1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Sep 30, 2018 at 8:28 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I love Gambit since we have a really good strat for it. I feed kills for my team and invade at 25, 50, and 75. I run Sleeper (Yeah... I'm that guy) and golden gun so I can wipe the entire other team. The Bygones is one of the best pulse rifles in the game right now and I've got the god roll on it so it is perfect for PvP.

def67 and dtaco06 like this.
  2. Sep 30, 2018 at 8:32 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I never run Gambit with randoms. That is an exercise in frustration. You have to have a plan and a good strat. I always throw away the bounty for blockers. You don't get anything for it except for a small amount of infamy.

3. Sep 30, 2018 at 8:33 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    We play all night? I play all day and night lol.

4. Sep 30, 2018 at 8:38 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yeah... we need one more. Fuck this RL shit lol.

5. Sep 30, 2018 at 11:56 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Lol.... you should have joined. The very first match we got the Malfeasance boss and killed him for the quest. Told you I'm going to get all the weapons ;)

dtaco06[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Sep 30, 2018 at 12:25 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I got lucky with that first golden gun shot on the invis hunter. That boss is no joke either.

dtaco06[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Oct 1, 2018 at 5:37 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    I agree man, D2 almost died cause of trying to please all the casual folks. Its always nice knowing that there is that one challenge/challenges that keep you on your toes and know that entering that sucker there are no gaurantees. To me that is sort of like how the rat king was although depending on the nightfall it could be easily done. We ended up doing ours on that vex one where you take on the big guy after falling down a few platforms. I apologize as I don't remember the name of the strike, but the night fall had a mechanic where every add that you killed gave you back 7 seconds. Anyway, we got down to 4:51 and just before the boss went down we took out two adds just cause of survival. Time ended right on the dot of 5:00 which damn if that didn't make me feel proud to know that we cut it that close, yet still bagged the achievement. I know for the more hardcore players, this is a jack shit mission to accomplish, but things like that where you know things may not happen...yea man all the more while when you deliver. We totally expected to try again when that happened as we saved our asses in a total of 2 seconds.

I hope that in the future that D can continue entertain rewarding the challenging stuff for the guys who really want to persue it. That to me, is what makes trials what it is...guys either have the ability/team or they have to develop it. No easy short cuts and it takes tactics, teamwork, and some raw ability to make it to the gold chest. I say this crap never gone flawless, but I can respect the game for it should I ever get the time and energy to accomplish that.

To this day, D will always have some respect from me regardless how much it has pissed me off cause no other game has made me want to jump out of my circle and branch to others. I feel few other console games can develop this sort of collaboration for a solid goal for everyone. I think during the D1 days it made it that much harder to let go as the memories of rounding up the boys and learning each others schedules just to accomplish something in D was pretty special.

8. Oct 1, 2018 at 6:56 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    You summed it up nicely. I agree with everything you said.

I remember running the Rat King quest when the NF was the Arms Dealer and like you said you had to have 5 mins left on the clock. When we finished it we felt like we had done something. Too bad the Rat King is kind of meh. It was fun to play around with but it was a niche weapon. But I'm a collectionist so I want everything in the game even if it sucks. The strike you ran was The Inverted Spire and I really like that strike. In fact that was the strike that was in the D2 beta.

The new raid is well thought out and designed. Bungie has been pretty good at creating raids that are challenging with really good mechanics. The Spire and Crota were the only raids that I didn't like. Crota was just too short and easy and The Spire, although a very technical raid mechanically, felt like they just cheaped out and tried to make it "feel" longer than it seemed. The Last Wish raid is pretty epic and reminds me of TTK in many ways just because of its complexity.

Gambit is a blast to play and is one of the cooler game modes they have come up with since it's a hybrid of PvE and PvP. I love PvP so I've become the designated invader of our team and our strat just works (most of the time lol). Quest like the Malfeasance locked inside of Gambit make it even better. If you watched the video I posted everything was cool and I was just watching the other teams boss bar to see how far they were into burning their boss down before I invaded since when you invade and get kills it heals their boss. I went over and got a pretty lucky Golden Gun shot on that invis hunter then wiped 3 of them and healed their boss 38%. When I got back on our side I figured out we got the boss that drops the Malfeasance quest. Then it was like "OH SHIT!!!" and it kind of freaked me out since that boss is RNG based and you can play for hours and never see it. I pulled up my shotgun twice at a distance because I forgot that I didn't equip my scout rifle during that round. Made me feel stupid and wasted a few secs of dps but we got it done.

PvP has always been the saving grace of Destiny to me. Even during year 1 of D2 it gave me a reason to log it and play because each match is dynamic unlike PvE where it never changes. We've got a really good team for PvP and we "usually" go in and destroy. But as good as you think you are, you will always match up against another team that will mop the floor with you every once in a while. That's why I like Trials so much. Sometimes we just burn through all the matches and other times we have a hard time making it out of the first round lol. But it's a high stakes game and I like that.

With Forsaken Bungie has redeemed itself in the best way possible. There are so many secrets hidden in the game now for us to find out. Destiny has never been in this place before (even during the heyday of D1). It is now in that rare place that I can't wait to log in because there is something for me to do every time I login. As long as they don't let the casual players fuck it up it will remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  9. Oct 1, 2018 at 2:49 PM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Hot damn man as usual you deliver on all perspective. It really is cool as I didn’t grasp till just now how much D has improved. To reach a new level and actually expand enoughto have secrets is def new territory for destiny. It would be cool if they would continue to add a nugget here or there just to continue to keep the community on their toes. Nothing is better than always guessing where the next secret might be. So how are you able to play all day? Dammit man I need that life!

10. Oct 1, 2018 at 3:03 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I retired from the FD last year at 47 with my full pension. So I make more money now that I'm off the job than I did when I was on the job. The FD pays very well so you can imagine that it's pretty nice to be able to do what I want when I want and make more money by not showing up to work lol.

There are so many things in Destiny that haven't even been uncovered yet and more secrets to be found. The Dreaming City runs on a three week cycle so it's ever changing each time you log in with more things to uncover. I honestly don't know how they did it? It's not even remotely close to what the game was in year one. It is a completely different game and the vast majority of people are loving it. There really isn't anything to complain about now. I know Bungie partnered up with a couple of outside game developers and they delivered a great gaming experience. Now is the time to jump back in.

Underdog89 likes this.
  11. Oct 6, 2018 at 4:33 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Sitting at 593 and I've run out of materials to level up. Don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining. I'm actually happy to be in this situation since it means that I'm getting drops that are much higher power level (still want to say light level :rolleyes: ) but I don't have the mats to infuse them.

Reset my rank in Gambit today and got the Trust hand cannon already masterworked with range. I'm not a hand cannon fan but Goddamn this is one smooth hand cannon. No recoil at all and it will 3 tap map people. Still working on the Malfeasance quest. I've been feeding kills to our group so we can get the Primeval up as quickly as possible all while still invading at 25, 50, & 75. Once our Primeval comes up we wait until the first invasion and burn him down then go in for melting point and 2 blade barrage hunters burn him down in about 3 secs. I know the other team has to be thinking "what in the holy fuck?!?!?!!!!!!" lol. But now I need to start working on banking motes so my invasions will stop for a while which sucks because I love invading. But I need the motes banked to continue the quest. Oh well...

Finally made our first attempt at the raid last night and got to the final boss. I have to say that this is one epic raid. The boss encounters are well thought out and a lot of fun. Never once did we get frustrated at any point because it's just a lot of fun. Bungie went back to a more Oryx type of raid encounter where it is linear and the puzzles are a lot of fun to figure out. Made it to Riven and got her down to about 30% but we still have 2 clan members that are around 560 so it was a little harder for them to stay alive. Add to that we were doing it blind so we were learning the mechanics as we went.

So all in all Bungie... You did a great job on this expansion. You fucked up year 1 badly but you have more than redeemed yourself in year 2. Well done :bowdown:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Coot83, Underdog89 and dtaco06 like this.
  12. Oct 8, 2018 at 7:45 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Malfeasance quest is done. The hardest part was banking motes to me. The last was easy since I got to invade. You have to get 25 guardian kills and 4 guardian kills in a single invasion. Got that part done in one try lol. I know they were pissed.

26 guardian kills in a single match and I wiped the team 3 times during 3 different invasions lol. Also healed their primeval 101%. And that was all with one of our guys losing 68 motes. How the fuck do you lose 68 motes????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coot83, Underdog89 and Skootter14 like this.
  13. Oct 8, 2018 at 7:59 PM
    Toyoman65

Toyoman65 Toyoman65

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2013 trd sport 4x4 sb
    Damn I have to play with you guys . Need to level up .

14. Oct 8, 2018 at 8:01 PM
    Skootter14

Skootter14 Upon my signal, unleash Hell

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport 4D LB 4x4 Metallic Grey
    "a lot of stupid stuff" -Wife
    I just started again after being out of the loop for about 3 weeks. Working on the Mercury expansion with light of Osiris or something like that.

23/275

15. Oct 8, 2018 at 8:06 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    We've got a hell of a system. I feed kills and do all the invasions. That's why it took so long for me to get the banked motes part of the quest done. If you died with any it would set you back double. So if you had 10 on you it would set you back 20 if you died with them. The rest of the quest is easy other than getting the right boss to spawn and kill it in time to even get the quest.

16. Oct 9, 2018 at 4:21 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    Those are some pretty crisp stats brother!

17. Oct 9, 2018 at 5:29 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    There's no way we should have won. They played a better game than we did actually. I just kept invading each time the portal was up. One of our guys losing 68 motes and another losing 30 should have been the end for us.

Coot83[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Oct 9, 2018 at 5:31 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    Haha there is carrying the team, and then flat out refusing to lose! I agree man damn that dude needs to get good. Shit man I might look into a used PS4. After witnessing so much asskicking...maybe it’s time I join the party.

19. Oct 9, 2018 at 5:33 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I wish you would :thumbsup:

Coot83[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Oct 9, 2018 at 5:35 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    Might have to happen man. I know I have talked mad bull in this thread...but might have to commit! That said though, will be an epic grind to start D2 from the beginning...like ho-lee-chit!

To Top