1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bully Dog GT-T+ Toyota Tuner

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by tcBob, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Oct 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    I wouldn't cancel the claim. They're making you jump threw loops to benefit themselves. Screw them, I'd kept the claim for documented purpose.

2. Oct 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    sfcadams

sfcadams Retired Senior NCO

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Elizabeth, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road DCSB Prerunner Skeewped
    Haven't heard from TAP today reference the return.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  3. Oct 22, 2013 at 8:04 PM
    Commanderwiggin

Commanderwiggin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma D/C 4x4 TRD Sport 6MT Supercharged
    So sick of your whining...everytime I come back in here it's Tap this...BD that...you are an impossible customer to please!! Open your own thread.

That being said...my request from Bullydog is to post dyno's and a listing of every mod done on the truck, ambient temp, boost and location of the dyno (for elevation reference). Show results in SAE.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. Oct 23, 2013 at 3:40 AM
    sfcadams

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Elizabeth, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Commanderwiggin,

I am not impossible to please, I am just not someone who likes spending their money on something that doesn't do what it is said to do and then having someone try and make me pay more money just to recoup some of it. TAP Auto Parts and BD both started talking to me about my return somewhere around page 7 or so on this thread. There are more than a few people in this thread that appreciate the information that is being put out on my return situation. If you are not one of them, that is fine. Just come in here if you want and look past it for whatever information you are looking for. If you can't do that, then feel free not to come back in here. When you start paying for things for me, then you can decide what I do and where/how I do it.

Your choice.

Nobody asked you to come back in here and start talking out the side of your neck...

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  5. Oct 23, 2013 at 4:12 AM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    I think it is the perfect place for the updates and info/issues. It is a development thread and although its not product development it IS related and HOPEFULLY will help with market development in a positive way.. If he started a seperate thread for that who would see it?

I think everyone would love to see that. But so far it has yet to come.. BD has provided some info on the good faith principle and so far i think thats it. BD wesly (probably spelled wrong) has been answering what he can and helping us on here out when he can so I would think that we here on TW would see some info from him if/when it is available. (not that it doesn't exist)

6. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:23 AM
    StuckinOhio

StuckinOhio Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    12' v6 AC 4x4 SR5
    Last time I checked, your NOT the OP, so slow your power trip of telling people to "not come back" to this thread. If you truly had "thick skin" you would not be complaining for (5+) pages. Nobody asked you to post every time communication that happened between you and TAP/BD. I fully agree with Commanderwiggin. It is unlikely any positive useful info on this product will be posted in this thread when you keep sh*ting in it. Vendors won't post I if it's bad for business, and obviously dealing with you is bad for business. I've taken your ordeal with a grain I salt, so should everyone about anything written online. Also the rest of the forum misses out on positive info because you're being a clown. Have you started a "DO NOT BUY BD FROM TAP" thread? Because you should.

yha2udap_9a727762cc73c2ac1e83b98be34620897a716959.jpg

7. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    sfcadams

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Elizabeth, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    :lalala:

I am not the OP nor am I on a power trip, lol. I do have thick skin but I am pretty sure my "complaining" is valid. I told him if he can't come in here and find the information he needs without worrying about what I am talking about then he can feel free to not come back in here. Like it has been stated before why start a new thread on something when it is pertinent to this thread? Information is still being posted in this thread so I believe your point is invalid. Are you one of those people that only want to see the positive things in the world? I am posting REAL issues in this DEVELOPMENT thread. There is positive info in here and if there is a problem with something, it should be addressed as well. I will continue to post in here until the situation is resolved to my satisfaction.

IF you can't deal with it, maybe you should not come back in here either?

8. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:41 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Tough crowd......

Back to business though, would be nice to see an update from our favorite BD poster! Hint, hint........

9. Oct 23, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    BD Wesley

BD Wesley Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Aberdeen, ID
    Hi guys. haha.

Update for now: A local dealership hooked us up with a Tacoma. Unfortunately, I guess they decided that we need to tune the 4 cylinder, so they gave us that one...
    So, we're going to be putting in some time on that one. We'll also get a 4.0 in soon and be working on that one at the same time. We have returned all the Tundra's we had, and you guys are now our Toyota focus.
    I also passed on the info that you guys would like dyno charts, and so once they start dynoing they're going to get me the results. I'll list the mods that they have when I get them to you guys.

For the Tundra guys we recently released a Trail Tune and Trail Throttle. You can see this in the last few pages of the Tundra Talk Bully Dog Tuner thread, or the GT T+ Info thread might have it posted in the log now. Would you guys be interested in these two things? The trail throttle is what it sounds like. Built for the trail. The Trail Tune was built to coincide with this and meet the growing demand for the tune. Let me know if this is something you guys would be interested in seeing brought in!

We're located in American Falls, Idaho. About 4500 elevation.

10. Oct 23, 2013 at 7:50 AM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    Please communicate, if you haven't already, that many NA 4.0 owners are awaiting performance info as we try to justify the price. Personally I can't justify it at all without some actual NA 4.0 data to go on.

11. Oct 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    I think we are just looking for something. An estimated 10hp for a 4.0 NA engine doesn't make me want to spend $800 to $900. When I can get CARB approved DT Short tube headers that give that or more for less money installed.

If you want more people to buy it, show us what we can get.

As for a tune, I'd like to see you give us another tune that will improve gas mileage. Make something that will give me a mixed 25mpg and I'll but it even if the max tune only gives 10hp.

12. Oct 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    Konvict KROG

Konvict KROG Live Free or Die Trying

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Old Toyota's, Power Wagon, and a Tacoma
    Traded the 2015 TRD Pro 6spd Supercharged on a PowerWagon and could not be happier. My 2011 Tacoma with the TX Baja package (Added by me) is still treating me great. My 1985 Toyota never skips a beat.
    I personally think the trail tune is a great idea.

I think there are 4 basic categories
    Towing
    Performance
    Economy
    Offroad

Each of which I'm sure overlaps another for certain aspects but that's what I think.

The tacoma would probably benifit from a trail specific tune more than the tundra since I would venture to guess that there are more actively off-road used Tacoma trucks.

Its actually interesting that you got the 4cyl truck because that's the one that has the least aftermarket support and i personally would love to see what is hidden in that awesome if not too small for current tacomas engine.

13. Oct 23, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    StuckinOhio

StuckinOhio Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    12' v6 AC 4x4 SR5
  14. Oct 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    WOODEX M.E.

WOODEX M.E. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD OR Pyrite Mica
    TRD Supercharger, Speedhut TRD Boost Gauge, Speedhut TRD AFR Gauge, PLX Wideband Controller W/Bosch O2 Sensor, Cravenspeed Boost Pod, AFE Pro Dri II Si Intake, Calvert Racing Caltrac Traction Bars. URD Catback Exhaust, URD 2.825" Super Grip Pulley, URD Spec-U Equal Length Headers, URD 255lph Fuel Pump, OEM FPR Mod.

This is something I would like to see. My 2013 SC 4.0 seels like such a dog at throttle tip in compared to my friends 05 NA 4.0. Her's will spin the tires if you are not carful. Mine you have to lay into it. I would like to see a half way point between the two. Somethign sharper, but not as mush as say the M-sport setting on an M3.

Just trying to provide ideas thats all.

15. Oct 23, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    eachin

eachin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Dbl Cab Long Bed, TRD Sport
    All pro font bumper with warn m8000 winch, 4xInnovations sliders, CBI rear wraparound bumper, allpro exped leaf pack, fox 2.0 rear shocks, OME front suspension (886), some other stuff
    Am I the only one that doesn't understand what a "trail tune" is supposed to do? Did I miss the explanation? Why are people so excited?

16. Oct 23, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    BD Wesley

BD Wesley Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Aberdeen, ID
    Funny that you bring that up. In the Tundra applications we have also added a "Performance Throttle" not just the "Trail Throttle". In face, we have Trail, Economy, Stock, and Performance. The Performance throttle has been compared to the sprint booster a few times, and pretty much makes the truck perform as if one was equipped. I'll make sure to pass on that this is something that you guys would like incorporated in as well. It's pretty aggressive so most wouldn't like it for daily driving, but for days at the track or the guys that really like to floor it everywhere, this would probably be a good option for you.

The trail tune is mostly built to go along with the trail throttle. But if you'd like more info, you can check out the Bully Dog Tuner thread on Tundra Talk. A couple guys on there have been trying it out. Where some individuals were running a bit lean, this tune isn't quite as aggressive and so it helped them out.

Thanks for the comments guys! I knew that you guys would like the trail throttle and trail tune. That is definitely more up your alley than the Tundra guys, but I didn't know you'd be interested in the Performance throttle. Keep the great (and the not so great) comments coming, but keep the masses in view if you have suggestions. Thanks guys!

17. Oct 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    eachin

eachin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    All pro font bumper with warn m8000 winch, 4xInnovations sliders, CBI rear wraparound bumper, allpro exped leaf pack, fox 2.0 rear shocks, OME front suspension (886), some other stuff
    I tried reading that thread but it's huge and busy and I didn't see an adequate explanation as to what made "trail tune" different from the other options.

If this tune is less aggressive and less likely to cause the engine to lean out when combined with headers, pulley, and intake then that is GREAT news for me, because that's exactly the scenario that I will be in when by tuner arrives.

Edit: for the sake of clarity, in case it wasn't clear from the reference to the pully, I have a TRD supercharger

18. Oct 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    BD Wesley

BD Wesley Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Aberdeen, ID
    We have yet to have any one run lean on the 93 tune on Tundra applications, even with said aftermarkets. I failed to mention the trail tune will only be available on the n/a applications, because the 93 tune is just like the trail tune but for s/c. The 93(I think it might be 91 on the Tacoma) tune will be similar to this. Both will have the Trail Throttle though. Once I have a bit more info about this I'll repost for clarity.

19. Oct 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM
    tmreyes1

tmreyes1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T-Rey
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD
    Wesley

Could the update come with the tunes already listed and set up instead of the owner having to set them up?

20. Oct 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM
    eachin

eachin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Vehicle:
    Great news all around. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing!

Products Discussed in

To Top