1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Apr 18, 2018 at 6:05 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    I remember that grenade when the redit info came out about eververse and the throttling move they did. My problem is because of me only experiencing the D1 issues and didn't stick around for the glory of what D1 became along with my friends, I have little patience for Bungie anymore. I do hope they can fix things and start to develop some trust as TBH D is a fun game to play as its rare to find a game now a days that can create such a consistent calling of players. My friends now a days are scattered playing all sorts of games which isn't a bad thing, but I miss the reset days of where everyone on Tuesday was eager to get shit done after work.

Haha funny you bring up the lack of work for D2 as since my schedule was a little off from others, I always missed out on getting to do end game content and would always score on the rewards thanks to being in a clan. That said, I totally agree that D2 should NEVER have gone the route where you can reap the rewards by association. As shit of a launch as the dark below was, it was always nice to help out someone and see them get a drop they needed. For D1 although I never got the coveted fatebringer, I always played vault, Crota, and the other stuff. With D2 I have yet to even start a raid with anyone and would only do nightballz and the weekly challenges, I think what killed D2 so fast is you didn't have to earn it like you said. As much as it was lazy and simple to just do the PEs to get a high power drop, I really think the end game content should be the only way to earn solid armor...being in the raids always made you a better gamer anyway instead of just taking the easy way out. I will give D1 that, you were PROUD of your crota gear and stuff cause you knew you had to grind that shit out to some extent.

2. Apr 18, 2018 at 6:16 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I've nothing to add to what you just said. You just nailed it. :thumbsup:

*EDIT* Actually I do have one thing to add. You bring up the Fatebringer. It took me 52 runs through VoG before I finally got one to drop lol. That's how diligent I am if you give me something to grind for.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Coot83[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Apr 18, 2018 at 6:17 AM
    drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 SW DCSB
    I picked it up again after a couple months. I haven't even bothered with finishing the story line, guess I need to. I've been mainly going in and running around shooting at things PVE.

I did the grind like a fiend on D1, but this one just doesn't grab me the way that the original did. Not too big on PVP so that definitely limits me too.

Coot83 likes this.
  4. Apr 18, 2018 at 6:27 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Yea all things considered so far from my input on this...I still cant really pinpoint why this formula that D2 uses in the game structure just doesn't entice me either. Maybe its the generalization of weapons and armor where for the most part its just an aesthetic concern to me vs the functional kick ass potential that D1 armor seemed to have?

5. Apr 18, 2018 at 6:32 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    The story is really kind of a "throwaway" story. They did away with grimoire (which is what I used to gauge how long someone had been playing) and brought in this "story" and in the end it didn't matter. You kill Gaul, or the Traveler does (sorry to spoil it but I figure you knew how it would play out) and nothing else is said about the story mission. The problem right now is, there is very little to grind for. I do like the new NF strike specific rewards but what that tells me is I'm desperate enough to grind for a stupid sparrow, ghost, hand cannon, or sniper rifle by running the NF until I'm able to get them. In D1 I would grind just for the perfect "god roll" weapon or armor piece but that isn't available in D2.

I will give Bungie credit on the Raids. The Leviathan and the Lair are well designed raids and I really do like the mechanics of those raids. Bungie has almost always excelled at creating good raids (with the exception of Crota. I hate that raid).

drjenkins[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Apr 18, 2018 at 6:41 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    Haha I remember how annoying Crota was...I think it was the cheese raid for a reason. Like I said, I never played the raids, but my friends said the armor and stuff from the first leviathan raid was nothing that great outside of the raid itself. Wasn't sure if that was entirely true or if the armor does indeed have some useability outside of the raid? I think most guys wore whatever they liked in D2 vs in D1 it seemed everyone rocked raid stuff the second they could for functionality as well as pride.

7. Apr 18, 2018 at 6:59 AM
    drjenkins

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 SW DCSB
    Yeah, I pretty much assumed that's what happens with Gaul. I hate that some of the events and locations aren't unlocked until story completion since I'm just not motivated to finish it out. I've got everything but Mercury and the tower unlocked, so I just go through and run Patrol. That's what I did 95% of my time on D1. Just pop on and ruin the aliens day and jump off whenever I needed. Never failed that my little one or my wife would need me for something when I was playing. Also why I never did the raids or strikes, just not enough time or concentration for it. Love watching a well equipped team run them though, always like seeing the new environments.

Do wish they'd bring sparrow racing back though. I had a good time with that and could do a couple races in a short amount of time.

Coot83 likes this.
  8. Apr 18, 2018 at 7:01 AM
    drjenkins

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 SW DCSB
    Now I will say that I got the Skyburners Oath, and I love that thing. Closest I've gotten to feeling that D1 vibe.

9. Apr 18, 2018 at 7:07 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    When the raid first came out it didn't matter what armor you used inside the raid. You, of course, got raid specific armor and weapons and honestly the armor looks really nice. Then the prestige version of the raid came out and you know what you got??? A fucking emblem, a halo around your head, and a different shader for the raid armor. That's it. You actually got the exact same weapons as normal mode with the same perks and a different shader for the same normal mode armor. Don't get me wrong... Prestige mode is a lot of fun but you should be rewarded for your effort if your willing to put in the time and effort to complete it.

Once the Lair came out you got another set of armor and, as best as I can tell, only two different weapons so far. But again... it really didn't matter what armor you wore in the Lair. Then they finally released an update that gave you raid specific mods to put on your raid armor that gave you certain perks for each piece of armor and THAT was a really good move IMO.

I agree with Crota. When the raid came out I soloed it because you could "cheese" your way through almost the entire raid and only really have to fight Crota himself. Once HM came out it was basically a 6 person strike that you could finish in less than 30 mins. But that said... The loot! Remember the Black Hammer before the nerf? Jesus Christ that was an awesome sniper rifle.

10. Apr 18, 2018 at 7:14 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Exactly what you describe is exactly what I mean by casual players and hard core players can play in the same game and still have fun. My daughter loves sparrow racing and she still pops in D1 on her PS4 and will just race the tracks by herself lol.

You know? I thought the Skyburners Oath was a shit weapon the few times I used it. Then I was playing crucible one day and this dude was wearing me out with it lol. I was playing with my friends at the time and I never remember EVER getting killed by that weapon. Maybe it's just that good and I need to recheck it out or maybe he was just a god with it? Either way... he kicked my ass every time I came up against him lol.

drjenkins[QUOTED] and Coot83 like this.
  11. Apr 18, 2018 at 7:38 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    Yea that is true I did get that vibe as well. A unique looking weapon.

12. Apr 18, 2018 at 7:39 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    One positive thing that Bungie did during the last update (the "go fast" update) is they buffed pulse rifles and snipers.

Now instead of relying on just a RL for strikes or the NF I use either this:

[​IMG]

Or this:

[​IMG]

Linear Fusion Rifles are the shit for clearing shielded enemies.

drjenkins likes this.
  13. Apr 18, 2018 at 7:43 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    Wow man that is some bull for the prestige mode to just offer a cosmetic item like a shader. I think its crap like that that continually kills me with bungie. Lets not give shit that is worth anything for guys who grind out thinking the average gamer just cares about free loot box accessories. That's sad that there are only two weapons??? I mean the cool thing about crota is there was a decent mix of stuff to obtain. I would say that again is what created so much longevity for folks and reasons to get multiples.

Yea man the BH was a mofo when used right. Half the time I screwed up my shots so it wasn't the best option for me, but I tend to go out in a blaze of glory a lot in D anyway. That was the best kept secret at the time before they realized how OP that gun really was.

14. Apr 18, 2018 at 7:45 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    I had a similar situation from a dude in PVP doing the same thing. Its unique cause I don't think its really on anyone's radar and I think it excels in very certain situations.

15. Apr 18, 2018 at 7:47 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yeah, it surprised the hell out of me when it came up the first time what killed me. Then he continued to kill me with it throughout the game lol. I know it is really good in certain PvE situations because it will shoot through Cabal shields but other than that... I thought it was a one trick pony.

drjenkins and Coot83[QUOTED] like this.
  16. Apr 18, 2018 at 7:57 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    Yea very true as that is what I used it for...and honestly still believe its a one trick.

17. Apr 18, 2018 at 7:58 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I haven't been killed in crucible with it since but I hope I don't run up against him again lol.

18. Apr 18, 2018 at 8:00 AM
    drjenkins

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 SW DCSB
    It has a tiny learning curve or mental break in period. Once I spent some time and got the hang of it, I use it all the time now. Does great against Cabal, but you can one shot a lot of different enemies with it. Fallen can be picked off pretty easily.

19. Apr 18, 2018 at 8:03 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I think during the first NF with the new update I ran it to see if it would help clear adds easier. That was the first time I used it in a long time. It did a good job but I ended up using something else in the end. It doesn't "look" like it should have the range it does but it shoots pretty damn far and has some pretty good impact obviously.

Coot83 and drjenkins[QUOTED] like this.
  20. Apr 18, 2018 at 8:34 AM
    drjenkins

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 SW DCSB
    Yeah its got that grenade launcher vibe about it, but it'll sling some bullets.

To Top