1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Nov 19, 2018 at 12:57 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    I’m a fan of the rigs and the tether+grenade combo. It’s used frequently with lots o add’s.

2. Nov 19, 2018 at 1:15 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Judging that I've got 226,738 kills as a Nightstalker alone I'd say the Rigs are my go to exotic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only time I take them off is in PvP. Tether just isn't what it used to be in PvP. I still firmly believe that if you hit someone directly with tether it should kill them but it doesn't. At least they did fix the tether delay that was prevalent before Forsaken launched. I could shoot a tether and it wouldn't shut down the super for a couple of secs after it hit which made running Nightstalker useless in PvP. It's better now but Blade Barrage is 100% better for shutting down any super (I'm looking at you Nova Warp WL's lol).

*EDIT* Pay no attention to the subclass in the corner. I just put them in the picture because that's all I run with Nightstalker. I've been running PvP all day with the Ophidia Spathe

3. Nov 19, 2018 at 4:27 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    @RearViewMirror the rigs, grenades, nightstalker, heavy lifting perk and the TL is supers for days in PVP

4. Nov 19, 2018 at 4:50 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Shards of Galanor is super for days with Blade Barrage. Get two kills and get 70% of your super back immediately. Tether is pretty much worthless in PvP at the moment. Sure you might get lucky and knock someone out of their super or catch a couple of enemies in the tether but it's not an instant shutdown since you still have to shoot the enemies. Add to that... you are pretty vulnerable while casting tether since it's kind of a long animation. The only downside to Way of a Thousands Cuts is the middle tree leaves something to be desired.

Once started Blade Barrage can't be shut down during the animation and it will shut down almost any super with the exception of the superman Titan. So I'd rather have Blade Barrage up almost all the time if I'm not running the WL with the handheld Supernova which tanks everything with the exception of a super and also has Nova Warp.

5. Nov 20, 2018 at 6:12 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    I was just clearing some weekly stuff and only had Crucible left, so I went into IB last night with no thought of my loadout. Never switched from an Ether Doctor and Well of Radiance. Once our team got 2 control points and my super was up, I'd just run to the 3rd, drop a well and melt the other team while capturing. Then hunt. Good fun, worked well several times and was the difference in winning the match. I'm sure there are way better loadouts, but I just used what I had and did fine.

RearViewMirror and def67 like this.
  6. Nov 21, 2018 at 12:40 PM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    Had a pretty good run the last couple days for exotics, I mean I actually had a couple drop and one was even forsaken!

First was this for my titan. Pretty underwhelming. Heals about half your life back when you use a barricade.
    Screenshot_20181121-133530_The Vault.jpg

Next I got this for my Warlock. Give super energy back on kills inside a well of radiance! Awesome pve!
    Screenshot_20181121-133613_The Vault.jpg

7. Nov 21, 2018 at 12:57 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I can't get an exotic to drop. Got a coldheart in the raid last night for the 30th time. Glad Bungie fixed the duplicate exotic drop :rolleyes:

def67 likes this.
  8. Nov 21, 2018 at 1:11 PM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I've been pretty lucky I think compared to others! It's a grind for sure! I'd have to check when I get home but I've had 3 or 4 of the newer ones. Quensbreaker would really make my day!

9. Nov 21, 2018 at 1:15 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I literally haven't gotten a new exotic in ages and I play constantly. Almost every time I'm in a group someone gets a new exotic but I've just been extremely unlucky. There are only two things I want. Queenbreaker and the Hunter gloves. That's it and I'd be happy.

def67 likes this.
  10. Nov 21, 2018 at 1:18 PM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    Which gloves for the hunter?

11. Nov 21, 2018 at 1:20 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    The ones that give you back Blade Barrage when you land 2-3 kills with them.

I realize it's all RNG but Bungie released a statement that if you had an exotic already it would be weighed against those exotics so you wouldn't get duplicates. Well... that doesn't seem to be working very well after getting my 30+ coldheart last night.

def67[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Nov 21, 2018 at 4:16 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    I got an exotic emote last night. Neat.

def67 likes this.
  13. Nov 21, 2018 at 4:34 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I've got the same exotic ship three times in a row from turning in an engram.

14. Nov 21, 2018 at 8:26 PM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    So my clan regulars have been having a tough time getting other clanmates to join chat and games and such. Until tonight we invited some recently added members to chat and the three of them joined and pretty much carried us through callus! Very experienced and friendly guys! We didn't totally finish but in under 3 hours got to callus and almost beat him but it glitched some walls in the void room and by then it was 2am for some of them. Good night anyhow!

15. Nov 21, 2018 at 9:16 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Wish I would’ve known. We could have gotten you through in about 45 mins. It’s just getting others to run that would have been the issue.

16. Nov 21, 2018 at 11:29 PM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    Going forward my clan has probably 12 people who are on lots and always up to raid so I should be good!

17. Nov 22, 2018 at 6:04 PM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    We all got together and finished callus. Same group as yesterday. First time I've done a full raid in one week. Start to finish. Didn't get any good loot.
    Did a little on the Last wish and now I've got all the great hunt armor except the chest piece for my titan.

RearViewMirror likes this.
  18. Nov 22, 2018 at 11:15 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT

Did you like the Leviathan? I thought it was a good raid. Certainly not the best raid Bungie has created only because it's non linear but that's just my subjective opinion. In D1 all the raids were linear like every MMO I've ever played and I like that style. The Last Wish is like that and is a really well thought out raid.
    The only part of the Leviathan that I really liked was the Gauntlet. That was the best part of the raid to me because it's pretty hectic and everyone has to be on point to get it done. I personally hated the Dogs portion of the raid. It was just boring and a filler to make the raid seem longer. When the Leviathan first came out we went in blind and the Gauntlet was the only part that gave us the most trouble. I think it took us two days to figure it out.
    If you went in at 500+ you shouldn't have any problems with killing adds. You just had to learn the mechanics of the raid. I figure you probably one phased Calus at that level. We used to one phase him on level so I imagine he went down pretty quick. The only good loot that you could have gotten out of that raid would be the RL, the hand cannon, pulse rifle, or the sniper. Other than that there is nothing worth picking up. The armor is worthless now since it doesn't drop with random rolls.

I hope we get a new raid with the Black Armory in Dec. but from what I understand it will just be another raid Lair. I hope that's not the case. In D1 with each expansion we got a completely new raid not counting Prison of Elders which almost made me quit the game because that expansion was so bad. But Vault of Glass is still one of my favorite raids Bungie ever came out with. Corta sucked for a raid and I soloed it when it first came out by cheesing my way across the abyss portion before they patched it.
    The Taken King was fucking amazing and that's when D1 hit its stride. Wrath of the Machine was a damn good raid also. The quest for the Outbreak Prime was the best quest Bungie ever came up with IMO.

When Bungie started doing raid lair's I just wasn't impressed. Eater of Worlds was okay but nothing special. A new set of armor that didn't really do anything and only 2 weapons that were pretty much shit. Spire of Stars sucked balls. I completed it once and never did it again because of the long jumping puzzle (if you could call it that) was only filler to make the raid seem longer than it really was.

But now we have The Last Wish raid and it is fucking amazing. I've no idea how they were able to turn this game around with Forsaken but this is the game we should have got at launch. Forsaken is, IMO, one of the best expansions Bungie has created so far. I love every game mode in it and there is always something to go after. PvE is awesome, Gambit is one of the best game modes that I've played in Destiny, PvP is in a very good spot now and I personally love going in and playing, and the raid is well thought out. I grinded for the Claymore / Broadsword for a week and three days. I did nothing but PvP for up to eight hours a day to get that gun. Now I'm halfway through getting the Luna's howl and I will most likely go for The Not Forgotten. So there is always something to go after in the game now. Hell... I grinded that fucking lost sector for two days just to get the god roll Dust Rock Blues shotgun.

That's really all I wanted from D2. Something to always go after. If you put that carrot on a stick in front of my face I'll chase it. And they have done just that so I'm happy.

19. Nov 22, 2018 at 11:36 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    The Well is awesome for IB since it's Control. If I see it up I don't even go near it unless I'm running Blade Barrage and even then it's iffy.
    I personally don't use it in PvP when I'm on the WL since I run Voidwalker. Having the ability to tank almost half damage while getting shot is OP IMO. If you have the gloves then you are pretty much unstoppable. Nova Warp is stupid strong if you pop it at the right time. You can clear out an entire team with that super. I'd have to look at how many 7th column medals I've gotten running that class. I know I've gotten over 10 undefeated medals with it and 3 annihilation medals so far. Play around with all the subclasses and see which one you like. Ether Doctor is pretty damn good for up close battles but it's kind of a one trick pony. Auto Rifles just aren't able to compete very well in this meta. If you get a chance, go in Gambit and try to get a good Bygones. That is still one of the top tier weapons in PvP. Even though I've got the Broadsword I still watch out for someone using the Bygones. It's that good.

20. Nov 23, 2018 at 5:33 AM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I liked leviathan. We did not 1 faze callus but second round and first plate he was dead. Not much health left at that point, just a sliver. Didn't bother stacking any skulls the second round.
    Baths is fun. Dogs is really easy now and I never hated it. Gauntlet is fun.
    Really it should not be hard to beat at 500 light on prestige. I want to do that now because of telesto catalyst. But really telesto is OP without a catalyst.

RearViewMirror likes this.
To Top