone ordering process.

Decided to go with the DOM/Kick out/ textured black and got them for $1037.37 SHIPPED to Denver, CO. from Hudson, NC. Shipping was $232.37.

Was told 10-12 weeks lead time.

Delivered: 9/14/19 (Took 9 weeks exactly to the day to be delivered to my door)

Packing/Shipping information: These were overpackaged in the best possible way. Not only were the sliders wrapped in a good amount of foam wrapping, they were also secured in the best cardboard for shipping. I have to say I was a bit apprehensive about black powder coated bars that weigh over 100 lbs each not arriving with damage. They arrived completely undamaged.

Install: Real real straightforward. A lil confusing as to which bolts were what initially as they don't come with any instructions. There are instructions on the website available, but the count of bolts and nuts don't line up with the outdated instructions. Still, not a problem. It makes more sense when you lay it all out and crawl under there. They weigh a ton. Make sure you have a second set of hands.

Communication: A lil iffy when it comes to getting a call back or speaking with one of the crew at the shop. This is usually the case with these smaller outfits, and I was never mad about it. It did take two weeks to get a hold of a human with repeated calls. Again, never caused too much of an issue. (I was trying to make sure the sliders weren't gonna arrive when I was out of town)

IMG_9310.jpgIMG_9307.jpg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    b1985sb and CraignGA like this.
  2. Aug 2, 2020 at 7:41 PM
    CRasch505

CRasch505 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Albuquerque NM
    Vehicle:
    2019 Calvary Blue TRD-OR DCSB
    Curious to see how these are holding up at the year mark. I’m looking at the BudBuilt Stage 2 Overland skid package. I’ve heard great things but wanted to see your opinion. Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top