1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bumper Support Brackets Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by VermonterLost, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Oct 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    VermonterLost

VermonterLost [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Castleton, VT
    Vehicle:
    2014 F150
    So I've got a rattle coming from the front end of my truck, near as I can figure. I can hear it coming from the front right, everything on the suspension is tight, does it when the brakes are applied or not, and does it mainly on rough roads. The bumper has a bit of play to it also. After searching, yes I searched first, I think my bumper support brackets may be loose. I've read you have to pull the grille and bumper to fix this, however I not only dislike tearing apart my truck for every little thing as I'm excellent at breaking shit, but the weather is getting colder quickly and plastic doesn't usually like that.

When I was looking the other day I can see the bolts from under the truck. I was wondering if I can tighten these up and fix the problem or if there are more bolts hidden behind the bumper I'm not seeing and therefore cannot reach. The non stop rain here in Vermont isn't helping things much either. Trying to get this fixed before the real cold weather gets here.

Thanks.

2. Oct 3, 2011 at 12:33 PM
    VermonterLost

VermonterLost [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    Castleton, VT
    Vehicle:
    2014 F150
  3. Oct 3, 2011 at 1:44 PM
    DTFtacoma

DTFtacoma Dezert Toy Fabrication Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Santa Maria, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner D-cab
    DTF LT front & rear
    There are 12 nuts holding the aluminum piece on your truck 6 on the frame and 6 holding the three pieces of aluminum together. Grab a 14mm socket and get to work let us know what happens.

Products Discussed in

To Top