1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. May 20, 2020 at 10:18 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Believe me... we aren't the oldest.

2. May 20, 2020 at 11:36 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    How old do you think the oldest guys are. Figured most of the older guys would be in COD or something like that.

3. May 20, 2020 at 11:37 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    All are about our age in the clan

4. May 20, 2020 at 11:40 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
  5. May 23, 2020 at 7:49 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    My new favorite Shotgun. The quest sucked and as far as bugs go, it couldn't have happened at a worse time for Bungie considering this has been the worst season / expansion since Curse of Osiris (maybe even worse than Curse of Osiris). But the end result ended up being one of the best Shotguns in the game. As far as Perk combinations, you can not get any better than these. You could farm for a Mindbenders for months and never end up with this god roll. It is the most consistent Shotgun I've used so far. I didn't think anything could make me take the Mindbenders off but it's going in the vault now.

This is the perfect step between a pellet Shotgun to a slug Shotgun. I suck with slug Shotguns and this ended up being the perfect middle ground. I've played 3 match with it so far and in those matches I just ran around and aped with it. 46 kills with just this Shotgun in 3 matches.

I like it so much that I actually spent money on the cosmetic skin and that is very rare for me to buy anything from Eververse. The last thing I bought from Eververse was the skin for Whisper of the Worm 2 years ago.

[​IMG]

6. May 23, 2020 at 7:57 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you look at it), I got a God Rolled Summoner out of Trials yesterday and it takes the same slot as Felwinter's Lie so that sucks. But Jesus Christ this thing is a fucking laser beam. And next season they are buffing Dynamic Sway Reduction so it will be even more of a laser beam. Damn near maxed out Handling makes this thing so easy to aim. Suros? What Suros? With a mag of 47 it will shred through people with Rampage. It's now my new go to Auto.

[​IMG]

7. May 24, 2020 at 12:11 AM
    CoreysIRTaco

CoreysIRTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC TRD
    None
    Yoooooo, I’m new to the forums I didn’t know there was a destiny thread

8. May 24, 2020 at 7:32 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    What platform?

9. May 24, 2020 at 10:29 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    So I'm going to break down the way that I have set up my Hunter for the way that I play PvP. I understand that for most this will be a TL;DR post and that's fine. This is mostly for @Pchop 's benefit and if it helps someone understand the process of the how and why I have my character set up the way that works for me, then that might be beneficial to you also.

Be aware... This is going to be very picture heavy. But there is a reason for that which you will see and hopefully understand. It's the only way that I know how to break this down to where it makes sense. I'm going to break this post up into the two different ways that I play so it hopefully won't be an overload of information.

This past week, since there was only 20 days left in the season at the time, I took my character from 3600 to 5500 in Competitive by playing Freelance Survival by myself and did it in two days. No help from anyone.

[​IMG]

This is my go to load out for the vast majority of matches I play. This will make sense as this goes on. Take special note of the stats on the side as that will come into play later.

[​IMG]

My go to subclass that I play almost 100% of the time. I will be the first to admit that there are arguably more useful subclasses but this is the one that I have personally perfected for my play style. There is one change that I make depending on the map and that is using Strafe Jump instead of Triple Jump. But at the risk of confusing @Pchop I'll leave that for a later discussion.

[​IMG]

I will break this down from a sniping build and in the next post from a shotgun build. As each item is hovered over you can see that I only keep the armor that I can quickly swap out in a uniform order to quickly switch from a Sniper build to a Shotgun build. All other armor is vaulted.

Sniper Build: Note... to create a full out Sniper build you will need all of your armor to be Void to utilize all of the Sniper Mods.

Helmet: Enhanced Scatter Projectile Targeting for the Auto Rifle and Sniper Rifle Targeting for better target acquisition for the Sniper.

[​IMG]

Gauntlets: Sniper Rifle Loader and Enhanced Auto Rifle Loader

[​IMG]

Chest Armor: Void and it doesn't matter if it's a Sniper load out or a Shotgun load out. No matter the element, the only thing that Chest Armor offers is reserve ammo for whatever weapon you are using. So I never change the Chest Armor

[​IMG]

Leg Armor: I will never take off Stomp-EE's in PvP no matter what Subclass I might be running. These are the Void pair (AKA the Sniper pair) with Enhanced Sniper Rifle Dexterity and Traction for faster sprint speed, higher jump, faster turn radius, and hidden Mobility stat.

[​IMG]

Cloak: Perpetuation to reduce the cool down of my dodge by actually using my dodge. That is a win win in my book. My dodge comes back within 25 secs or so. And since I use Gamblers Dodge on each load out, if I dodge remotely close to an opponent then I get my smoke back immediately to shut down a lane or actually throw smoke on an opponent. Remote Connection for the extra super ability per Sniper kill.

[​IMG]

I understand that there are a lot of people that try to max out certain stats to 100 and I get it. But when you do that, you do it at the cost of reducing other useful stats. That doesn't appeal to me.

This is the setup I use 90% of the time unless I am running the Suros with the Beloved Sniper. It's a toss up between using the God Rolled Summoner Auto Rifle / Revoker or the Suros and the God Rolled Beloved. But no matter what, the armor doesn't change for this build.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Pchop likes this.
  10. May 24, 2020 at 10:31 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Second post incoming in a few.

11. May 24, 2020 at 10:53 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Shotgun Build for my Hunter

This is the setup I use whenever I use a Shotgun in PvP. With the introduction of Felwinter's Lie, there is no better Shotgun in the game now (with the exception of Slug Shotguns that have ungodly range on them). But for a pure Shotgun build, you can not go wrong with Felwinter's Lie. It will beat a God Rolled Mindbenders any day.

To create this build you will need all of your armor to have Arc Element to be able to use all of the Shotgun mods.

[​IMG]

Helmet: Enhanced Scatter Projectile Targeting and Shotgun Targeting

[​IMG]

Gauntlets: Enhanced Shotgun Loader and Fastball for further Grenade throw distance.

[​IMG]

Chest Armor: Same as above. Doesn't matter because all it allows for is extra ammo reserves and that is useless in PvP

[​IMG]

Leg Armor: Stomp-EE's again but this time in Arc for the Shotgun mods. Shotgun Dexterity and Traction for the reasons mentioned above

[​IMG]

Cloak: Pump Action for the extra super energy per Shotgun kill and Distribution for lowering the time for all abilities for using your dodge.

[​IMG]

Again, the stats remain almost exactly the same with the exception of Mobility on this Shotgun build. Mobility is lower and I wish it were higher. But due to using the hidden perk found in Stomp-EE's I still get my dodge back within 35 secs. Everything else remains almost the same.

12. May 24, 2020 at 11:10 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I'll go into stats just a little bit on what I personally value the most for my play style. I understand that this will not apply to everyone because everyone plays differently.

Mobility: I do value Mobility but not to an extent that it would take away from other stats that I value more. Besides... Running Stomp-EE's helps make up for any lost Mobility due to the hidden Mobility perk found in them.

Resilience: I value this very much. But to an extent. Do not ever let your Resilience drop below 50. Even better... Do not ever let your Resilience drop below 60 if you can keep from it. Anything below 50 and you will have a very hard time surviving a 1v1 with someone using the exact same weapon as you if they are running higher Resilience. Above 60, you start to get into diminishing returns. So anything around 60 and you should be fine.

Recovery: I also value this very much as it dictates how fast you recover your health and shield after a fight. Obviously the more recovery you have the faster your health returns. But anything over 60 - 70 starts to have diminishing returns and you are talking about less than a second in recovery time.

Discipline: I value this very, very much. But it is very hard to get your Discipline up to a level to where it isn't affecting your other stats. So as long as I can have my Grenades in the 40 sec range? I can live with that.

Intellect: I value this very little. That is probably a controversial statement since most people want their Super to come up as fast as possible. But the way that I personally play, my Super comes up very fast just due to the number of kills I get. So I personally don't put a lot of effort into Intellect

Strength: I value this very little also. Mainly because I run Gamblers Dodge and as long as I am remotely close to someone when I dodge I get my Melee (Smoke) back immediately. So I don't put a lot of effort into having a high Strength build.

13. May 24, 2020 at 11:18 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    And one final thing. This is how I keep my weapons organized to be able to quickly swap them out on the fly. I keep them this way all the time and it never changes. I know exactly where each weapon is before my menu even comes up.

Don't pay attention to the weapon that is highlighted. Pay attention to how each weapon is sorted within that particular category.

Primary Weapons:

[​IMG]

Secondary Weapons:

[​IMG]

Heavy Weapons:

[​IMG]

I don't have to look for them when I need them really fast. They are always in the same spot.

Anyway... I know this entire thing was long but hopefully you gained something out of it.

Pchop likes this.
  14. May 24, 2020 at 1:36 PM
    CoreysIRTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC TRD
    None
    Ps4

15. May 24, 2020 at 1:37 PM
    CoreysIRTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC TRD
    None
    If any of y’all are sweats in trials and trying to carry a brother lemme know

16. May 24, 2020 at 1:52 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I run Trials recoveries. I’ve given up on trying to carry anyone anymore. It just becomes an exercise in frustration.

*EDIT* I also run recoveries for any of the Pinnacle PvP weapons.

PS4 here also.

17. May 24, 2020 at 2:22 PM
    CoreysIRTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC TRD
    None
    I got offered recoveries but I’m not giving a stranger my account to play on lol

18. May 24, 2020 at 2:28 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I don't blame you. There is no way I'd give out my account info to anyone. But... you'd be surprised how many people are willing to do it.

We have our own clan that I started way back in D1 and we utilize the100.io to create our Raids, Crucible, etc... I also got hooked up with a hardcore PvP group on the100 and we do nothing but play PvP. Started playing with them a long time ago and got hooked up with running account recoveries. Started off with getting Pinnacle Weapons from PvP for others. Then with the return of Trials I'll run anywhere from 8-10 per weekend not including my own card / cards.

19. May 24, 2020 at 2:34 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    But if you ever want to play PvP sometime that's where you'll find me in the game.

20. May 24, 2020 at 2:44 PM
    CoreysIRTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC TRD
    None
    Well I played back in the D1 days but I quit after my first flawless trials run. So I just started destiny again November of last year and I don’t really know how to do any raids except leviathan. I’m not the greatest at pvp on this game like I was on D1 which sucks.

To Top