1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Jul 9, 2020 at 9:12 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    So I got the Masterwork done on the Ruinous Effigy last night and it's a fun weapon to play around with. I can see that it could have some good uses in PvE content.

Add to that, it's just fun to play around with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5R6gmX_O6g

2. Jul 29, 2020 at 9:13 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Been a while since anyone has posted in here. Not much has been posted since the new season started so I thought I'd give a little bit of a review on this season so far. Compared to last season, this season has actually been very good. Especially PvE wise. Last season completely sucked for anyone that wanted to play PvE but this season has been much better. Mainly because of the inclusion of the Recaster. That, makes all the difference in the world for this season. Being able to farm god rolls of pretty much any previous weapon is very well done. Once you level up the Recaster far enough you gain a second perk to choose from on the final column of whatever weapon you want which up's your chances of getting that god roll of whatever you like. The standout so far this season has been farming for the god roll Gnawing Hunger for PvP. I can not tell you how many I've farmed but it's been a fuck ton of them. I've gotten two god rolls that I'm really happy with and they compete very well this season in PvP.

Speaking of PvP. @Pchop Since Bungie has done away with SBMM in favor of CBMM, it's made PvP very interesting to say the least. EVERY match we play now is a pure and complete sweat fest. We played for a few hours tonight and almost everyone we went up against was rocking either an "Unbroken" or "Flawless" title. That's fine because I love the challenge and I'm rocking those titles also. But since they have switched to CBMM only the hard core players are playing PvP now. It has basically excluded the casual players which is kind of a shame honestly. There is no place for a casual player in regular PvP right now. They will get fucking destroyed. So I'm not sure which I like more? SBMM or CBMM? It doesn't bother me in the least that every match that "I" play is going to be sweaty. It would be that way whether it was connection based or skill based. So "personally"... I like CBMM since I don't have to deal with anyone with trash connections (or very rarely). But on the flip side of that coin... It is unfair to those that just want to jump in and play around in Crucible at your skill level. Sadly, that isn't the case anymore. Even in Comp where it is SBMM... I noticed that it was noticeably harder this season on the climb to 5500 (even at the low levels). So even in Comp where your skill matters and is taken into consideration. It's just as hard there as it is in Quick Play. So I don't know? I like having solid connections between whoever I'm playing against. There doesn't seem to be many "ghost bullets" anymore. But this new system excludes pretty much anyone that isn't a high skill player. At least on PS4. I can only assume Xbox is the same way and I don't even want to think about PC with all of their troubles.

Clipped this tonight because it was just a couple of quick plays that I was able to get off and destroy two supers in a row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh4kjbIC29Q

This... is just funny. You can go into the Last Wish Raid and go to the "Wishing Wall" and input a certain sequence to take you to whatever boss you want to go to in the Raid (pretty ingenious idea actually). Along the way there are hidden chests that you can pick up. So you can loot two different hidden chests each week on all of your characters. We went down to input the sequence tonight and I already knew what I was going to do before we even dropped in. This was the outcome. Those that have done this know how long this takes. This is why we never get anything done in the game lol

*EDIT* The actual "Wish" starts at 2:25 lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0VkDDWB5Yk

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  3. Aug 16, 2020 at 4:38 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Trials has kind of dried up for a while until they revamp the loot system and put Adept weapons back in the game. Couple of clan members need 7 wins (not a flawless card), just 7 wins total. Got a message from one girl in our clan needing help and was like... ugh... this is going to suck. Joined and they had been trying to eek out one win for the last few hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoNrwcFoZR0

I suppose that our other clanmate had had enough and called it a day lol. I was ready to see how far I could take her. But, got her one win so I'll help her get 6 more later I suppose

Pchop likes this.
  4. Aug 16, 2020 at 5:12 PM
    JayDub

JayDub Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Pendleton, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    It's been a busy summer for me, haven't really been able to play much. Admittedly, the blue solstice armor gave me a light level boost.. so I've been working on upgrading the solstice armor to have something to do.

5. Aug 16, 2020 at 6:49 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yeah, I think it drops at 1020 IIRC? If you are planning on leveling up the solstice armor DO NOT level the Titan first. The way the armor works is if you level the set on the WL or Hunter all the way up, the next character you start to level up with the solstice armor will have a x2 multiplier so it won't take nearly as long. Then after leveling the second set up, level the Titan last since it is bugged. If you level the Titan last it will give you a 3x's multiplier and won't take much time at all.

I don't plan on leveling up any of the solstice armor other than to get the legendary for the glow ornament. Once you completely level up a set of armor (which is a fucking grind), it drops at a high stat roll then you can farm chests out of the EAZ for better stat rolled armor. But my thinking is, it is so much easier just to farm out of the recaster for stat rolls you might want. I've got all the armor for my WL and Hunter set up exactly like I want it so I'm good. I just want the glow ornaments so there is no use for me to grind out the solstice armor. But for you it would be a great deal for a good stat roll on armor.

We've been farming the 1080 NF and we can burn through it in about 20 mins. You are almost always guaranteed an exotic to drop or an ascendant shard (sometimes both) plus enhancement prisms. I've got 150 prisms on each character so I'm good for leveling up armor for a very long time.

JayDub[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Aug 16, 2020 at 7:04 PM
    JayDub

JayDub Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Pendleton, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Didn't know the Titan armor was bugged.. Shame I'm almost done with the first set:annoyed:

My armor drops have been crap lately.. mostly in the high 40s and mid 50s.. I've been trying to find some pieces to replace the ones that are sunsetting soon.

7. Aug 16, 2020 at 7:07 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    As long as you don't finish the last set of armor on the Titan it won't bug the other sets. If you do completely finish the Titan set then it will bug the WL and Hunter set and not give you the extra multiplier. So as long as you don't completely finish it you should be good. It sucks that you are kind of getting screwed since you started the Titan first. Not your fault. It's just a bug in the game that someone found out about after it was too late.

8. Nov 4, 2020 at 3:52 PM
    JayDub

JayDub Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Pendleton, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Are y'all getting Beyond Light next week?

9. Nov 4, 2020 at 4:21 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yup... Only played a couple days a week just to stock up on bounties to turn in to level up the season pass. But other than that I haven't played very much this last month since there isn't anything to do right now. But I preordered it when it came out to preorder back in July (I think)

10. Nov 5, 2020 at 9:45 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Yeah, trying to get up as much as I can.

I’ve been playing off hours just to try and catch up when I can.

11. Nov 6, 2020 at 5:09 AM
    JayDub

JayDub Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Pendleton, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    Catch up? Heh. Everything is getting bumped to 1050 w/ New Light.

I have like 1.. maybe two things that are already there.:frusty:

12. Nov 6, 2020 at 7:18 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Everything I have is above 1050. I've just been trying to 100 out my season and get exotics. Currently at 85 or so on my season.

13. Nov 8, 2020 at 2:42 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I think I'm sitting at over 300 on the season pass with every single item and exotic. I've got many duplicates of armor exotics since I'm not sure when the new armor starts dropping in the new expansion which piece will actually turn out to be the best? So I'm holding on to them. I've got every weapon exotic available so that isn't an issue. I haven't played much the last couple months. Played last night with a buddy that I play with all the time and all I'm really doing is just stockpiling bounties to turn in when the new expansion comes out for a leg up on the new season pass on two characters.

He and I played a few private matches last night since I haven't played PvP in a month or so. We are both 5500 players and I won each match so I felt pretty good about that because he is one of the hardest players that I play against when we play in private matches. His playstyle is very hard to counter so I have to keep him at a distance as much as possible. He plays "Blink" on Voidwalker on his WL which is the hardest class for me to counter. Add to that, he snipes as well as I do (if not better). So I felt pretty good about winning those matches and out sniping him. That said... I think PvP is going to change drastically with the new subclasses coming out and they are buffing 140 and 110 Hand Cannons so we'll see how that plays out. I'm sitting at 1087 right now but that is just skewed just because I've reset the season pass 27 times.

14. Nov 11, 2020 at 8:36 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    So Europa is fucking huge. I've only explored parts of it during the storyline. But the active weather environments is a great addition. Also removing half the game has made everything load extremely fast so it's so much better than before. The new Stasis Subclass is a lot of fun to play around with and is also a cool edition. Got the Catalyst for the "No Time to Explain" Plus Rifle so I'm working on that also. Being able to revisit the Cosmodrome is really cool and brings back a lot of memories.

I've spent all day grinding out the Adored Sniper Rifle (exactly a Beloved 2.0) and the ornament that goes with it. That was a fucking grind. 50 boss kills in strikes, 100 precision kills, and 50 rapid kills. Then I had to go after the ornament which was another grind. But it was worth it. It's as close as you can get to a God roll Sniper. Only thing it's missing is Quickdraw.

[​IMG]

JayDub likes this.
  15. Nov 12, 2020 at 6:03 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    I dunno why I'm still watching this thread...lol. I do have the new expansion due to game pass. Not sure if I'm gonna kick this back on to see how it looks on the XSX.

16. Nov 12, 2020 at 6:07 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Other than the FPS bump I doubt it will look much different since it's still running on the same engine. There will be an FOV slider so that's a nice addition but other than that, it will most likely look the same. I can't give you a review of how good or bad this expansion is. Europa is huge and I'm sure there are a lot of things to do and find. It is a little bit of a disappointment that they removed over half the strikes and only added one new strike (albeit a fun one). I'm anxious to see what the raid holds.

The_Hodge[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Nov 12, 2020 at 8:31 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Shit, I think I have a total of 3 hours on it from last night. I downloaded it yesterday evening and just started playing it. I need to get to 1100. I tried running the campaign at 1058 and got smoked.

18. Nov 12, 2020 at 9:08 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I checked all your armor last night and all of your armor is completely outdated. Meaning you can't level it past 1060. You are going to have to get new armor or your stuck. Same thing with the weapons your using. Open up your season pass and get the armor out of the package. Otherwise your stuck.

19. Nov 12, 2020 at 10:42 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    C7FF39A1-0263-49E3-9018-6C25DA5EA00F.jpg
    A2E9B339-A3DB-430C-849B-B9231088C5E4.jpg

C01AB318-ECD9-45BC-9DF7-A23B90ABA38E.jpg

???

20. Nov 13, 2020 at 5:26 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Look at the number next to the armor when you inspect it in game. Some of the armor you had on last night can only be leveled to 1060. Which means you can not level it past 1060. That is what sunsetting is all about. Same thing with your weapons. You're still using the Recluse and every other weapon you had equipped last night but they cannot be leveled past 1060. The only thing that isn't affected are exotic items. Open up your seasons pass and remove the armor from there. You can level that armor for a year. Any new armor you get this season is good for a year. That's it. The number next to the item will tell you what level it can be leveled to.

That is one reason I didn't play with you last night is there is nothing I can do with you right now because your level is so low. You can't even run strikes. And your playing "New Light" content. Go to Europa and start playing there.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
To Top