1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Nov 28, 2017 at 4:52 PM
    2ndGenJonny

2ndGenJonny Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    I have no doubt a company like Bungie that relies on "gathered data" as a reason for changes has found that after Black Friday, they arent out of the black. The community is full of dissonance about their game and it will fail as a series entirely if they dont act now. No one is watching or making positive content. It is a drastic change over D1. All of this is true.

Im still hopeful, even though everyone around me is just negative AF.

BlueFalconActual likes this.
  2. Nov 28, 2017 at 6:09 PM
    2ndGenJonny

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    Leviathan is a good raid, very unique and fun. I hope the rumors are true about more to be unlocked there in the future.

VoG was good, even better once it got harder and had challenges.

3. Nov 29, 2017 at 5:01 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Lol... Bungie is in severe damage control mode now.

Two Tokens and a Blue Bahahaha "I promised before that this was the most rewarding public event". Seems about par for the course to me.

Livestream cancelled *EDIT* Read the comments

I talk a lot of shit about this game in it's current state and although every bit of it is negative (deservedly so) I really do want this game to succeed. I want to be able to play the game I used to play and love.

I don't hold out a lot of hope though. They would completely have to revamp how weapons and armor are created. I personally won't be happy with the game until they bring back basic "quality of life" items that D1 had. Random rolls on weapons / armor, Faction vendors that actually sell items on a rotating stock each week (NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT FACTION RALLIES), A raid where Prestige Mode gets it's own set of unique armor / weapons and not just a fucking emblem, and maybe some Goddamn transparency from Bungie instead of hiding an XP system that punishes players that play for longer periods of time just to get them to spend real world money on shit from Eververse. Bungie got caught on that one. The only reason they suspended it was because they got caught. Believe me, if they didn't it wouldn't have changed. I "hope" this is a wakeup call to Bungie that your game sucks, you lied to us about the loot, you even got some of the loot system in your live stream (noted in the video above), and you fucked us on the XP system. They know they are bleeding players and very few of us hold out much hope or excitement that much is going to change in the near future (hence the cancellation of the live stream).

My prediction for the blog is "we're listening to the feedback and we're going to change some things in the game" "By the way, check out Eververse and the cool emotes that she has and have fun with the snowball fight." "We know that's what you asked for".

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  4. Nov 29, 2017 at 3:21 PM
    2ndGenJonny

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    BlueFalconActual likes this.
  5. Nov 29, 2017 at 3:57 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Nope... Pretty vague IMO. You might be happy with it but I'm certainly not. "Personally".... I don't see how you could be happy with it.

I appreciate that they are listening but it's too little too late right now. Seems like a lot of changes are coming after the first of the year.

"Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication"

So... I'm kind of curious as to how this is going to work if you already have every exotic in the game??? The only exotic I can get is a duplicate right now?

"The next Iron Banner and Faction Rally will introduce improvements in both these areas"

No one gives a shit about faction rallies. Jesus fucking Christ.. :rolleyes: Just sell us the fucking weapons / armor

"Masterwork Weapons that track your kills?"

Who gives a shit???

"Add weapon stat bonuses that are selected randomly from a small pool and are re-rollable"

• That's a step in the right direction but why not just give us random fucking rolls on weapons instead of a small pool to choose from??? It make no sense whatsoever.

Armor Ornaments

Who gives a flying fuck??? That impacts gameplay in no way shape or form.

[DEC 12]
      Faction Armor and Weapons will be unlocked for purchase for Legendary Shards and Faction Tokens on most Faction Vendor

All five Armor Slots will always be present, and Weapons will rotate weekly on Factions that have them

Slots will be unlocked by claiming Reward Engrams from the respective Faction

You will get credit for engrams you may have already claimed since launch

This... is the most promising thing that they put out... If I'm reading it correctly it means that we will be able to buy items from our faction vendor (like D1's novel idea). How fucking hard was that to implement into the game. Lets just hope that it isn't the same shitty weapons that are already in the game now.

Unless they increase the loot pool and have random rolls on weapons / armor I DON'T GIVE A SHIT. You're still going to be deleting just as many items as you are now and therefore no reason to keep playing since there is nothing new.

I'm glad you're happy with the new system but so far I'm unimpressed.

6. Nov 29, 2017 at 6:02 PM
    Allstar780

Allstar780 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Trail Teams Sport
    3" Lift, 32" Goodyear Duratrac, XD Series Hoss Rims
  7. Nov 29, 2017 at 6:22 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Lol

8. Nov 29, 2017 at 8:19 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    My wife has those things everywhere. I licked one, they are salty, but I think there's Yak fur on them. Expected salty, not fuzzy.

I'm with Britt, their response is pretty cheesy and I had the same reaction to each item. While my daughters might be thrilled about shaders and ornaments, that's not the kind of game and crowd they pulled in with the first one. Those are things people mess with once they have the weapons and armor they want. Form follows function. There's been too much emphasis on how your character looks, not enough focus on functional rewards. That said, what I am reading into things is that they know there are bigger problems and have quite a bit of work to do. There are these minor things they can do quickly, but fixing the overall experience is not a quick fix. I give them 50/50 odds on making it at least as good as D1. Maybe a 10% chance of making it what they claim they want it to be. Glad they have shifted some things around, but it may be too little, too late and folks will move on.

9. Nov 29, 2017 at 9:43 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I'll be the first to admit that I'm the most vocal and negative about this game. And I imagine most people think that I want this game to fail. But that is far from the truth. I spent three years in D1 and although it wasn't always perfect, it was still playable. I never once ran out of things to go after. We, as a clan, always enjoyed running the raids, IB, Trials, etc... and never got bored in D1. I found myself logging in each day to do the daily, bounties, PvP, etc... Not so with D2. Within one month I had everything the game had to offer. That being said, I've always been one to burn through the content to try to get the best items in the game as fast as possible. But even after finishing the end game in D1 there was always something to chase after. Not so in D2. There is absolutely no reason to log in anymore. There is nothing I can possibly get that I don't already have.

The only one's that aren't complaining are the people that haven't finished everything in the game yet. But once they do, they too will be complaining. The bullshit response that they put out today does nothing to make me think anything is going to change for the better anytime soon. Or to put it another way... It does nothing that makes me think that once I finish the expansion that I'll be logging in each day to continue playing and that's a shame.

Bungie was in the unique position of having an extremely solid foundation to build off of with D1. Carry everything that was good over from D1, put it into D2, and build off of that and make the game even better. But they didn't do that. They lied to us and that's the part that I can't wrap my head around when people defend the game. They lied about the loot that we were supposed to get. They changed up the weapon system that didn't need to be changed. Moving snipers into the power weapon slot was one of the dumbest things I've seen out of this game. It's not like sniping is easy. It takes skill to effectively use one but they made snipers completely irrelevant now and most everyone uses a RL which takes almost no skill to use. I'll put it this way... I've never been sniped in PvP in D2. Not once. Not having random rolls is right up there with moving snipers to the power weapon slot. Not being able to build your character the way you would like? Stupid. Sure you can add mods but they do very little compared to the armor swapping you could do in D1. The list is endless at this point.

So call me salty or whatever you like. Whatever adjective you would like to use to describe me is probably accurate. But what I describe about this game is accurate and I can back up each statement and point that I make with the game in it's current state. So yeah, I'm negative as fuck right now with good reason.

10. Nov 29, 2017 at 10:01 PM
    Allstar780

Allstar780 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Trail Teams Sport
    3" Lift, 32" Goodyear Duratrac, XD Series Hoss Rims
    I love raid nights... I loved Kingsfall. I loved Wrath... I do really enjoy Calus. I've done it all except Trials because nobody I play with is any good in PvP...

I guess the big thing for me is that i like to grind it out, get everything i want, and then do raids for the social aspect above all else... I'm a fairly casual gamer and I play PvP when I'm out of things to do because it helps vent my aggression towards the real world.

I love the lore and the community around Destiny, I loved going unbroken in D1 and I love carrying a team of randoms in Supremacy. I love meeting new people from LFG and finding out they also still really enjoy Just Cause 3 on occasion.

I can't be mad at D2 because it isn't as good as D1, because i have fond memories of D1 between launch and TTK when the game just wasn't that great, and then TTK came out and the game was soooo good. I also know that D2 is still a better game (without comparing to D1) than a lot of other overhyped games.

Do i want more? Absolutely! Did bungie learn from D1 how not to launch a game? Hell no! Am i excited for Curse of Osiris? Mostly because of lore and new raid, but yes.

RearViewMirror likes this.
  11. Nov 30, 2017 at 5:06 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I agree with almost everything you said. I'm with you on raid nights (even now). The Leviathan raid is a very well thought out raid (except for dogs since it's so boring). And I'm not upset that they are reusing the Leviathan for the next part of the raid. A buddy and I went into the raid by ourselves to pick up chests a month or so ago before we lost our keys and just did some exploring and the ship is massive. We knew then, before they even announced it, that they are still not done with The Leviathan. The mechanics of the raid are really good and well thought out so I give credit where credit is due. And I agree that with TTK in D1 is when the game really started to hit it's stride. Honestly, the low part of D1 "to me" wasn't the launch it was PoE. PoE was just repetitive and boring. VOG was / is still my favorite raid and with the exception of Crota, I think every raid that they've come out with has been good.

Finding a reason to log in and play D2 though has been extremely hard. None of us want to play it daily. We just have on reason too. Whereas we would schedule, at the very least, three raid nights a week now we only schedule one. Hell... we schedule more raids in D1 right now than D2 because the game was just so much better. There are so many things wrong with D2 that I "personally" don't think it will ever match up to D1 and D1 wasn't the best game out there. It was playing with your friends that made it great. But when the vast majority of your friends don't want to play that says something about the game.

As far as D2 being better than other overhyped games I suppose that's subjective. We've moved on to Battlefront 2 for the MP. And yes, EA just got there ass handed to them with the lootbox situation as they should have. But the MP is still a lot of fun. And we have some that play Overwatch. And though I never could "personally" get into Overwatch, it's a Blizzard game so I'm sure it's good. Until they give us a reason to log back into D2 I doubt many of us will play it very long after the expansion which is a shame. Unless they pull something out of their ass really fast I don't see it being the go to game anymore for any of us. We'll still schedule raids at least once a week but other than that I just don't see it being something we do each day. They have a very long way to go to make that happen.

12. Nov 30, 2017 at 5:34 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
  13. Nov 30, 2017 at 6:01 AM
    2ndGenJonny

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-bungie-podcast/id260716482?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo=4

Thats the iTunes link, youll have to google for the android. It will just pull up a play button for you.

Not really going to take anymore time to read and/or write negativity. For the record, I feel 3rd gen owners still bitch more than D2 players. But they have a 30k investment vs 50$ to bitch about.

So if anyone wants to be positive and have a nice conversation about the podcast, id be happy to discuss.

dtaco06 likes this.
  14. Nov 30, 2017 at 6:15 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    You'll have to put me on ignore then lol ;)

15. Nov 30, 2017 at 6:31 AM
    2ndGenJonny

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yea, or maybe go buy a 3rd gen and go into that shit show here on TW.

dtaco06 likes this.
  16. Nov 30, 2017 at 6:37 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    :thumbsup:

17. Nov 30, 2017 at 6:52 AM
    SRQ_TACO16

SRQ_TACO16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Sarasota, FL
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma
    3rd gen SR5 wheels
    Just happened to come across this thread, I picked up Destiny when it first came out was addicted played a bunch then got pissed at how much grinding I had to do to actually play what I wanted to, of course I hardly understood the game at all. Then my friends quit playing so I quit a little while ago picked it back up and got addicted again.

Since Destiny 2 was so cheap for black Friday I had to pick it up. Overall the game feels easier and faster to completion, but I do still enjoy it. Been done with the campaign since Sunday just doing raids and public events. Got to the point where I could try the first strike, but I have nobody to do it with. Only light level 240, but if anybody plays on PS4 I'd be down! PSN is GHST8220.

I do feel the game getting repetitive, and the shader system pisses me off since I don't want to use any of the cool ones till I actually end up with a steady armor set or weapons. Still having fun with the game, but I haven't really done everything yet either.

18. Dec 1, 2017 at 11:43 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    As far as the strikes go it will matchmake you with others so you don't need any friends to do strikes. The only thing you really need others that you know is doing the NF & the Raid (which at 240 you're to low level to do either). You can add me Craig_Christ_420 if you need any help. I certainly don't mind helping others. Once you get up to a higher level we can run you through the NF & Raid. Just be aware that neither are easy with the mechanics they have in place. That is the one positive thing that I can say about D2 is the mechanics are top notch for the NF's and the Leviathan Raid.

If you send a friend request please let me know that you're from TW. I usually don't accept random friend requests.

dtaco06 likes this.
  19. Dec 1, 2017 at 11:53 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I only log on once a week right now unless someone sends me an invite and needs help with something. But I have to receive an invite otherwise I'm not logging in by myself. I'll be playing something else. But if you see me on and you need help please don't hesitate to send an invite and I'll log over right away. As much shit as I talk about this game I'll never mind logging in to help anyone out that wishes to do end game content. That is what has always made the game fun to me. Playing with your friends. We still play D2 once a week just so we can play together. Even though we have everything the game has to offer at this point it's still fun playing with your friends. Like I said before... We still do at least two of the raids from D1 each week just for fun.

dtaco06[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Dec 1, 2017 at 11:53 AM
    SRQ_TACO16

SRQ_TACO16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Sarasota, FL
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma
    3rd gen SR5 wheels
    Awesome, I'll send you a request tonight! I'll have to see what it was I tried all I know is it only sent me in by myself didn't match make and was ridiculously hard so I quit. I have done the other ones myself with no issue... It also had a timer, I do know that.

To Top