1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bumper or Frame???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by RockTock, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Feb 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    RockTock

RockTock [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1999 2.4 4 Banger SR5
    Well, so, I bought it, and am stuck with it. So, could this be a frame issue? I won't be able to find out for a week, and there is a topper Im looking at I would need to get soon, so Im trying to gauge my $$

Could this be more than a bumper issue? The left side is right in line, the right side is back about 1". Was I an idiot for buying this truck (IYO) or is this most likely just a "little" ding?:(

IMG_1208.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg

2. Feb 20, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    scotrinaf

scotrinaf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Blountville, TN
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD SR5 4x2 2.7L
    Leer 100XQ, Yakima Roof Racks
    Likely it just got bumped in a parking lot, probably just loosen the bumper mounts and pull it back out... These things are built to withstand some damage without messing up the frame... Could have also bent the bumper mount... Either way, shouldn't cost much to fix it. :)

3. Feb 20, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    RockTock

RockTock [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1999 2.4 4 Banger SR5
    That would be awsuma@! :D Do you think I can use a vise to straighted out the bumper thing? Will just taking off the bottom allow me to see the problem? Thanks

4. Feb 21, 2012 at 4:43 AM
    magog45

magog45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada, just south of Santa
    Vehicle:
    98 tacoma 4x4 extended cab
    5100's all around, 2 inch lift, polyurethane body mounts, gibson exhaust, variation of the deckplate mod, intake resonators removed
    As Scot said likely a little parking lot bump, the stock bumpers on these trucks are pretty flimsy, if they had a handle you could twirl them like a baton and the front mounts are at best 16 gauge steel. When I had mine off I couldn't see where there was an inch of adjustment so its likely the mount is bent a bit. Don't forget the two clips at the tip of the bumper before you take it off though, I broke mine.

To Top