1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

buffalo Duratrac test

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by skistoy, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Dec 4, 2010 at 1:55 PM
    Cogge89

Cogge89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Saint John, NB
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, Kicker ZX400.1 Amp, Kicker CVT 10" Sub. Light Racing UCAs, Front OME Shocks with 885x Coils, Rear OME Shocks with Dakar Leaf Pack, Engine Cover Paint Job, 265/70/17 Duratracs.
    Or.. at very least.. Should put a paper bag over her face.

2. Dec 4, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    Yay for Lake effect!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duratracs look to be ok, I will stick with my Generals though.

3. Dec 4, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    jrobson

jrobson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    They work great in the sand as well. The closest thing to a snow drift I'll get will be in the form of a sand dune. I miss the snow.

4. Dec 4, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    MUDFISH

MUDFISH Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse
    Vehicle:
    12 Double Cab SR5
    tell me about it... my in-laws used to live about 20 minutes outside of Syracuse, and there would be a foot in the city and 3 feet at their house... Lake Effect is killer... we are expecting 13 1/2" inches because of it over the next couple days and I can't wait...

5. Dec 4, 2010 at 5:08 PM
    AKTACO420

AKTACO420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RETODD
    Anchorage AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    bucket seats grille craft mesh grille and lights behind grille
    this is bull crap u would think we would get snow but nope mother nature just like to trick us. Were i live we have about two and a half feet maby

6. Dec 5, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    skistoy

skistoy [OP] Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Already have gone through 1 winter last year , here is a pic from just a few weeks ago.

[​IMG]

7. Dec 5, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    skistoy

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    I run 34 psi up front and 24 psi in the rear all year long.!
    with the back end being so light, the 24 psi in the rear is perfect.

the pic above is at those pressures

8. Dec 5, 2010 at 3:57 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    Oh how I miss the East Coast and lake effect

9. Dec 5, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    skistoy

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    We had so much snow that today they were using front loaders and dump trucks to carry the snow away from the neighborhood streets. most side streets have only been about 1 lane wide till they got the snow out.

10. Dec 5, 2010 at 6:25 PM
    AKTACO420

AKTACO420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RETODD
    Anchorage AK
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    bucket seats grille craft mesh grille and lights behind grille
    Pics of the snow

11. Dec 5, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    skistoy

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    only took a few, on the 1st page

12. Dec 5, 2010 at 6:58 PM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    Yep, sausage with cream sauce!:)

13. Dec 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM
    skistoy

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

this is from inside my moms garage

14. Dec 7, 2010 at 1:58 AM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Holy cow Skistoy, I can't believe that amount of snow.
    We use to get snow like that daily but not so much in the last couple of years.
    I'm not complaining though.
    Hopefully that system don't come up my way.

Great truck by the way. I really enjoyed those pics in the thread

15. Dec 7, 2010 at 2:11 AM
    '02TRD

'02TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab 4x4 SR5 TRD
    Billstein 5100's & AAL, 285/75R16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts on Black 16x8 Raceline Renegades, Pro-Tech Toolbox, Wet Okole covers, K&N air filter, Tow package, Alpine digital media receiver, Kenwood Amp, Rockford Fosgate 10" sub, Cobra 75 hand held CB, front differential drop
    jealous of that snow. went to school in Wisconsin for a year and had a blast in it. hoping we get some snow in Oregon again this year!!!

16. Dec 7, 2010 at 2:36 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    Or hit puberty.

17. Dec 7, 2010 at 3:28 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.

Grew up in upstate New York and this story is spot on. No more NY winters for me-:D

Funny Snow Shoveling Story

DIARY OF A SNOW SHOVELER
    December 8 - 6:00 PM
    It started snowing. The first snow of the season and the wife and I took our cocktail drinks and sat for hours by the window watching the huge soft flakes drift down from heaven. It looked like a Grandma Moses Print. So romantic we felt like newlyweds again. We love snow!
    December 9
    We woke to a beautiful blanket of crystal white snow covering every inch of the landscape. What a fantastic sight! Can there be a more lovely place in the whole world? Moving here was the best idea I've ever had! Shoveled for the first time in years and felt like a little boy again. I cleared both our driveway and the sidewalks. This afternoon the snowplough came along and covered up the sidewalks and closed in the driveway, so I got to shovel again. What a perfect life![​IMG]
    December 12
    The sun has melted all our lovely snow... Such a disappointment! My neighbor tells me not to worry - we'll definitely have a White Christmas.
    No snow on Christmas would be awful! Bob says we'll have so much snow by the end of winter, that I'll never want to see snow again. I don't think that's possible. However, Bob is such a nice man, I'm glad he's our neighbor.
    December 13
    Snow, lovely snow! 8 inches last night. The temperature dropped to -20F. The cold makes everything sparkle so. The wind took my breath away, but I warmed up by shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. This is the life! The snowplough came back this afternoon and buried everything again.. I didn't realize I would have to do quite this much shoveling, but I'll certainly get back in shape this way. I wish I wouldn't huff and puff so.
    December 15[​IMG]
    20 inches forecast for today. I sold my van and bought a 4x4 Blazer. Bought snow tyres for the wife's car and 2 extra shovels. We stocked the freezer. The wife wants a wood stove in case the electricity goes out. I think that's extravagant. We aren't in Alaska, after all.
    December 16
    Ice storm this morning. Fell on my butt on the ice in the driveway putting down salt. Hurt like hell. The wife laughed for an hour, which I think was very cruel.
    December 17
    Still way below freezing. Roads are too icy to go anywhere.
    Θ

Today the electricity was off for 4 hours. We had to pile the blankets on to stay warm. Nothing to do but stare at the wife and try not to irritate her. Guess I should've bought a wood stove, but won't admit it to her. Gee I hate it when she's right. I can't believe I'm freezing to death in my own living room.
    December 20
    Yippee the electricity's back on, but we had another 14 inches of the damn stuff last night. More shoveling! Took all day. The damn snowplough came by twice. Tried to find a neighbor kid to shovel, but they said they're too busy playing hockey. I think they're lying. Called the only hardware store around to see about buying a snow blower and they're out. Might have another shipment in March. I think they're lying. Bob says I have to shovel or the city will have it done and bill me. I think he's lying.
    December 22
    Bob was right about a white Christmas because 13 more inches of the white stuff fell today, and it's so cold, it probably won't melt till August. Took me 45 minutes to get all dressed up to go out to shovel and then I had to go to the loo. By the time I got undressed, and dressed again, I was too tired to shovel. Tried to hire Bob who has a plough on his truck for the rest of the winter, but he says he's too busy. I think the asshole is lying.
    December 23
    [​IMG]Only 2 inches of snow today. And it warmed up to zero. The wife wanted me to decorate the front of the house this morning. What is she, nuts?!! Why didn't she tell me to do that a month ago? She says she did but I think she's lying.
    December 24
    6 inches fell, but the snow was packed so hard by the snowplough, I broke my shovel. Thought I was having a heart attack. If I ever catch the son-of-a-bitch who drives that snowplough, I'll drag him through the snow by his hair and beat him to death with my broken shovel. I know he hides around the corner and waits for me to finish shoveling and then he comes down the street at a 100 miles an hour and throws snow all over where I've just been! Tonight the wife wanted me to sing Christmas carols with her and open our presents, but I was too busy watching for the damn snowplough.

Funny Snow Story Continues ...
    December 25 - Christmas Day
    Merry Christmas! 20 more inches of the damn slop tonight - Snowed in. The idea of shoveling makes my blood boil. God, I hate the snow! Then the snowplough driver came by asking for a donation and I hit him over the head with my shovel. The wife says I have a bad attitude. I think she's a real idiot. If I have to watch "It's A Wonderful Life" one more time, I'm going to stuff her into the microwave. [​IMG]
    December 26
    Still snowed in. Why the hell did I ever move here? It was all HER idea. She's really getting on my nerves.
    December 27
    Temperature dropped to -30 and the pipes froze; plumber came after 14 hours of waiting for him, he only charged me $1,750 to replace 4 of my pipes.
    December 28
    Warmed up to above -20. Still snowed in. The BITCH is driving me crazy!!!
    December 29
    10 more inches. Bob says I have to shovel the roof or it could cave in. That's the silliest thing I ever heard. How dumb does he think I am? [​IMG]
    December 30
    Roof caved in. I beat up the snowplough driver, and now he is suing me for a million dollars, not only the beating I gave him, but also for trying to shove the broken snow shovel up his ass. The wife went home to her mother. Nine more inches predicted.
    December 31
    I set fire to what's left of the house. No more shoveling.
    January 8
    Feel so good. I just love those little white pills they keep giving me. Why am I tied to the bed???

18. Dec 7, 2010 at 3:40 AM
    SkyHighTacoma

SkyHighTacoma Josh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Brazoria County Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB SR5 MGM
    :eek::drool: I wish I could go snow wheelin and driftin!! :(

19. Dec 7, 2010 at 2:36 PM
    skistoy

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

last night

Merry Christmas !!!

20. Dec 7, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    jaykulas

jaykulas Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 trd offroad
    bilsteins 5100,smittybilt lightbar,westin driving lights,flowmaster catback, KnN dropin filter,pontoon style nerfbars,goodyear duratrac tires.
    sorry off topic, but what brand nerfbars do u have? I like it very much...and yeah cant wait for the snow here so i can test them DT's!

Products Discussed in

To Top