1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Oct 23, 2019 at 7:11 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    The best place that I've found to farm for legendaries is the Vex Offensive. Each chest drops at minimum 2 legendaries along with a bunch of random legendary drops from random enemies. It only takes about 15 mins to complete and you come out of it with a lot of loot to break down (or keep in the case of my Sub).

2. Oct 23, 2019 at 3:25 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Oh... I forgot to mention. Go to Spider and buy 2 shards each day. It will cost you 30 Legendary Shards but it's a quick and easy way to get shards. I wouldn't buy more than 2 each day though because the price doubles each time you buy one. The first one is 10 the second is 20 the third is 40 and so on....

3. Oct 23, 2019 at 4:28 PM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I also stock up when he is selling planetary stuff for 1 shard each. I try to keep everything around 1000.

4. Oct 23, 2019 at 5:10 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Damn... I don't have nearly as much material as you do lol. I keep everything around 100 or so.

5. Oct 24, 2019 at 6:48 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Shit, been doing that grind for weeks.

6. Oct 28, 2019 at 10:05 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Holy shit... I stayed up last night until almost 4am playing Crucible working on the Randy's Throwing Knife quest (and by proxy the Recluse quest also). Went to bed and slept for about 3 hours and got back up and played all... day... long... to get this quest done. This quest is no joke. It's was harder than getting the original Redrix / Luna's howl. I never went for The Mountain Top since I quit right after I got the Luna's Howl. But this fucking quest was stupid hard. Getting to 2100 in Glory didn't take me but about an hour. I suppose they changed up SBMM? But I went in solo (which honestly? is the best way to do it right now) and we stomped the shit out of every team.

This block literally got me to 2108 Glory

[​IMG]

I should mention during this part of the quest on the climb to 2100 glory... use whatever gun you are most comfortable with. It's not worth taking a Scout Rifle into Competitive just for the few kills you will get with it. Once you hit 2100 Glory jump into regular Crucible and start the long climb up through the quest.

The quest requires:
    • Enemies defeated and medals: 14,000
    • Glory earned: 2,100
    • [Scout Rifle] Final blows: 450
    I got the Scout Rifle final blows done longgggggggg before I got the 14,000 medals. It is not clear on which medals give you progress. I'd go some games and get a bunch of different medals and the bar wouldn't move. So I finally got online and figured out that if you pull out a Fusion Rifle and get Cold Fusion medals they count the most. So I just ran around mobbing people with a fusion rifle the entire rest of the day. That part was actually fun but by then I was so fucking tired of Crucible that I was just ready for it to be over. But that's the problem when I see something that I want. I'll spend every waking moment doing that activity until I get it.

Finally at around 8pm I finished the entire quest line.

So... The Randy's Throwing Knife? Is it worth it? I don't know yet? I haven't taken it back into Crucible. Mainly because I'm fucking SICK of Crucible. But I did get killed with it a few times. But I don't think that many people have it yet so that might be why? I didn't realize it is a full auto Scout Rifle though and that's pretty awesome. And I think it's the only 260 archetype Scout Rifle in the game. It has perfect stability so it's easy as fuck to keep a bead on the targets head and it fires fast so I think it will compete in Crucible when I decide to go back into it.

The Recluse on the other hand... Jesus... That gun is just stupid (and easy to get). All you have to do is hit 2100 Glory and it's yours so I'm sure a lot of you already have it or been killed by it so you already know how good it is.

Anyway... Here they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Pchop likes this.
  7. Oct 29, 2019 at 5:24 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Where is your crucible rank. Looked at the app and I dont see it.

Just out of morbid curiosity I want to see how far in the negative I am and that I will have to overcome.

8. Oct 29, 2019 at 5:30 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    Do you have to get a quest for the Recluse, or it just drops when you hit 2100?

9. Oct 29, 2019 at 5:31 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Yeah, pretty much what I thought....the only one of those two I may have a shot at.

Actually, after playing capture the flag I had a good time so maybe there is hope.

10. Oct 29, 2019 at 7:44 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Here are my ranks for PvP down to the number of kills and what weapons I use most often. You can also go to Destiny Tracker or Guardian gg to find out. *EDIT* As you can tell... I spend most of my time in Crucible on the Hunter.

Here's yours.

Pick up the quest from Shaxx. All you have to do is hit 2100 in Competitive.

Lol... Playing regular Crucible and Competitive are two completely different animals. Control is six players and right now Competitive is 3v3 Elimination where each team shares a pool of 5 lives. Once you hit 5 lives you or whoever dies on the 5th life is knocked out. It is an extremely fast paced game where it is in your face almost the entire time. All it was yesterday was Hand Cannons, Shot Guns, and rushing Hunters. That's fine since it fits my play style. It reminds me of Trials how it plays. Control on the other hand is much slower paced. Or, I should say you can take it at a slower pace. Competitive? Not so much. If you play in the Valor rank your Valor doesn't go down if you lose. If you play in the Glory rank (competitive) your Glory goes down if you lose. And although it isn't as bad as it used to be, it also takes into account how you play in the match. So if you do good but your team sucks, you don't get as much of a penalty but you still go down in rank. So basically... you want to win all your matches.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  11. Oct 29, 2019 at 8:57 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    You can also pick up the quest for the Revoker Sniper Rifle from Shaxx at the same time as the Recluse. The quest is a little bit harder though as it requires you to get so many Sniper kills in Crucible etc... It is an awesome Sniper for Crucible but I just don't snipe in Crucible and rarely do I get sniped by anyone. I've got a buddy in the clan and that's all he does is snipe and he's a god at sniping. But I just can't snipe like he does and that is reflected in my sniping count on the PvP page.

12. Oct 30, 2019 at 6:21 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    So here is a bit of advice, if you got the latest patch, and you go through Eris's quest to open the Dungeon.....dont think it will find 2 other players to go in with you. Rearview was running a raid, and Tenbeers was at a Tool concert :rolleyes: and I didn't feel like asking anyone from my clan to go do it (it was late to deal with), so thinking it would pair me up like a strike I went into the Dungeon......alone.
    Instead of just bailing, since its new I decided fuck it, just run it and see how far I can get.
    Well, you need three for a reason, I made it to the boss, at least the first one, don't know whats after him, but you need to be carrying your swords that you pick up along the way, and one Warlock can't carry three swords......
    Pretty cool though, and the jumping/fall down there is pretty nerve wracking......

Oh, you will def want to be over 940. I'm 954-956 and it took a minute to kill all the knights and ogres by myself just to get to the knight (he's the first enemy) that you need to kill with the 3 swords.....and there is ZERO respawns. You die, you start over.

13. Oct 30, 2019 at 6:26 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Well, I guess you can run it solo. Just found a youtube video of a guy that did it. I wasn't going to run it flawless though.

14. Oct 30, 2019 at 7:46 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Let me guess before I even look. It was most likely Essoteric [sp?] that ran it solo?

15. Oct 30, 2019 at 7:48 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    :rofl:

upload_2019-10-30_10-45-43.jpg
    upload_2019-10-30_10-46-3.jpg

16. Oct 30, 2019 at 7:55 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Lol... figured. He solo's everything. Dude is pretty amazing. He has soloed shit that you wouldn't think could be soloed. What's even more amazing is he soloed it on the day it came out. He used to (I suppose still does?) post videos of running the NF's and getting high scores. It was pretty impressive watching him throw grenades where they needed to be before the AI had even spawned in.

The Legend Himself (clan) used to do shit like that with the raids etc... I always liked when they 2 manned VoG. I would have never thought to do what they did at Atheon. It would have never crossed my mind to do it that way but it works.

Pretty impressive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSIggFG4KP8

17. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:13 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Holy flashback batman.

The graphics sucked back then. I remember way different. Probably because it was new.

Sucks compared to now. Looks like Asteroids or PacMan compared to the new TV's and game graphics. Amazing.

Hard to believe that was 5 years ago, and that we have been playing that long.

18. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:29 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Shit... I created this video in 2016. Doesn't seem that long ago. Graphics don't look that bad considering they are still running the same engine and almost the same graphic settings as D1

Old school Oryx on Challenge hyperlapsed. Condensed 16 mins of gameplay into 6:43

BTW... these are the exact same people from the clan that I ran with last night. We haven't all been together since the Leviathan. It was a fucking blast and although we didn't finish, it was so much fun failing lol. How we ever get shit done I'll never know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBk9rihi7E4

19. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:42 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
  20. Oct 30, 2019 at 9:40 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Xenophage 1st quest step to get the new exotic Machine Gun. I'll work on this throughout the day and post along the way.

*EDIT* I should point out to visit Eris first just in case someone has the portal open which makes it faster to get to where you need to go. It wasn't open so I went the second way. Just follow the path that I took.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPxpaErXsHQ

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Pchop likes this.
To Top