1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

buddy's FJ needs upgrades....

Discussion in 'FJ Cruisers' started by DeSean Thick, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Jul 11, 2014 at 12:42 PM
    DeSean Thick

DeSean Thick [OP] TuRD TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Snowmass, CO
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    Hello all, a former taco & 4r and current fj owner friend of mine has a stock FJ that he doesn't want stock anymore.

He lifted both his previous yotas, 4r with spacers and taco with OME. He is considering lifting the FJ (OME again) but it seems mostly because he hates the stock bumper and wants an aftermarket one. So right now he's deciding between an ARB bumper with new suspension to carry it, or an all aluminum demello :eek: which he could install without any other upgrades.

Money IS an issue for him, so either route he goes will bankrupt his truck fund for the time being.

I'm trying to give him advice but honestly I'm stumped... Would an OME lift and bumper look too goofy on an otherwise stock fj? And how crazily overkill is it to put such a sick aluminum bumper on with everything else stock? I've tried looking for pictures but everyone here has such amazing rigs that I can't get a feel for what either setup would look like.

I know he will continue to upgrade down the road, but with a new baby it's hard to say when he'll have money for it.

The biggest issue I'm facing is that if he makes these upgrades, he will most definitely come to Colorado and wheel with me. So he's got to do something

2. Jul 11, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    DeSean Thick

DeSean Thick [OP] TuRD TACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Snowmass, CO
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    He's pulling the trigger on the aluminum demello bumper. hopefully he can turn it into a beast of a truck and post it up here some day. if anything unexpected happens i'll put it up here, in case others are interested in doing the same thing

3. Jul 19, 2014 at 6:38 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    image.jpg

Ome lift with a bumper and a 9.5 winch on my fj.

To Top