1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Feb 10, 2018 at 10:01 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I can honestly say that this is the first time I've completed every single thing there was to do in the game for the entire week.

Prestige Raid, Prestige NF, Raid Lair, all Crucible, and Flawless Trials on the Hunter and WL

[​IMG]

2. Feb 23, 2018 at 11:25 AM
    capetaco12

capetaco12 .<>./

Member:
    Cleveland Ledge, MA
    Vehicle:
    Sold: 33's,armor,crawler,dents, ect. 2020 Gladiator
    OME lift CBI sliders, front bumper homemade rear bumper 33x12.50 m/t Gears Aussie locker inchworm crawlbox Homemade flat belly
    Hmmm just started playing last month. Is there any easy way to do trials of 9, leviathan, raids without trying to join some group? I play at erratic times and would prefer matchmaking style not having to track join and join a clan.

3. Feb 23, 2018 at 11:29 AM
    2ndGenJonny

2ndGenJonny Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    LFG for raids but I would not bother with LFG for trials.

4. Feb 23, 2018 at 11:53 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    LFG for a raid is hit or miss. Sometimes you get into a decent group that is willing to help out but more often than not they are dicks that expect you to know what you are supposed to be doing at each encounter. So LFG for a PvE portion is problematic at best.

As far as trials goes... Since they have changed up the LFG tool to look more like the100.io I've had really good luck with trials and LFG. There is a caveat to the method I use. When you bring up Destiny LFG it will bring a drop down menu of what you would like to do. The way I do it is pick Trials. Once you do that it will bring up two check boxes. One for beginner and one for Sherpa. Assuming you are any good at PvP ALWAYS pick Sherpa because no one is going to pick you from a beginner. What "usually" happens is you get grouped with a group of players that have also picked Sherpa. Play a few games with them and see how you gel together. If you find a group that you can play with and you gel then you will get it done. I've been flawless 5 times so far using this method as it seems not many in our clan are interested in trials.

But my biggest advice is JOIN A CLAN. Matchmaking is never going to happen in Raid, NF's, or Trials. So even if your playstyle is erratic it doesn't matter. You will reap the benefits of joining a clan.

5. Mar 5, 2018 at 10:41 AM
    Taco_4x4_Guy_

Taco_4x4_Guy_ Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma DC TRD Off Road Premium
    3" Toytech Lift, Toyota Billstein Shocks, TRD Pro Grill, 18" Fuel Rims with 285 65 R18 Cooper Discovery SST Tires.
    I was a huge fan of D1, still play it to this day. D2 though..... I just can't get with it. I hate the static gun perks. It completely changed the way the game plays. I also miss the bounties. Wish they would come up with something better / update the weekly milestones to make them more interesting. Activision completely ruined this game in my opinion. It caters to the PvP side of things. I wish bungie hadn't let it fall into the hands of Activision. I knew what was happening right when I saw micro transactions show up in D1. Hopefully one day D2 will get better. The updates coming up the next few months look promising but not enough for me to pick the game back up again.

6. Mar 5, 2018 at 11:04 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I agree with you 100%

I've been (probably) the most vocal opponent of D2 since it launched. Before the Curse of Osiris came out there was absolutely no reason to play. Since there are no random rolls on any armor / weapon pieces there's nothing to play for. After a month of playing I was out of shit to do in the game. Once the expansion came out it got better. There was, at least, the carrot on a stick for me to go after. I really like the new raid lair and it took me quite a while to finish up everything the expansion had to offer. But now I'm back to where I was. There is literally nothing that I can get out of the game that I don't already have with the exception of the flawless class item from trials on my WL which I'll get this weekend. I "kind of" like the new NF strike scoring but I don't like the reason it was implemented. So many vocal players hated the time limit on the NF's so they did away with it. If you suck so bad that you can't finish the prestige NF in the time limit then don't play it. Simple as that. This shouldn't be one of those games where everyone gets a trophy just for playing. There is a place for casual players and hard core players can play in the same space. But if you're a casual, don't expect the same rewards as the hard core players.

The microtransactions don't bother me since I don't buy anything from Eververse. But it's a slippery slope when it comes to microtransactions in any game. Once they put in strike specific loot I hope that will be something worth going after. But right now, other than playing Trials, I don't log in much unless it's to help others get through end game content.

7. Mar 5, 2018 at 11:10 AM
    Taco_4x4_Guy_

Taco_4x4_Guy_ Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    3" Toytech Lift, Toyota Billstein Shocks, TRD Pro Grill, 18" Fuel Rims with 285 65 R18 Cooper Discovery SST Tires.
    I couldn't agree with you more. There is no "end game" to this. The great thing about D1 was after you had already done everything, you could still spend time grinding for that god roll grasp of mallok or trying to get that 5-5-3 class load out. Their biggest mistake was making guns / armor static. If they would change that I would play the game in a heartbeat.

8. Mar 5, 2018 at 11:11 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    EXACTLY!

9. Mar 5, 2018 at 11:13 AM
    Taco_4x4_Guy_

Taco_4x4_Guy_ Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    But sadly, it will never happen. If we ever get a D3 hopefully bungie will be back in the drivers seat and fix all of this nonsense. I don't have high hopes though.

10. Mar 5, 2018 at 2:04 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I'm not really sure what's in store for D2 right now. We'll have D2 for at the very least 3 years just like D1.

As I've mentioned many times before in this thread we can all agree that D1 got off to a very rough start. It wasn't nearly what they promised us. It took all the way until The Taken King before D1 finally hit its stride and started becoming the game we loved. That said... even through the rough times including The House of Wolves expansion there was always something to do in the game. There was never a reason to not log in just because there was always something out there that I wanted to get my hands on and I never minded the grind. In fact... the grind is what keeps me in a game. That said, I come from a very long line of MMO's where grinding was 90% of the game. I'd see someone with something in game that I wanted and I'd figure out how to get it.

That brings me to the dumbed down version of Destiny that we have now. D2 was created with casuals in mind but they left the hard core players with nothing to grind for. What I mean is, in the earliest vanilla D1 I was stuck at 29 1/2 and wanted to be 30. The only way to do that at the time was to complete VoG HM. So I left my clan that I was in and created my own clan (that we still have now). So I set a goal that I wanted to achieve in game and completed it. Most casual players would have never done that and been content to stay at 29 1/2 but I wasn't. I wanted the Mythoclast, Fatebringer, a full set of VoG armor etc. But even after that (like you said) there was still a reason to play VoG because then you were chasing the God Roll tier armor that fit your playstyle since it came with RANDOM FUCKING ROLLS. Why Bungie felt the need to take random rolls out of the game is beyond me? It is by far the dumbest decision that they have ever come up with.

I do blame Activision with part of what we got in D2. I would have been completely content if they pushed back D2 until Sept. of this year if we would have gotten a better game. As long as D1 was still supported during that time it would have been fine. But Activision had Bungie by the balls and threatened their stock options if the game didn't release on time so this is what we got. A game that caters to casuals but fucks the hard core players. When a casual player can reach 335 and have (pretty much) the same items that I worked so hard for without ever stepping foot into ANY end game activity then fuck that. Call me an elitist if you like because that's exactly what I am. When I go Flawless in Trials my clan members shouldn't have access to the weapons because "I" went Flawless but yet they get to reap the rewards without ever stepping foot into Trials? Fuck that. And it works the other way around also. If I choose to not play Trials one weekend because I've already got the armor pieces that they are giving out that week then if someone in our clan goes Flawless "I" shouldn't be able to reap any kind of reward since I didn't play that activity that weekend.

Faction Rallies? The second worst decision that Bungie made with this game this side of doing away with random rolls. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT FACTION RALLIES!!! We want to be able to choose a Faction and have it rotate it's stock just like D1 each week. We want to be able to buy anything we want from our Faction anytime we want without waiting for a rally to come along. The ONLY reason New Monarchy has won the last two Faction Rallies is because their armor looks the best. That's it. Very seldom in D1 did anyone pledge New Monarchy because their weapons were consistently shit compared to DO or FWC.

So when I say that I have nothing to work for in game now this is what I mean.

I have a vault full of every weapon that is worth anything in the game (along with a lot of 330 trash in case I need to infuse something in the future). I constantly delete bullshit that I've gotten 1000's of times before since it is basically vendor trash. I've got a set of armor on each character set up for the raid, void set, solar set, arc set, and a Trials set, set up with reload and counterbalance mods. I keep the same loadouts on each character so there is no need for me to even use Destiny Item Manager since I've got an equal set on each character for whatever activity I may be doing at any given time. So I'm stuck once again until May when the next expansion drops.

Oh... and just a random thought before I forget... Moving snipers to the Power weapon slot was fucking stupid. It takes skill to use a sniper but they have basically made sniping irrelevant in D2. PvE and PvP. Sniping takes skill and was something that I worked very hard on in D1 and got extremely good at. But now... why even bother picking one up when you can just grab a RL or use The Colony in PvP since they take little to no skill to use? Let me put it this way... The only PvP I play is Trials and that's it. I've never been sniped once in PvP in D2. Not once.

I do believe that D2 will become a better game but I hold out no hope that it will be what D1 ever was. You look at all the major streamer's that have moved away from Destiny. Datto, BadAssGaming, mynameisByf, etc... Though they still put out some Destiny content, most have moved on to games like Fortnite, and Monster Hunter World. So... I dunno? What I do know is I will never have great expectations for any game that is released in the future. The hype is always greater than the game itself.

11. Mar 5, 2018 at 2:25 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    When I was talking about moving snipers to the Power Weapon slot this is what I mean. It takes skill to use one and not everyone can use a sniper. This is a video of us playing Trials in D1 against 3 Flawless players. And although it is messy (and actually funny to watch than more than anything) it created some of the best times in a game that I had in a long time. We pulled it off but it wasn't pretty.

And then us just playing Iron Banner

We made Oryx and Aksis our bitch

12. Mar 5, 2018 at 2:44 PM
    Taco_4x4_Guy_

Taco_4x4_Guy_ Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    Yea I agree with you 100%. Activision pushed bungie out and ruined a perfectly good game and the possibility of a perfectly good game series. Ugh..... oh well I guess. Ive been stuck on PUBG lately. Completely different game but still fun to try to be the last man / team standing. And those are some rad vids man. Never got the touch of malice though. Actually now that I'm thinking about it.. Oryx is the only raid I never completed.

13. Mar 5, 2018 at 2:51 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    VoG and TTK were my favorite raids by far. Wrath of the Machine was pretty good also. But VoG still holds a special place in my heart since I ran it more than 150 times. Only took me until run #52 to get the Fatebringer lol. TTK was probably the "best" raid (I realize that is subjective) since it was a very long raid and the challenge modes were pretty damn awesome.

14. Mar 6, 2018 at 11:26 AM
    2ndGenJonny

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    Got my 1st flawless with a stacked as fuck team. I actually did really well for this week.

Im getting better at this game. Holding a 1.76 KD/a

Screenshot_20180306-122130~01.jpg

Not bad on the week at all, didnt even run nightstalker. We had 3 matches quit before they started.

Taco_4x4_Guy_ likes this.
  15. Mar 6, 2018 at 1:45 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    All I play is Trials

[​IMG]

16. Mar 6, 2018 at 1:48 PM
    2ndGenJonny

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    I will say that the trials pulse paired with the antiope is disgusting. Its only going to get better after this month for pulses as well.

This thing is clever dragon good

Screenshot_20180306-144813.jpg

17. Mar 6, 2018 at 1:52 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I completely agree. That's the same setup I run. Going to run Trials this weekend and I'll get my Flawless class item for my WL and I'm finished with Trials. I've got every weapon, Flawless armor piece, and ornament. Just lacking the Flawless class item on the WL.

18. Mar 6, 2018 at 1:56 PM
    2ndGenJonny

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    I didnt get the new scout, I have had everything else weapon wise.

19. Mar 6, 2018 at 2:02 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    The Purpose? It's a good Scout Rifle

[​IMG]

20. Mar 6, 2018 at 2:36 PM
    2ndGenJonny

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    Yea, purpose or even the end. The only 2 i havent had drop.

Whatcha think of last breath?

To Top