1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Mar 27, 2019 at 9:01 AM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I have not played anything lately. I do enjoy D2 but when the whole clan quit playing it kills it. I tried playing a couple days ago but I think I'm just in an overall PS4 slump. I sometimes get away from the PS4 for months at a time and right now nothing interests me. I will have to watch some division gameplay though as some clanmates have started playing. My other good PS4 bud is playing Fortnite all the time, and while I do enjoy the game the people you fight really suck, lol.

2. Mar 27, 2019 at 9:53 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Sometimes it's good to take a break. When PoE came out I hated that expansion so much that I only completed Skolas once and after that I was done. I played every once in a while if the clan needed to do a raid or something but I "almost" quit Destiny then. But then TTK came out and for the rest of D1, it was pretty damn awesome.

I've never tried Fortnite. It just doesn't look that interesting to me. I'm in the minority there since it's one of the most popular games out right now.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    def67[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Mar 28, 2019 at 11:12 AM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Finally reset my rank! Got the delirium machine gun. But didn’t try it out.

I need to watch division2 videos today. I keep forgetting!

4. Mar 28, 2019 at 5:17 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
  5. May 14, 2019 at 11:15 AM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    Earned the outbreak perfected last night. Fun little challenge to accomplish.

erok81 and def67 like this.
  6. May 15, 2019 at 2:42 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    Seems like there are a few cool things happening now. I’m so far behind. I never knew a lot of these things were even happening.

I’m going to try and solo that prime mission.

7. Jun 5, 2019 at 9:08 AM
    lorne317

lorne317 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport LB
    The new update looks good enough to suck me back in after a long break. I have a lot of catching up to do.

def67 likes this.
  8. Jun 5, 2019 at 10:14 AM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I'm thinking the same but I'm on holidays for a month currently

9. Jun 5, 2019 at 8:35 PM
    erok81

erok81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Imposter
    It’s fun! But I never stopped playing.

lorne317 and def67 like this.
  10. Jun 6, 2019 at 4:57 AM
    lorne317

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport LB
    The power surge quest is awesome for catching up, I got to 690 within a couple of hours of playtime.

def67[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Jul 17, 2019 at 6:44 AM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I'm back playing daily! The break from playstation is over!
    I'm really enjoying the game again as well. That's just leveling up characters too. I have not done too much menagerie or the gambit strike either. Just so much to do in the game. Leveling is really quick too with the new bounties from callus.
    Hoping to do shattered throne this week for izanagis burden but it might be tough getting enough people to do it with as my only clanmates are Brits or Australian. May have to lfg it but I'm paranoid to do that being on call for work.

lorne317 likes this.
  12. Jul 18, 2019 at 8:28 AM
    lorne317

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport LB
    I've been back playing regularly too. Menagerie is pretty good, it's kind of a middle ground between a raid and a strike and it has matchmaking. There is a lot to do now and some of it is super grindy. I've just accepted there's some stuff I'm never going to get because I'd have to play the game like it was my job to get everything. Overall I think the game is in a good place right now and hopefully Shadowkeep makes it even better.

def67 likes this.
  13. Sep 5, 2019 at 11:00 AM
    joey.taco

joey.taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Toyota Tacoma OR DCSB
    anyone plays D2 on xbox?

ScenicCityOverland likes this.
  14. Oct 6, 2019 at 9:46 PM
    deadpocketss

deadpocketss Dingus

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '10 Barcelona Red ACLB MT 2.7L PreRunner (Mia)
    She runs. What more can I ask for?
    Eh, I'm back on PC. Lots to do after a year away.

15. Oct 7, 2019 at 5:16 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    So the new upgrade is pretty darn good. After not playing for about a year @rearview told me Shadowkeep came out, been locked in pretty steady for the last few days. I like it, they did something right.....so far, who knew they had it in them.

Oh, and @RearViewMirror is back playing........after all the rants about fuck them, fuck the game, fuck bungie, blah, blah, blah......:D

Good to be back playing Destiny with you Britt :thumbsup:

16. Oct 7, 2019 at 6:02 AM
    deadpocketss

deadpocketss Dingus

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    I stopped playing when Forsaken came out and I just picked it back up last week. Got through both campaigns, still a ton of quests and bounties to do.. Sitting at 916 power just trying to get my hands in all of the new stuff. A little overwhelming lol

17. Oct 7, 2019 at 6:14 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Tell me about it. Just hit 901 yesterday. Now its campaign time and the grind.

18. Oct 7, 2019 at 6:16 AM
    deadpocketss

deadpocketss Dingus

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    Forsaken campaign got me up to 900. Slowed waaay down after that.

19. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:18 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Lol... I'm not promising anything yet. The only reason I'm playing right now is because the clan asked me to come back and try it out. Judging from the lack of posts here since I left last year, it doesn't seem that I missed much. Over the weekend I talked to pretty much everyone that I play with and it seems there was a huge lull so I'm not disappointed that I left when I did. They took me through the Menagerie and the Raid and they were throw away at best.

That said... I am curious how Armor 2.0 is going to pan out. I really do like that change. I can finally make a build / builds that suit my play style. I do like the artifact system but I don't like that it is centered around Auto Rifles, Hand Cannons, Bows, and Sub Machine Guns. Those are all the weapons that I don't play with? So I don't understand how or why they chose that path? I wish there were multiple artifacts in the game so you could really build around the weapons you actually use. But I will give them credit... there is plenty of shit to do right now. Is it Forsaken good? Right now I'd say no. But... who knows what's coming since they are releasing content at a steady rate so that is a pretty good sign. Here's to hoping they have done away with the little mini expansions. If they go back down that path I'll be gone again.

I can see where the Vex Invasion will be fun once it gets harder. Right now you just kind of run your way though it so even the worst players can make it through. That's not a criticism as I understand that is just to get peoples feet wet with what to expect. I fully expect there to be a Heroic version of it to come out soon where you will have to be a certain level and have awareness of what is going on to be able to finish it. Going to try the Raid out this Friday so we'll see what that is like. I haven't looked at anything raid related as we always go in blind. I don't expect it to be as good as The Last Wish since it was finished in a little over 7hrs I think whereas The Last Wish took 24hrs to complete World's First.

I'm not one that likes Bungie recycling old content but I have to admit that going back to the Moon is fun and has nostalgic value to it . And they have changed it up enough that it doesn't feel like it's been recycled. I've fallen in a few cracks that weren't there before lol. Finished up the quest line for the Deathbringer RL last night and I'm undecided about it. It's fun to use but I don't see it becoming a Meta weapon at all. It may be I don't know? But I just can't find a viable place to use it. But I will say one thing... It feels like an exotic should feel. On the other hand... Eriana's Vow is STUPID strong. I'm not a fan of Hand Cannons but that thing is a hand held sniper that hit's like a fucking truck. I love seeing shields pop with one shot.

Pchop[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:31 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Obviously I dont know the game as well as you do, which is why I am always asking you questions. I will say, that after this weekend of playing, that I am much more into it and have spent the last 2 hours at "work" looking through youtube videos.
    As you know, scout rifles are my favorite weapon, when I have a good one. The one I commented on last night, Imperative, I had and I accidentally threw it away goddamnit. I wanted to keep it to level up, thing was bad ass. I have since researched and found out that Randy's Throwing Knife is the one to get. It has a 250 rate of fire! So I'm going for that one while I am grinding up from 901.

Over all, I like it and am having fun again. So there is that.

Glad to see you back with some positive shit to say. Still havent found a game to replace it so I am happy.

To Top