1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Nov 15, 2018 at 7:41 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Oh yeah... You're right. I was thinking of the Thousand Voices. My bad.

*EDIT* Lock that weapon btw ;)

dtaco06[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Nov 16, 2018 at 11:49 PM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    Just finished all bounties on all characters! Orbs took forever on the hunter!

RearViewMirror likes this.
  3. Nov 17, 2018 at 6:20 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I don't know why it does that every once in a while? When I was going after the Broadsword I got Wormhaven multiple times in a row and other than Gamblers Ruin that is my least favorite map. I either do really good on it or I completely suck. There is no middle ground.

I finished all the bounties on the WL in one day. I didn't even take my hunter into IB since I have everything I want on the hunter right now and I don't think I can get better rolls than I already have. Getting the orbs on my hunter was easiest by just running Arcstrider.

My main goal this IB was to get a really good set of armor for the WL which I did. I could have completed the orb bounty a lot faster if I would have switched to Dawnblade but I love being able to tank 40% damage while using the Contraverse Hold gloves on Voidwalker. It has to be frustrating to someone else shooting me and I only take half damage. The gloves will tank a Chaperone shot to the face (albeit with very little health left). I've stood directly in front of someone shooting me just to show that I could tank it then throw the hand held supernova and killed them only to get my grenade back a few secs later. Once I figured out how to use the gloves we just started pushing "B" flag with me in front since I would be the focus and let my teammates gun them down since they were focused on me. I don't see many people using these gloves but I HIGHLY recommend them. I think most see them as getting your grenade energy back faster with the hand held Supernova but the real perk is being able to tank anything (even a shouldcharge Titan).

4. Nov 17, 2018 at 6:35 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Then you add the Nova Warp super into the mix and the WL on that subclass is stupid OP. The Hunter didn't get much love with Forsaken but I'm not upset about it. The Hunter has been the OP class since D1 and if played right is still OP depending on your build and if you have the right exotics. So I'm glad the WL got some love. The WL has long been the least utilitarian class in Destiny. The only thing the WL brought to the table in D1 was Radiance. So if you went down in a raid you could just revive or if it went down to the wire in Trials you could revive and save the match. But they didn't bring much else compared to the other classes.

I know I've put this up before but Radiance saved this match against 3 flawless guys in a Trials match in D1. We monkey fucked our way through this match and it wasn't pretty but we got it done.

5. Nov 17, 2018 at 9:38 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Well guys I’m alive after making the move to the mighty toaster. Put down a layaway for the PS4 pro that I’m going to pay off on Thursday which I didn’t know you could do as it pretty much reserves one for you on the Black Friday sale.

I’m tempted to get the D to get back in it.

dtaco06 and def67 like this.
  6. Nov 17, 2018 at 11:16 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Just buy the Destiny 2 PS4 pro bundle and you'd get the game for free ;)

And it's would be a limited edition white one. Looks cool in white.

Coot83[QUOTED] and def67 like this.
  7. Nov 17, 2018 at 11:23 AM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I was hoping the armor would be better for the warlock. It looks good but I like my characters with high resistance and that's hard to come by with warlocks. I do the best with my hunter in ib so I agree hunters are the past pve.
    My hunter is 7 , 9, and 1 or 2, mobility, resistance and regeneration respectively and I didn't go negative in ib to many matches.
    Also there's a triumph for getting all challenges on all characters if your into that type of thing.
    Pretty sure I made more orbs with my masterworked bygones than my super with the hunter!

RearViewMirror likes this.
  8. Nov 17, 2018 at 11:42 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Well... Look at it this way. Anything more than 5 resilience is pretty much wasted. At 5 resilience you will have 200 hp to work with just like any other class in crucible. Anything less... You will get killed only marginally faster. So if you stack anything higher than 5 it becomes a law of diminishing return and you are losing out on the other perks.

Look at it this way... If you stack anything more the 3 super mods, 3 paragon mods, 3 grenade mods, etc... your gains will have such a diminishing return that you could (and should) be using other mods in your other armor slots.

My WL has 0 mobility but still moves across the map faster than my Hunter strictly because of burst glide or blink. The WL has 8 recovery but that doesn't mean that recovery comes back immediately. It just means that anything above 5 it "might" come back a fraction of a second faster.

[​IMG]

My Hunter is about as close as I can get to being well rounded with mobility, resilience, and recovery which means I'm able to take advantage of everything and lose nothing in the process.

[​IMG]

9. Nov 17, 2018 at 1:02 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I'll give you an example. On my WL in PvP I stack 3 grenade mods and 2 super mods. Anything more than 3 of the same mods is a wasted mod slot. So playing the Void class WL in PvP will net me a grenade back within less than 10-15 secs of actually throwing my handheld Supernova (assuming I actually throw it rather than tanking with it). My super will regen a min faster if I didn't kill anything at all but that is never the case since I'm always killing somebody. So being able to tank pretty much anything thrown at me and getting kills I'll be one of the very first people to have my super up in the game unless someone is playing a similar strat on the opposing team. This allows me at the very least three supers within a game assuming we don't mercy them or get mercied.

Same goes for PvE. Same rules apply since I use the same armor. I still stack grenade mods times 3 and super mods times 2. In the raid if I'm on the WL I'll run well of radiance along with Lunafaction boots so no one has to reload and we can burn whatever boss down quickly.

def67 likes this.
  10. Nov 17, 2018 at 1:46 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Logged in. Ran a Heroic Adventure and got this

[​IMG]

Don't think I'll replace it for the WC in PvP but hey... at least it's an exotic I don't have. Now if I can just get the Goddamn Queenbreaker. FML

def67 and dtaco06 like this.
  11. Nov 19, 2018 at 9:06 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Got the whisper knocked out this weekend, almost had it solo’d but ran out of time with the last a-hope down to a sliver of life left. Anyways...got the whisper and started the quest to get the catalyst completed. One more heroic completion and it’ll be at 36%. Got all the chests and oracles knocked out for the first 12%.

def67 and RearViewMirror[QUOTED] like this.
  12. Nov 19, 2018 at 9:12 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Awesome man. Once you get the Catalyst it becomes a beast. White Nail works again like it did in the original Black Hammer before they nerfed it in the Spindle in D1. The Whisper is the best PvE sniper in the game (assuming you land all your crits). I don't use it quite as much as I used too but there are certain instances where it is perfect for farming bosses etc... Each weekend you can go in and get the chests and you don't have to do the oracles again since you've already done them. You'll also get the ship which is cool. You just have to do it two more times each with a different burn each week. But now that you have the gun it makes it easy mode.

*EDIT* Oh... and you don't have to wait around anymore for the right Public Event to pop. Now each weekend it will show up as a quest marker on your screen.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  13. Nov 19, 2018 at 9:15 AM
    1DVS-BSTD

1DVS-BSTD is probably confused

Member:
    Idiot Land
    Vehicle:
    '03 TRD Off-Road
    881's, Nitrochargers, Dakars, SR8's, Duratracs
    I'd second the idea of getting the Destiny bundle. I did it with D1 and my white PS4 looks way cooler than the black ones. :D

Unrelated, but I got the Malfeasance quest yesterday. Didn't even realize what the quest was at the time or how to get it, just got lucky. I'm a sucker for hand cannons so I'm pretty excited about it. Sounds like more Gambit is in my future. Which beats the Crucible/IB...because I suck royally in there. :oops:

def67 and RearViewMirror like this.
  14. Nov 19, 2018 at 9:20 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    They buffed the Malfeasance but it's unfortunately still kind of meh at best. It's fun to play around with but it really has no use in Gambit (even though that's what it says). Does more damage to invaders??? Try using the Malfeasance against an invader using the Queenbreaker lol. There is no contest.

It's of no value (to me) in crucible as you will get melted by pretty much any other hand cannon / pulse rifle out there. In PvE it has some value as long as you are going against taken and for bringing the shields (no matter the burn) down pretty quickly.

But you were lucky to get the quest. We still have people in our clan that still haven't seen the meatball yet. I've only seen it 3 times so far and I play a lot of Gambit. I was lucky and got it on the first try. The first part of the quest sucked because you had to kill 5 invaders with a hand cannon. They changed that part right after I got my hand cannon kills :rolleyes:

def67 likes this.
  15. Nov 19, 2018 at 9:40 AM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Yeah, I read up on having to do the quest 3x pretty much and grab the chests. The big ass room jumpy puzzle was a pain in the ass! Not so much a problem with a hunter in the Stompies cause if you slip you got that hunter boost to get you back on the ledge.

16. Nov 19, 2018 at 9:40 AM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    And the thunderlord! I love the last little bit at the cosmodrome!

dtaco06, RearViewMirror and 1DVS-BSTD like this.
  17. Nov 19, 2018 at 9:49 AM
    1DVS-BSTD

1DVS-BSTD is probably confused

Member:
    Idiot Land
    Vehicle:
    '03 TRD Off-Road
    881's, Nitrochargers, Dakars, SR8's, Duratracs
    The meatball. :rofl:

I just like using hand cannons for fun/PvE. PvP I tend to stick with pulse rifles or auto rifles. I hated pulse rifles for the longest time but got Bygones recently and actually like it. If I do use a hand cannon in PvP it's Ace of Spades. Malfeasance will be a cool one for the collection at least. I miss Last Word and Hawkmoon though. Those were my favorites.

18. Nov 19, 2018 at 12:23 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    You can completely skip the big green room. As soon as you enter it turn right and drop down right by the stairs you come into it on and just follow the path to the right. It will take you to the cylinder you have to run around the edge of. Should save you 3 or more mins (assuming you never fell in the green room).

I agree. I loved that bit of nostalgia.

I used the Bygones the entire time while I ran the Claymore / Broadsword quest. It's a beast with the right rolls on it. Once I got the Broadsword I never take it off.

I was going to start my grind up to Fabled for the Luna's Howl but they are resetting all ranks at the end of the month. I don't want to be right at the edge of becoming Fabled only to have my rank reset and have to grind it up again. So I'll finish the Luna's Howl next month after reset.

19. Nov 19, 2018 at 12:37 PM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    I know that cheese, I was referring to the second chest in that room that, unless there’s an easier way to get up to that chest.

First chest is in the first wall crack on the left and the second is in a wall crack way up above the stairs as you enter. Only way I’ve seen to get there is a lot of creative platforming to get around to it. I kept hearing a lot of “FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! MANTLE THAT LEDGE YOU POS TITAN!!!”

20. Nov 19, 2018 at 12:42 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Oh... I see what you mean. Yeah grabbing the chests. That did suck.

I agree with the hunter and Stomp-EE's. I used them all the way until the first room where you start fighting then put on Raidon Flux and started wiping out adds with Arcstrider.

To Top