1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buffeting sound in driver front fender well

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Paul's TRD, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Feb 22, 2011 at 8:36 AM
    Paul's TRD

Paul's TRD [OP] I'm Not Your F***ing Brother

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    So my truck has 10,500 miles and this buffeting sound just started coming from the aforementioned area. The buffeting starts at around 65mph and up. it's pretty accurate, so I can make it happen when I hit that speed. It's just sounds like something buffeting in the front driver fender well, but i don't feel any vibration at all. I can turn up the stereo and drownd it out and I will feel nothing. So I assume it can't be anything in the driveline or bearings. please school me if I'm wrong. I have tried eliminating all other options. I trimed the front part of fender well lining when I bought my tires some 7000 miles ago. thinking that might have been the issue I rebraced it with some aluminum strap, still buffeting. I removed the rubber covers that conceal the engine, still buffeting. there is nothing else that seems loose that could buffet, but I'm still getting the buffeting. One last thing, they did just rotate my tires at my 10K oil change. Any ideas? suggestions? or experience with this?

2. Feb 22, 2011 at 1:27 PM
    Paul's TRD

Paul's TRD [OP] I'm Not Your F***ing Brother

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    Bump. I know. I'm having trouble figuring it out to.

To Top