1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Mar 12, 2019 at 7:43 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Made it to 625. This reckoning thing has to be the dumbest game mode I’ve ever played. I’m sure I’m doing it wrong. Still no new quest though.

2. Mar 13, 2019 at 7:01 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    So the reckoning would be fun if you have a team. After about five rounds I finally finished one. I think I was too underleveled before. 620 vs 640ish. I completed it and got the gambit/vaguard choice.

After reading about it online this seemed really great. People were talking about lore. Various groups. How hard it was to choose. Maybe I missed something but I just went to gambit and he presented two options to choose from.

I didn't read the lore you collect over the last couple weeks/month so maybe it was in there. Just seemed like a cooler story than what actually happened.

def67 likes this.
  3. Mar 13, 2019 at 7:22 PM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I'm still at work. Have not played forever ffs!

erok81 likes this.
  4. Mar 13, 2019 at 7:25 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Come on man. You’ve been there since yesterday. Time to go home!

5. Mar 13, 2019 at 7:38 PM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I went home and slept for a while, hopefully by the weekend shit will straighten out.

erok81[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Mar 24, 2019 at 9:19 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Ooh yeah 648! Still not over 650. :rofl:

Also resetting your gambit level suuuuucks. I’m about halfway through mythic III. So close :annoyed:

def67 likes this.
  7. Mar 26, 2019 at 3:38 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Not that anyone cares but I made it to legend for gambit. Now who knows how many more games I have to play to get to reset. :bananadead:

RearViewMirror likes this.
  8. Mar 26, 2019 at 4:19 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Nice :)

I think I reset 4 times before I quit. I especially played when it was double XP weeks or weekends so that helped a lot.

Now that I've been out of the game since Nov (I think that's when I quit?) I'm so happy to be done with Destiny. Almost everyone that I played with have quit with the exception of a few. There are only about 10 people that play out of the clan and that's sad. I had a lot of good times in Destiny but they just turned it into shit now. This thread kind of shows that since there are only a couple that still make posts about this game.

All that said... I put a lot trust and faith into Anthem and also sang its praises here but I was wrong. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about that game. I was hoping it would be a replacement for Destiny but it's not even close right now. There literally isn't shit to do in the game once you reach level 30 and start running the Grandmaster levels. All the weapons look basically the same, all the armor looks the same, fuck... everything looks the same in the game. The gameplay is fun I'll give it that. There just isn't anything to play for right now. Maybe somewhere down the line there will be but who knows if EA will pull the plug on Anthem. I haven't played it in over a month and I don't really plan on playing it anytime soon. So I was wrong to hype up Anthem because right now it is dogshit.

The one game that wasn't on my radar was The Division 2. I didn't like The Division because they basically lied to everyone with the first gameplay trailer. Then when it came out it pretty much sucked ass. So I had no plans to buy The Division 2. But then the reviews started coming in and everyone seemed to love it. So I bought it and I've got to say... most everything that I hated about The Division they fixed and the game is actually pretty fucking awesome. Loot is everywhere now. And it's meaningful when you get it. The setting is fucking amazing with DC. I've gone to DC for the last 2 years on vacation and every place I visited is in the game. There is actually a mission that took me to a museum called the Newseum and everything in that museum was there. Even the helicopter hanging from the roof. It's fucking impressive the amount of detail in this game. The AI is so much better this time around and the game is much, much harder because of the AI which is great. It makes you think about what you want to do rather than just shoot a dude wearing a hoodie running straight at you with an entire clip before he is dead. I'm really impressed that they turned this game around.

Bungie could learn a thing or two. But instead you get this. Fucking stupid :rolleyes:

9. Mar 26, 2019 at 4:26 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    The sad thing about reset I saw it once when I hovered over my rank but I didn’t reset it because I didn’t know what it was. Thankfully if I’m reading correctly I only need to win six more games to get the additional 1500 to reset rank. That should go quick. I hope.

That sucks about anthem. I was hoping they’d have better looking gear and weapons (at least variety). I won’t lie I have to have my guardian looking good over stats! I thought I had bought it but it was still in my cart. Oops. Maybe I’ll still hold off.

Division 1 sucked for me, maybe I didn’t try hard enough. I can’t remember but I swear some of it was so hard it wasn’t fun. And the online piece seemed to have a cool premise but also sucked. That’s why I never even gave two a thought. I never played the first one a whole lot so that might be why too.

10. Mar 26, 2019 at 4:29 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Oh and that article. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m glad I don’t pay a lot of attention to that stuff. Being super casual pays off. I wonder how many of those cores I have.

RearViewMirror likes this.
  11. Mar 26, 2019 at 4:48 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    When I was going for the Redix I reset my rank 5 times. Most of those were completing other parts of the quest so it worked out pretty good. I was rank 4 when I completed everything but still had to reset my rank one more time. I was lucky because when I came to that part of the quest it was a double XP week so I got it done in less than 2 days. But I played constantly in PvP. I mean like 8 hour days in PvP. I was finished with the Luna's Howl quest and working on that when I quit. I just looked and I still lead everyone in the clan and I haven't played since Nov.

This is how much I played and no one is close to me. That tells me either I played way to fucking much or most people have quit the game.

[​IMG]

Dude Anthem sucks balls right now. Good thing you didn't buy it. I hope they can pull something out of their ass but there is so much hate toward this game that I don't think it can survive. The Division 2 actually took me by surprise. I was like you and hated the first game but this one nailed it. I can't believe they turned this game around like they did. Between The Division and The Division 2 is a vast chasm that they were able to cross. But they did and it's pretty awesome.

I was lucky with cores because I played so much that I had hundreds of cores to play around with. But I know many in the clan that struggled with cores and their availability. Bungie just made it much worse by their decision. They didn't even listen to the players and said a big "fuck you! We're going to do it our way". So much for Bungie listening to player feedback. Decisions like this are what's going to kill this game. I'll be very surprised if Destiny is around this time next year. Bungie just doesn't have the support they used to have and now they have to carry everything on their shoulders. Making decisions like that will not help. Any decision now can not be blamed on anyone but Bungie. Have fun while it lasts is all I can say. :notsure:

12. Mar 26, 2019 at 5:32 PM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Not gonna lie man, Im excited that I called it on Division 2 for ya!

13. Mar 26, 2019 at 5:47 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Dude that was definitely a good call. :thumbsup:

It really is a good game and they made the changes they needed to from the first one. I had no intention of buying it but I'm glad that I did. I've had a lot of fun in it.

Coot83[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Mar 26, 2019 at 6:33 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Hmm more gambit or division 2. :annoyed:

15. Mar 26, 2019 at 6:34 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Or iron banner with the cutting edge brand new samurai gear. :boink:

16. Mar 26, 2019 at 6:36 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    You know my answer lol.

17. Mar 26, 2019 at 6:48 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Haha so true. I’ll check out some videos first just to make sure. I remember the previews for the first one looked soooo good. Obviously not bad it seems. Your opinion was the same as mine for the first. So maybe I’ll like the second one.

18. Mar 26, 2019 at 7:04 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yeah brother... I had no intention of buying it after the first one. But I took a chance on this one because the reviews said it was good. Turns out... It's really fuckin good. If you decide to play it I think you'll like it. There's a lot of shit to do in the game.

It's sad when all the reviews pretty much said the same thing. "This is how a live service video game should launch". You compare this with Anthem where there isn't shit to do at all in the end game, Destiny to where they are going to go under eventually because they are fucking shit up all the time, or Warframe where the game is damn near perfect. The Division 2 isn't in Warframe territory yet. Warframe just offers so much to do. But that said... The Division 2 is a damn good game.

19. Mar 26, 2019 at 7:37 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter

Sweet. I think I'll pick it up. Warframe sounds really cool, but that's like going back school again with how complex it is. For me that one is a bit too much.:rofl:

20. Mar 26, 2019 at 7:42 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I agree. You really have to want to play Warframe. It's a true MMO shooter with a lot of complexity. It's not for everyone but I personally love it. Mainly because I come from a MMO background.

To Top