1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bumper end panel retaining clips

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by swrdfghtr, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Jul 10, 2014 at 3:48 PM
    swrdfghtr

swrdfghtr [OP] New Member

Member:
    2012 Pre-Runner. Someone unfortunately knocked off the passenger side front bumper end panel in a parking lot. Grr.

Got a replacement. It's got a set of plastic tabs that fit into corresponding slots on the main front bumper's plastic. I'm guessing there must be retaining clips that go over the tabs first, so that they pop in and then stay in. Does that sound correct?

The panel also has two larger attachment points which act as standoffs - one of them's actually taped onto the panel itself. Those may also need retaining clips of some kind, I'm guessing?

Other than the dealer, anyplace these are available?

2. Jul 10, 2014 at 5:15 PM
    o0oSHADOWo0o

o0oSHADOWo0o Just lurking in the darkness

Member:
    First Name:
    Shadow
    Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    2012 Double Cab Short Bed 4x4 TRD Sport
    Just a few LEDs...
    Good luck finding them anywhere but the dealer. Maybe search for them on the internet?

Some of the guys who have replaced the stock bumper with plate bumpers may have them laying around too.

You could always fashion your own "clips" out of plastic if think they are are too expensive. All you really need is a wedge that won't back out.

I replaced my lower valance with an aftermarket one and a couple of the blue clips fit a little sloppy so I ended up wedging some plastic between the clips and the where the valance was fastened to the bumper.

Products Discussed in

To Top