1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Oct 20, 2018 at 8:42 AM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    Wasn't I bitching about not ever using hand cannons. Of course I get the raid hand cannon. O well. Dragonfly and outlaw is pretty good roll I think. Screenshot_20181020-094003_The Vault.jpg

2. Oct 21, 2018 at 5:48 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yeah man. I hear ya. When we first attempted it we were all around 550-560. We got it done but had to two phase her. Took us quite a few times to get adjusted to the mechanics of that fight and finding our respective plates to stand on. Then not get killed by the bombs on those plates all while killing the taken coming at you teleporting all over the place. We got it done then moved on to Shuro Chi and called it. We were just too underpowered at the time and Shuro Chi is a hectic fight to say the least (but probably one of my favorite fights).

The Vault leaves no room for error. If you drop the key or get killed with the key there is no second chance. The people on the outside have to get the knights down quick or it's a wipe. All while remembering which key you have, where it goes, and which way to run once you have the key. Not to mention standing on the plates giving the callouts. It's a really cool encounter though.

Is that the curated roll? Outlaw and Dragonfly is the curated roll but one way to find out if it is, look and see if it came masterworked to level 10. If so you got the god roll hand cannon from the raid. Grats! Sucks in PvP but is awesome in PvE.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  3. Oct 21, 2018 at 6:05 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    The hardest part of my Claymore / Broadsword quest is over. Finished it yesterday.

So my week consisted of:

Defeated 200 opponents in Crucible with a pulse rifle

Reached Valor Rank Heroic (easy btw)

Earn 75 double plays in Crucible (a little time consuming)

Earn 150 precision final blows in Crucible with a pulse rifle (more time consuming)

Earn 50 Arc, 50 solar, and 50 void final blows in Crucible (even more time consuming)

Complete 25 rumble matches, 25 quickplay matches, and 25 competitive matches in crucible (75 matches yesterday alone which is very time consuming)

So that's where I'm at. The hard part is done. Where I screwed up was not holding on to my Crucible bounties. You have to turn in 20 bounties and I was turning them in all along. With all the other shit that I was doing I completely forgot to hold on to them so I only have 8 bounties turned in right now. So it will take me around two more days to turn in bounties then I'll have it done. But at least the grind is over. Other than doing the raid the other night I've done nothing but live in the Crucible for the last week. I'm going to go after Luna's Howl but it might be a little while before I go after that weapon. The grind is real on that one also and I think I've spent enough time in Crucible for a while lol.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  4. Oct 21, 2018 at 6:27 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    This is one reason I like PvP. The first message is from a guy that spawned in without a team. 4v1. We were like "aww man... that sucks for him". So when the match started he tried to play us but it wasn't going to work for him. So we just ran up to him and started dancing so he wouldn't take a hit on his K/D. We could have been dicks and just run up the score but why? That's a dick move. So I sent him a message after the match.

[​IMG]

He played around 5 matches with us and he was pretty good. So if we would have been a dick to him he would have had a shit time during that game and we would have never met him or played with him. We were still going to win but no reason to rub salt in the wound. I've been on the receiving end of that before and the majority of the time it plays out like what we did.

I got a message after a very sweaty match that went down to the wire and they barely beat us. But they beat us nonetheless. I get this message thinking it's going to be shit talking but they were actually really cool.

[​IMG]

So that's one of the reasons that I like PvP. It's much more interactive and the more you play (especially in comp or trials) the more you get to know these people and like seeing them come up against you.

Coot83 and def67 like this.
  5. Oct 21, 2018 at 2:13 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    So I started playing around with Shinobu’s Vow the other day since I never played with them before. Running Arcstrider and skips just to track the enemy. I decided to give these a try and man they are an underused exotic. The skips do more damage, recharge faster, and you get double skips. Now I can kill with one grenade from a distance and have another one ready along with tracking anyone else damaged from them. Highly recommend if you’re running arcstrider.

6. Oct 22, 2018 at 4:37 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    I always appreciate your stories man...and its cool to see that good gamers can always respect one another even in shitty situations. I know I talk out my ass a lot, but am thinking after I move out west to AZ in a few weeks to get a PS4.

If I get one, might need to start the uphill grind for real.

7. Oct 22, 2018 at 5:46 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I'll help ya along :)

dtaco06 and Coot83[QUOTED] like this.
  8. Oct 22, 2018 at 5:47 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    :yes:

9. Oct 22, 2018 at 7:24 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    So... there's one more step to the broadsword that I haven't finished. Need to rank up one more time. I'm about 1/3rd of the way to ranking up but finding a group that wants to play PvP that much is damn near impossible. So I've resorted to LFG which sucks sometimes depending on who joins. I solo queued quite a few times last night and it's just a shit show with your team running all over the place and not sticking with each other or playing the objective. So it looks like that's going to be the hardest part right now. Running with my team tonight but 3x's rank boost is over today so it's going to take a lot longer to level up. If I could have gotten a full group together yesterday I'd have the Broadsword tomorrow. So now it's just grinding out the rank.

Was playing with a few people from the clan last night here and there and went up against one of my clanmates in a random match. Didn't notice at first but it was fun as hell. Killed the shit out of him the entire match. He popped into party chat and was like "holy shit dude!!!" lol. That doesn't happen very often but it's funny when it does. I logged in once solo and went against my entire clan once. Didn't go well for me since they know how I play lol.

dtaco06 and Coot83 like this.
  10. Oct 22, 2018 at 7:34 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Got this to drop last night. A rushing shotgunners worst nightmare. If you rush me with a shotgun you won't even get close. The ttk is about 1/2 sec.

[​IMG]

Coot83 likes this.
  11. Oct 22, 2018 at 8:50 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    I've got one or 2 of those but no idea what the roll is. And it's definitely not 600, lol.

Dropped solo into a Gambit match yesterday, and that was a shit show. That is one game mode where having a fireteam is super beneficial. Dumbasses holding onto motes trying to get 15 and losing them all, not keeping the bank clear, etc. Just bank the freakin motes.

Getting close to level 560.

12. Oct 22, 2018 at 2:15 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    That was funny as hell. He came running at me with the shotgun and I melted him with that sidearm lol. I didn't even notice until you told me. Then the game was on lol.

I've gotten a bunch of them but this one has full auto on it. I've been killed by it a few times so I thought I'd try it out. It's super stable and will absolutely melt people at medium to close range. I played one match today running around the map with nothing but that. Never pulled out my primary or heavy and still had a +2.0 K/D. This thing is stupid strong.

Like I said before... NEVER EVER solo queue into Gambit. You have to have a team to win. Only four of us will play Gambit together because we have a perfect system. We won't play with anyone else. I feed kills to our team and only pick up motes if I just happen to run by one. I'm the only one that picks up heavy and invades at 25, 50, and 75. We watch the other teams progress bar and see if they are holding onto their motes and if they are we get the portal up as fast as possible. Once I invade my primary target is the one holding the most motes and then the second. Of course the goal is a team wipe but that's not too important until their Primeval comes out. It's almost a better strat to let the other team get their Primeval first as it opens our portal. Don't invade right away. Just watch their progress bar with their Primeval. Once they get it down to about 75% then invade and go for a team wipe. They will almost always be near each other and usually in their spawn area (which is a dumb place to stand) so 2 sleeper shots then close the gap and wipe the other team with either a Golden Gun, primary, or shotgun. I've killed them fast enough to get 5 kills in a single invasion since they will spawn in their spawn location and I'm there waiting.

Our team make up is:

1 Titan with melting point

2 Hunters running Blade Barrage

1 Hunter (me) running Golden Gun to take out the other team.

Titan hits the Primeval with Melting Point and the other two Hunters hit it with Blade Barrage and it melts him in about 2 sec's from full health.

Coot83 likes this.
  13. Oct 23, 2018 at 7:07 AM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I got the same one recently. Will have to give it a try. Mines full auto, rampage and lightweight frame. Will have to put the mighty Telesto away though!

Screenshot_20181023-080539_The Vault.jpg

14. Oct 23, 2018 at 7:13 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    That's a good roll. Kill Clip would be better since it only holds 14 rounds so even though rampage will proc when you get a kill you'll only have 3-5 bullets left in it. That might be enough to burn through two enemies but it would be very situational. But it is still epic with that roll with full auto. The only roll that I could think of that would be better is kill clip.

def67[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Oct 23, 2018 at 7:18 AM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    Yes it is the God roll I got. Already masterworked.

16. Oct 23, 2018 at 7:29 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Awesome brother! That's seems to be a pretty hard one to come by so far. You'll love it for PvE.

17. Oct 23, 2018 at 8:12 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    We've been going in and grabbing one of the raid chests every week, got a Chattering Bone last night. Decent roll, forget what it was. Not a pulse rifle guy, but I said that about hand cannons once.

Coot83 likes this.
  18. Oct 23, 2018 at 8:14 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    I said similar as well with hand cannons...but yea pulses I just couldn't get into no matter how many times I tried. I think its the waiting while all rounds hit the target before moving is the constant deterrent for me. Im too damn froggy I guess.

19. Oct 23, 2018 at 8:35 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Depending on the roll The Chattering Bone is one of the better PvE pulse rifles out there. I got the curated roll on mine with 10 masterwork.

Pulse Rifles and Hand Cannons are the meta in PvP right now. If you’re not using one of those you’re playing against the meta and will most likely lose most gun battles unless you get lucky.

I’ve loved Pulse Rifles since D1 and that is about all I use. My God Roll Bygones is fucking deadly at range (and I mean Mida range) and my IB Pulse melts people at mid to close range. It reminds me of the Clever Dragon that dominated PvP for a while in D1

Coot83[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Oct 23, 2018 at 8:42 AM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I started playing at the start of d2. My wife had played d1 and so I had a clan ready to go when I started! I loved pulses at the start of d2 but the meta was autos so that's what I used. I'm glad pulses are the meta.
    My bygones has kill clip and high impact reserves. I'm sure there are better rolls but its 600 light and masterworked. Also put an extended mag on it which I suppose works against high impact reserves but I like it. Better rolls are out there I'm sure.

RearViewMirror and Coot83 like this.
To Top