1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:35 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    It will slow down after you hit 900. I went from 750 to 900 in a few hours. I would HIGHLY advise anyone to not do the new campaign until they reach 900. The new campaign helps you level up pretty fast because you will be getting higher level drops all the way through. At the end of the campaign you will get an exotic which will be much higher level than anything you currently have which is nice. If you start the new campaign before 900 you will be wasting those drops in the 800's which won't help you at all once you pass the 900 mark. Then you will be left relying on prime engrams, weeklies, etc... just to get a jump in level. I'm sitting at 920 right now which is a good level since the reset is tomorrow so I should be getting close to 940-950 depending on my luck which will be more than enough to get me in the door of the raid.

2. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:44 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I like the Imperative Scout rifle but Scout's just don't seem that viable in the current Meta. I've got a God roll on mine so I didn't infuse it. I'll use the Imperative while just running around but it still seems as if Hand Cannons still are the most viable even with the dmg falloff nerf they put in. During the Vex Offensive... Scout Rifles would be useless due to the amount of adds that surround you. Scouts did get a buff but I still don't find them useful even though they are my favorite weapon type. The Redrix has taken me from 750 to 920 with no issue and it doesn't hurt that Pulse Rifles got a slight buff (even though they Nerfed Desperado).

Lol... Good luck going for the Randy's Throwing Knife. You know that is a strictly PvP quest line right? I know how much you like PvP. I'll probably go for it but it's not high on my priority list.

You'll need to complete the following objectives to complete this quest:

• Enemies defeated and medals: 14,000
    • Glory earned: 2,100
    • [Scout Rifle] Final blows: 450
    So you will be competing in the Competitive playlist the entire time.

3. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:46 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    ^^^This

Go the Trove Knight route. You can get from 750 to 900 in a couple of hours just by farming that, the PE's that happen while your doing it and the lightning storm fights, if you figure out the fucking jump puzzle after killing the knight. Duh.

Hint: You need to kill the knight, then run under the jump puzzle start for it to materialize, and if you are alone, you have to run the puzzle to the end of each platform otherwise the next jump want show up. I sat there thinking it just popped up after you kill him, which it does not. I was getting frustrated as hell until some guy came along and did it as I watched, then it all clicked.

4. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:47 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Well shit, guess I'll never see that fucker.

5. Oct 7, 2019 at 8:49 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    That's A LOT of time in PvP. I'll get it. It's just not high on my priority list. Once I finish everything in Shadowkeep I'll jump back in PvP since I always enjoyed it and it gave me something to chase after when there was nothing left to do in the game.

6. Oct 7, 2019 at 9:15 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Wish they would do a trade thing, where you could get it and I could give you something you dont have.....ha.

7. Oct 7, 2019 at 9:42 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Lol... I'd say yes and no.

That is one thing that The Division got right. Allowing player trading. But it is only for items that drop in the game and not items you earn by doing all the steps to get that item.

My idea for Destiny has ALWAYS been to allow trading for items that are not locked behind a quest or activity. My personal opinion would be to allow trading after a Strike, Nightfall, Raid, or just running around, for 5 mins (The Division gives you 1 hour) after the item is acquired. Only those that are in that Fireteam would be eligible to trade. This goes for non quest Exotics also. I don't need 15 Goddamn Lucky Raspberries on my Hunter. So if I got another one I should be able to give it to someone else since I don't need (or want) it. But that is only for items that drop randomly. I'll be fucking damned if I'm going to give away one of my Redrix's or Luna's Howl's (or Randy's Throwing Knife when I get it). I earned them so no one else should have access to them unless they earn them. That is what Pinnacle Weapons are for. If someone want's them go get them. They are a guaranteed drop once you complete the quest.

8. Oct 7, 2019 at 10:10 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    True, I just suck at PVP so it would take a fucking year for me to get it through a PVP quest.

9. Oct 7, 2019 at 10:14 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    The more I play around with the Deathbringer the more I realize it is just a showpiece than anything at the moment. It's to show off in the tower that you've done the quest. I can find no practical purpose for it. It's fun to play with, but unless I can figure out where it will be useful I just don't see using it.

The quest is easy until the end. It's a 920 quest so I'd recommend being 915 or so. Skip all the adds and just focus on breaking the shield of the wizards singing their song. You have one min to break the shield. Kill three of them and that's it. Pretty easy. I'll most likely use it for infusion fuel until I see a reason for it (if there ever is one?).

10. Oct 7, 2019 at 10:16 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Well... one thing about it. They have made it a little bit easier. You no longer go down in Glory rank if you lose. You just remain stagnate. So if you win a few matches and also go positive in the match you will gain Glory points. But you won't go down in rank like you used to. I'm not sure how I personally like that change but it should make it easier to get.

It took me two weeks to get the original Redrix Claymore during the season. Took me a little longer to get the Luna's Howl since I suck with Hand Cannons.

11. Oct 7, 2019 at 11:34 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Yeah, well....your sucking and my sucking are on two totally different planes. I can hold my own in the games, but in PVP fuck that shit, I MAY get a kill in a game.....MAY!!!

12. Oct 7, 2019 at 11:38 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Lol

13. Oct 7, 2019 at 11:48 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I guess I don't understand the opposition against PvP. Are you going to suck at first? Hell yes you are. I know I did. But once you learn the maps and how others play it's not a big deal. Practice makes perfect. The more you play the better you get. All it is, is a game mode. That's it. It's like PvE but you're playing against other people and that just makes you a better player. I've never understood the hate?

14. Oct 7, 2019 at 11:52 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Because its frustrating to get my ass kicked SOOOO bad. Thats why, its not that I hate PVP, its that I hate how bad I suck at it.

But, you're right, I just need to play more.

15. Oct 7, 2019 at 12:27 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Once you see how other people play then you will get a flow for how the games go. When I started out I sucked. And I mean I SUCKED!!!! But the more I watched how other people were playing and developed a play style that fit my game I got a lot better. Then, eventually I got to a point that I could go Flawless most weekends. It's a slow climb and as long as you aren't worried about your K/D just go in and have fun. Watch what others are doing and try to adapt what they are doing to your play style. Once you learn all the maps you'll learn the lanes, where the majority of the fighting is going to take place, and what weapons are most likely being used for the current Meta. After that... It becomes a lot of fun. One thing to remember... as good as you are... there is ALWAYS someone out there better. But I've learned so much just by figuring out how others killed me and not make that mistake again. Sometimes you just get outplayed and that's okay. Sometimes you will outplay another. Again... it's just another game mode.

16. Oct 8, 2019 at 3:01 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
  17. Oct 8, 2019 at 3:27 AM
    deadpocketss

deadpocketss Dingus

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '10 Barcelona Red ACLB MT 2.7L PreRunner (Mia)
    She runs. What more can I ask for?
    Yeah, wasn't sure of the light cap when I started the Forsaken campaign. Probably should've looked itup. Shadowkeep Campaign didn't really do any good as far as leveling. Most of my 900+ drops have been off of the "Do 8 bounties" things.

I suck(ed) at PvP. Once I stopped worrying about KD and win ratio, I feel like I started playing better. Now the only thing that bugs me is when people don't play the damned objective. That and getting matched with a 5-6 man clan fireteam while solo queueing.

18. Oct 8, 2019 at 3:39 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Once I hit 900 I started the campaign for Shadowkeep. I leveled up pretty fast by doing just the campaign. But once you hit 900 then the entire map opens for all of your weekly things to do that will really level you up. I hit 922 just by doing those and the exotic quest for the Deathbringer.

You will lose more than half of your games if you solo queue into Comp. It's just the way that it is. You will almost always be running against a stacked team so I never solo queue into Comp. Regular Crucible??? I don't care if the team wins or loses. I'm just there to pad my K/D. But in Comp? I'll never solo queue.

*EDIT* I'm still pissed that they took Trials out of the game. That was the one thing I looked forward to each weekend. I still to this day don't know why they won't put it back in. Bungie knows what everyone wants out of Trials. 3v3 Elimination just like in D1. Trials sucked in D2. We played it and went flawless 8 times. But I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did in D1.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  19. Oct 8, 2019 at 3:51 AM
    deadpocketss

deadpocketss Dingus

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '10 Barcelona Red ACLB MT 2.7L PreRunner (Mia)
    She runs. What more can I ask for?
    Yeah, I've just been doing bounties and trying to knock out some of the quests that I have. I haven't gotten to Deathbringer yet, though. I'll probably start that sometime this week.

I've just been doing Classic Mix or straight up Clash as far as PvP goes. I don't usually get sweaty about it unless I gang up with the clan to do Trials or Iron Banana.

20. Oct 8, 2019 at 3:52 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I edited my post above. They removed Trials which sucks.

To Top