1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Dec 12, 2019 at 3:43 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Oh... I've played with the Komodo and it's pretty damn fun to play with. It's actually has pretty good impact (especially if you use Box Breathing). But it's no Izinagi's Burden or Whisper by any stretch of the imagination. I'm really not sure what it's good for honestly? It will take down most shielded yellow bar enemies in one shot so that's nice. But when it comes to a DPS phase? Nah... I wouldn't use it at all. It might have some use in parts of the raid while clearing out certain adds and taking down the Cyclops since it's so easy to aim and the fire rate is the fastest firing Linear Fusion Rifle in the game. It literally fires like a sniper. I can see it being really good in Gambit for invading or killing invaders. So it has a use. It's just not that special in reality. The Randy's Throwing Knife was / is so much better as it is a true Pinnacle weapon. This Fusion Rifle is just kind of strange with the perks it has on it. If you want it, go for it. But it's definitely not something you "need". The Randy's Throwing Knife is one of the best weapons in the game right now for PvE and PvP. It's just an all around great weapon. I wish the Komodo was the same but it just isn't.

2. Dec 12, 2019 at 10:53 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Okay... they said they nerfed the Recluse. But if they did? I can't tell it. It's still a monster and will destroy. I'm still getting used to the Fusion Rifle. I haven't got the timing right on it because I expect it to fire slower than it actually does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UQy6fYmsPo

3. Dec 17, 2019 at 9:49 AM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    Before the nerf non crits were getting more boost with master of arms then they were supposed to. So if you hit crits mostly you won't notice a difference. I use an erintil anyway so....

4. Dec 17, 2019 at 9:57 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I don’t notice much of anything with it. I still use the shit out of it. Of course the meta has changed in crucible now and it’s starting to favor side arms which is fine. When I was going for the Komodo last week there weren’t many going for it at the time. Now it’s almost all Arbalest in the crucible. Last night was the first time I’ve stepped foot back in there after hitting 5500. It’s sweaty as fuck right now.

5. Dec 17, 2019 at 10:00 AM
    def67

def67 Silly Milly

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    I just can't bring myself to going for the pinicle fusion in crucible. Got randy's last season. Also got the undying title, probably not going to try for the new title but who knows.

6. Dec 17, 2019 at 10:23 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    The fusion isn’t anything that you “have” to have. It’s just easy to get. Since it’s in the game I figured why not? Now... the Randy’s Throwing Knife? Yeah... that was definitely worth going after especially with this artifact.

def67 likes this.
  7. Dec 17, 2019 at 10:24 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    And I want this title more than all the other titles just for my own fucked up reasons lol.

def67 likes this.
  8. Dec 17, 2019 at 2:52 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Okay.... since sidearms are (kind of) the new meta (excluding shotguns) in PvP, I highly recommend you picking up The Rattler out of your collections. If you played D2 year 1 then you most likely have this in your collections. I was playing Crucible last night and there was some guy wearing me out with it every time I went up against him. I seemed to remember the name of the gun but I couldn't place where I had seen it before? Then I got to looking through my collections and pulled it out and used it this afternoon since you have to go into Crucible during one part of the new quest line that dropped today. And it is awesome! It will burn people down quickly and it doesn't matter that it is a static rolled weapon. It makes sense, since this is a Veist weapon and almost all the new weapons and Armor in the new expansion are centered around Veist. Even the ornament you can buy from Eververse for your armor. All the new Pinnacle weapon names are centered around animals: Buzzard, Komodo, Python, etc... so it makes sense that The Rattler would be kind of an ester egg weapon to be pulled out of collections. Shot Guns are still strong but this will stop a rushing Shot Gunner before he can reach you due to the rate of fire and impact. I got a double kill of one magazine so it's pretty powerful. I highly recommend trying it out. You might be pleasantly surprised.

[​IMG]

Where it's found in your collections

[​IMG]

There were a few other Sidearms that were king in D2 year 1 such as the Last Dance and Last Hope. So they might be worth pulling out also? I dunno. I just know The Rattler does some work in PvP.

Pchop likes this.
  9. Dec 17, 2019 at 3:16 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    It's kind of like pulling out the Darkest Before Pulse Rifle out of collections from Trials of the Nine (if you have it). It is a rapid fire frame with full auto and it competes very well in this new meta of rapid fire Pulse Rifles. Full auto means you will not have to rely on human error to fire the weapon at its optimal fire rate and it will also allow you to concentrate on keeping the target centered instead of trying to keep the target centered and pulling the trigger. Full auto is almost always a good choice.

Pchop likes this.
  10. Dec 18, 2019 at 4:32 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    *Spoiler Alert* In case you don't want to know what the story line looks like for Saint 14 this week (forgot to capture the quest last week but it was awesome)

So this is the Saint 14 quest after you do all the items required to open the next two obelisks. It's a 900 quest so be prepared for a fight (especially at the end). I went in solo and never died. But I the advice I would give is bring a good Scout Rifle, something to deal with adds (Recluse is always a perfect option for that), and a sniper (I used the Komodo Crucible Pinnacle weapon). It's 28 mins long and would probably go much faster in a fireteam. But I wanted to do it solo. So if you have time and want to see what the fight has in store and how to finish the final part, here it is. It's pretty epic that Bungie has created these time gated quests that are pretty lengthy and well fleshed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_eTMKchrL8

11. Dec 18, 2019 at 4:46 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Be on shortly

12. Dec 19, 2019 at 4:52 AM
    mynewtoy

mynewtoy I like men

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab 4x4
    Detriot locker rear ARB air locker front 4.56 gears OME 3" lift, SPC uca's , moto metal 951 wheels 315/75/r16 Treadwright guard dogs, homemade front plate bumper with smittybilt 9.5k winch, homemade skids, homemade Bed bars, Mobtown offroad high clearance rear bumper with tire carrier, Homemade rock sliders , U-bolt flip, Wheeler's super bumps, BORA 1" wheel spacers , Black headlight mod , black tail lights, Satoshi Grill , autoPage C3 RS-665 alarm with remote start, flowmaster 40 series exhaust, cruise control,bed/ground effect lights, wet okole seat covers, tinted,windows, weather tech floor mats, AVS vent shades, debadged, hidden cobra 19 cb, 7" offroad lights behind grill, rear diff breather relocate, abs kill switch
    The new sidearm from the Nessus obelisk is bonkers. I have farmed a few rolls but haven’t gotten the “god roll” kill clip and feeding frenzy. For add clear it’s as good as recluse

13. Dec 19, 2019 at 6:28 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I've opened all of them but only have Mars up to level 10 and the Tangled Shore up to level 9. I've got so much material that I could probably level either the EDZ or Nessus up to 10 right now. I haven't linked either Nessus or the EDZ up to the Sundial yet so I haven't farmed those weapons. But I'll definitely have to farm the sidearm. I'll level those up to 10 next since I'm actively going for this seasons title and level 10 is all you need for the Triumph. I would highly recommend linking up the Sundial to Mars and farming the Marty Grenade Launcher (you can pick up the frame also and level it at the same time). It is a fucking blast to play with. All you're really looking for on it is Lead from Gold in the final column. The other rolls don't really matter all that much. It's a legendary but it feels like an exotic should feel. You can also farm the Bygones if you don't have one from Gambit. I've got a god roll Bygones so I haven't messed with it since I can't get a better roll. But if you need a top tier Pulse Rifle that is an easy way to get one.

I've been mostly concentrating on leveling up the season pass since the better stat rolled armor starts at level 37 and getting higher level drops out of the 100k NF, the Master Nightmare Hunts, and the Dungeon. Don't even waste your time on the Master NF as I haven't had anything better than Enhancement Prisms to drop out of those and the occasional exotic. They just aren't worth doing for the time invested IMO. All of those activities listed (with the exception of the Master NF) will drop an item that is two levels higher than your current level so they are worth farming.

Quite honestly I wasn't expecting much out of this expansion but it has exceeded my expectations. I like the way that they are drip feeding us content just fast enough to where you finish one piece of content, farm for a bit, and then move on to the next piece of content. That said... I could give a shit about the Dawning event. I'll level the oven back up to masterwork but if the only real thing you can expect to reliably get out of it is the Sub Machine Gun then I don't care. It sucks!!!! I've gotten two of them so far and one with a god roll and even with a god roll it is trash. The stability is one of the lowest out of any weapon in the game at 13-15. It's useless in PvP and mediocre in PvE. I'll keep my Recluse even though usage of that has dropped off dramatically in Crucible in favor of Sidearms. It's still great for add clearing and it still does good work in Crucible. But the meta has shifted so I'll shift along with it. I do miss having anti barrier rounds on it though.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    mynewtoy and Pchop like this.
  14. Dec 19, 2019 at 6:54 AM
    mynewtoy

mynewtoy I like men

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab 4x4
    Detriot locker rear ARB air locker front 4.56 gears OME 3" lift, SPC uca's , moto metal 951 wheels 315/75/r16 Treadwright guard dogs, homemade front plate bumper with smittybilt 9.5k winch, homemade skids, homemade Bed bars, Mobtown offroad high clearance rear bumper with tire carrier, Homemade rock sliders , U-bolt flip, Wheeler's super bumps, BORA 1" wheel spacers , Black headlight mod , black tail lights, Satoshi Grill , autoPage C3 RS-665 alarm with remote start, flowmaster 40 series exhaust, cruise control,bed/ground effect lights, wet okole seat covers, tinted,windows, weather tech floor mats, AVS vent shades, debadged, hidden cobra 19 cb, 7" offroad lights behind grill, rear diff breather relocate, abs kill switch
    Yeah I like martyrs. I have a god roll one with lead from gold.
    I have took it through the sundial a few times.
    I loaded up my armor with grenade launcher ammo finders and loaders and run a heavy grenade launcher with it. I never came close to running out of ammo. Oh it was the grenade buff day too. That was fun

I like the new smg from the dawning. It’s not the best but I like huckleberry too. I don’t have to worry about the stability like y’all do.

RearViewMirror likes this.
  15. Dec 19, 2019 at 7:14 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    See @RearViewMirror !!!! He likes the Huckleberry too, ha.

Love that gun. Not as good as the subjunctive masterworked with a god roll or almost god roll but I love that SMG, especially the auto loading after a kill (I think that is what makes it so awesome).
    I've been running the Bug out bag since I got that though. Thing is a buzz saw. I like it so much I MW'ed that one as well.

mynewtoy[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Dec 19, 2019 at 7:15 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Very true! Stability is an issue on console no doubt. I think that's why (before the nerf) 150-180 Hand Cannons were so popular (and still are in comp at high levels).

Yesterday was a lot of fun in the Sundial since brawler was active. I love brawler since I'll put on Ophidia Spathe and never ever run out of throwing knives. Strikes when brawler is active are fun for the same reason. I've run entire strikes and never once fired a weapon.

Once I get a second set of armor with good stats on it I'll run grenade launcher mods since I run Mountaintop quite a bit. But as it stands right now, I still run Randy's more than anything since it has anti barrier rounds on it. But triple grenade launchers that all do something different? That sounds like fun.

mynewtoy[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Dec 19, 2019 at 7:18 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    The Huckleberry is great (on PC). It's okay on console. Tell me how many people you see actively running it on console? It's not worth wasting an exotic slot on console since there are much better weapons that can (and will) take its place.

mynewtoy likes this.
  18. Dec 19, 2019 at 7:20 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    I agree, you told me that, which is why you dont see me running it. It's been vaulted. It's still a fun gun though.

19. Dec 19, 2019 at 7:31 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I like the perks on it. Too bad it sucks on console.

I also like the perks on the Bad JuJu but it just won’t compete against other Pulse Rifles. It’s great for a completely solo player that wants to burn a lot of supers and (theoretically) never run out of ammo or have to reload. But in a group? Nah...

The quest to get it is a lot of fun though.

20. Dec 19, 2019 at 2:54 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Well... that didn't take nearly as long as I was expecting? Only took me a couple hours in Gambit to complete. One more thing marked off the checklist for the Savior title.

[​IMG]

And I got a decent Bug Out Bag in the process. I love the perk Slideways (even though it's better on a Shotgun).

[​IMG]

To Top