1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Oct 11, 2018 at 11:09 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Bachelor, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners
    Dude, that is like the first (and only, so far) exotic weapon that dropped for me. It sucks balls for general use, but I know you just like to have everything.

2. Oct 11, 2018 at 11:13 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 TRD Off Road *Sold*
    It's good in PvP but other than that I dunno? I've got a 600 Bad Omens out of Gambit that has tracking and Cluster bombs that is a god roll. But this is only the second Forsaken exotic that I've gotten so far. The other being the Trinity Ghoul which I got on the second day. The rest have been year 1 exotics. I want the chest piece for the hunter and the arms but no luck so far. I'm just happy to get this one. Only took me 4 weeks to get another Forsaken exotic lol.

3. Oct 11, 2018 at 11:17 AM
    dtaco06

dtaco06 Strawberry abuser

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP AC PR / 07 4Runner
    I don't think I've gotten a single Forsaken exotic. In fact I don't think I've had an exotic period. I haven't even really done anything in The Dreaming City or Tangled shores yet either. Just try to crank out my weekly stuff when I've got time. After this weekend though I'm pretty grounded until Thanksgiving week so I should have more weekends available to crank some stuff out and hopefully get in on some clan runs.

4. Oct 11, 2018 at 2:04 PM
    Coot83

Coot83 BRO-UNIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chalupa CHEE
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TX 3.5"B" edition
    sup b
    Not gonna lie man, that shit looks pretty serious.

5. Oct 12, 2018 at 7:30 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Started my grind for the Broadsword. Actually I started it a while back I suppose without even knowing I was doing it.

I'm at step 5.

• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Arc final blows
    • In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Solar final blows
    • In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Void final blows
    Step 6

• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Quickplay (Rotators count)
    • Complete 25 Crucible matches in Competitive
    • Complete 25 Crucible matches in Rumble
    This shouldn't be very hard as it matches up with the Chaperone only easier

Step 7

• Complete 20 Crucible Bounties
    Easy

Step 8

• Reset your Valor rank 5 times within a single season
    Shouldn't be that hard since I've already reset it twice this season. This will be the most grindy part of the quest IMO but as you complete the other steps you will be working your way to reset so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Step 9

• Visit Lord Shaxx and claim your reward.
    That's it. So for the next few weeks or so I'll be grinding this out. I went in solo queue last night and played probably 15 matches which is probably not the way to go about doing it if you want to keep your K/D respectable. I didn't lose any K/D but I didn't gain much either. So hopefully I can get some friends to follow me on this journey.

dtaco06 and Coot83 like this.
  6. Oct 12, 2018 at 9:57 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    CBI bed rack and sliders, CVT Mt. Bachelor, Uniden 520XL, WeatherTechs, TRD CAI, 1Up USA hitch rack, speaker upgrade, Total Chaos bed stiffeners
    Post a screenshot when you get it. That's the only way I will ever see one.

7. Oct 12, 2018 at 10:13 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Will do. Also going after Luna's Howl but I'll get around to that afterwards. I'll get the Luna's Howl but honestly I was destroying with The Trust from Gambit so Luna's Howl didn't seem like much of an issue.

8. Oct 13, 2018 at 6:45 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    So this thing is stupid in crucible lol. Fire and forget. Not nearly as good as a year 1 Truth in D1 but 2 tracking rockets at once is stupid. If you’re fast enough you can fire and turn and catch 2 that aren’t necessarily standing near each other kind of like the WC.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Coot83 likes this.
  9. Oct 13, 2018 at 6:48 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Got the chaperone quest done by accident while farming for for the claymore. Now it’s hard to not use it but I still have to get pulse rifle kills. But Jesus the chaperone will fucking map people lol. It’s damn near unfair but fuckit... if you want it do the quest.

10. Oct 13, 2018 at 6:49 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    I figured it had a purpose, but it's not PvE. Seems perfect for crucible, but I like my Ace of Spades! Time to find another primary...

11. Oct 13, 2018 at 7:09 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Ace of Spades and shotty seems to be the Meta in crucible right now. I rarely run Ace of Spades since I’m working on the claymore quest right now. I’ve got a god roll Bygones so it three taps from across the map. But when I do use a Hand Cannon I use the Trust. I don’t think there is a smoother Hand Cannon in the game. I don’t have Luna’s Howl yet so I can’t compare them but I don’t have any trouble going up against someone using Luna’s Howl unless they catch me off guard.

One thing I really like is you can pretty much use whatever you want within reason and still compete. Crucible hasn’t been in a better place in a very long time.

12. Oct 13, 2018 at 7:15 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Oh and you’re right... the Two Tail Fox has no PvE value that I can find. It’s still the EP shotgun, Sleeper, or Whisper in the raid or pretty much anything PvE

13. Oct 15, 2018 at 4:24 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Now with more Oi Vey! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner Smashed Ass Edition
    OME, 285 KO2’s, Fridge, Compressor, Rack, Lights, Switches
    Anytime I see any quest with crucible in it I can count on it sitting and collecting dust. Would be nice if there was a means for the quests to either have the option to PVP or just finish out some long winded PVE crap for them.

Crucible/Gambit is just not an enjoyable game mode for me.

bblake00 likes this.
  14. Oct 15, 2018 at 5:21 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:

I played PvP for about 5 hours with a team today. Reset rank once and I'm almost to reset again.

I personally disagree with being able to get weapon / armor piece just by playing one sort of game mode. Things like Luna's Howl / Claymore / Broadsword should not be given out. They must be earned by playing PvP and that is fine with me. I'm getting close to the Claymore / Broadsword but I don't mind grinding for it. I understand that PvP isn't for everyone. But that said... don't expect the items to be earned any other way. Same thing goes for the raid. Not everyone likes to raid so to those that don't... don't expect to get those rewards.
    The more you play the better you'll get at it and learn to read what your opponents plans / intentions / and next move is. That's the part I love. IB starts tomorrow and 2x's rank for the rest of the week along with 3x's rank this weekend. If everything goes according to plan I'll have the Broadsword by this weekend.

Gambit is one of the best parts of this expansion IMO. We have a great strat and very rarely lose with that strat. Just don't ever cue up solo. It's an exercise in frustration.

dtaco06 likes this.
  15. Oct 15, 2018 at 5:34 PM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    And I think that’s where we’ll always disagree. The level of effort that goes into a specific game mode to get through a quest is obnoxious. I’m glad as hell they made it where hand cannon kills in gambit counted towards the Ace quest and not just guardian kills. As a casual gamer, don’t have time to burn through 50 final blows in each subclass, then another shit ton of matches and reset your rank 5x in a mode that is absolutely unenjoyable to me.

Fuck that shit! That’s why those quests usually sit around collecting dust or, get done at a snails pace cause I generally forget they are there.

Maybe, if I turn in the 10k baryon boughs I have from doing landscaping duty for the Awoken in the dreaming city to complete a section of the quest it would make it worth it.

dtaco06 likes this.
  16. Oct 15, 2018 at 6:08 PM
    Coot83

Coot83 BRO-UNIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Chalupa CHEE
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TX 3.5"B" edition
    sup b
    You got admit though it is nice to have to seek to earn stuff again instead of just getting everything due to inevitability like it was in the beginning of d2. Partly why everyone beat it and moved on so quick...me included. At the same time, I get the gripe for crap being outside the scope of folks who don’t have much time to play.

17. Oct 15, 2018 at 6:16 PM
    4x4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    West Coast, Best Coast
    Vehicle:
    I don’t mind going out and seeking things, just maybe another option. I’d rather punch 1000 enemies in the face under each subclass in strikes with non clan mates than suffer through one crucible match

Coot83 likes this.
  18. Oct 15, 2018 at 7:22 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Certain items being locked behind certain activities is what makes this game good now. D2 sucked balls during year one because everyone could get pretty much everything without even trying. If I went flawless in Trials then my clanmates shouldn't be able to reap the rewards for "my" effort. "I'm" the one that was willing to go in and do what needed to be done. Once it was done then everyone in the clan got a Trials weapon??? Fuck that. It shouldn't have been that way EVER. And that goes vice versa. If I don't do Trials or the raid then "I" shouldn't have been able to reap the rewards if others in the clan do them. That damn near killed off D2. Making the game way too casual friendly with absolutely nothing to chase after.

As I've mentioned before, I come from a long line of MMO's and if you wanted the best items in the game you had to actually complete those activities. There was no other way of gaining access to those items without doing the hard stuff. I look at D2 in much the same way now that Forsaken has come out. If someone wants the endgame items whether it be PvE related or PvP related you must do them yourself. I've built a clan from the ground up where we all have the same goals in mind and we have fun doing those things that only the hardcore player wants to do.

I completely understand if someone doesn't like PvP. I get it... I really do. When I first stepped foot in to PvP in D1 I got my ass handed to me for a while. But I decided I was going to get good so that's what I did. So now I have something pretty exclusive to chase after that most aren't willing to do. And I will get it done no doubt about it. But, that weapon is locked behind that activity and should (and will) remain so. 90+% of the people aren't going to get the Luna's Howl or the Broadsword because it is a grind and if you don't like PvP then it will remain out of reach for those that choose not to go for it. It just means that "I" was willing to put in the time and effort to go after something that most won't even try for. The quest is long and there are a lot steps to it. You have to be good at PvP and willing to grind for it. They don't just give it out like candy. And that... I really like. But I'll tell you who I really respect in the game. Those that got the Claymore when it was during season 3 and PvP was probably in the worst place it's ever been in Destiny's history. I didn't even try then. But I also didn't upset because it was locked behind something that I was unwilling to do. Now PvP is in one of the best places in Destiny's history and I certainly don't mind grinding for it.

I've said it before... There is a place for casual players to enjoy the game and there is a place for hardcore players to enjoy the game. But if someone isn't willing to put forth the effort to do the hard things then I'm sorry... they will be locked out of those items. I've no qualms with that.

19. Oct 15, 2018 at 7:31 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    This is just a snapshot of just some of the games we played today. As you move up in ELO it gets much more sweaty. But it also gets more fun.

[​IMG]

Coot83 likes this.
  20. Oct 15, 2018 at 7:34 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Oh... and I finally got my first 7th column medal today. They just happened to be lined up perfectly and I mowed through them with Arcstrider and Raiden Flux. I was pretty happy about that since there is a lot of luck involved with getting that done.

Coot83 likes this.
To Top