1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bull bar

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dobri56, May 13, 2012.

1. May 13, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    Dobri56

Dobri56 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2012 trd sport longbed
    Smitty Bull bar, PIAA 540, MBRP turn down exhaust, Tractor trailer tool box. Black headlight mod, fog light mod, TRD seat covers, tacoma floor mats, Recon under tailgate light
    Do the smitty bull bars or dezee bull bars that fit the 05-11 fit the 12 as well? I'm just wondering before purchascing cause I feel if I buy something that fits a 05-10 or 05-11 it is cheaper. I really feel nothing has changed behind that bumper but not too sure can't remember it from the 09 style

2. May 13, 2012 at 2:01 PM
    MUDFISH

MUDFISH Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse
    Vehicle:
    12 Double Cab SR5
    I was wondering the same thing as well, I was looking at the hunter bull bar. This is one similar post in the archives, but it wasn't answered...

3. May 13, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    Call, email or check out their websites.

4. May 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM
    Dobri56

Dobri56 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2012 trd sport longbed
    Smitty Bull bar, PIAA 540, MBRP turn down exhaust, Tractor trailer tool box. Black headlight mod, fog light mod, TRD seat covers, tacoma floor mats, Recon under tailgate light
    most of the sellers we are talking about are on ebay and don't bother to look at the trucks to find out. They just buy inventory at a lower cost and sell. So that is why I am asking if anyone knows if something that fits the 05-11 that is being sold would also fit the 12

5. May 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Opie
    Bedford, Va
    Vehicle:
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    2012 FJ Cruiser Maggiolina Medium Grand Tour w/winter hood National Luna dual battery split charging system ABR Sidewinder Aux battery tray ARB 50qt Fridge w/Transit Bag Bajarack flat rack w/ladder Crawlarado flat black hood blackout TRD exhaust Trasharoo Outback FJ roof console
    I'm talking about the manufacturer not the seller.

6. May 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM
    grizquad

grizquad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma TRD sport
    Plasmaglow Firestorm lights, Westin Bull bar, Flyzeye interior console lights
    I have a 2012 double cab, and bought a Westin bull bar and the skid plate got rust spots that would not go away, then Aries came out with one for the 12 and I returned the other one and got the Aries. I am very happy with Aries (built better too) and Autoanything took great care of me and I am very happy with the Aries (about $100. cheaper too!)

7. May 13, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    Schwinn

Schwinn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Georgina, ON
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport with Trail Teams package
    Just installed the Smitty yesterday on my 12, and the instructions said, "05-12".

Actually wanted the Avid light bar for better protection, but after shipping it to Canada it was way out of my budget.

To Top