1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Apr 21, 2022 at 1:29 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT Manual
    That was lengthy but good. Lot of good changes coming up. La Monarch shouldn't be as much of a nuisance in PvP as it is now and I can promise that it will fall out of the top ten in the Trials Meta Report next season. Spec'ing into arial accuracy is also a cool change as I "think" you will see less Hunters taking to the air and giving up other perks just to spec into airborne accuracy (I could be wrong). Stompees are getting a nerf in that aspect but I can promise that they will still be the most used exotic in PvP just due to their mobility around the map. Glaives? Still don't care. I still don't think they will ever become meta until they make them a hitscan weapon. As long as it's a projectile weapon it will still be the same no matter the changes they make. Exotic Glaives are gaining a little bit of usefulness but not enough to use them over any other exotic in the game. Wow... so they changed the arc chain for the number of enemies it will chain to with the Hunter Glaive. So fucking what. When you have Trinity Ghoul that will wipe out entire rooms of adds with no setup time what's the fucking use in using a Glaive? I just don't ever see them becoming Meta. Just not worth the trouble.

Nerfing Fusion Rifle range no matter the archetype was the right thing to do. They should not be reaching out to the distances they reach out to right now. And I run a Fusion Rifle half the time. It hits from distances it shouldn't hit from. Special Ammo economy is a good change. At least they aren't going back to what D1 had where you had to wait on the special ammo from a crate which pushed everyone into playing with sidearms or Icebreaker to bypass that change. Scavenger mods will no longer work in PvP which is great so you shouldn't see as many Shotgun / Fusion Rifle apes running around.

But... You mark my words right here and now... We will be back in a Submachine Gun meta next season when this goes live. With the range buffs they are adding to Subs? Everyone will be using them so get ready. It's coming. Fine with me because I've been abusing the Terrabah for quite awhile now. That gun is only going to get better. Especially when they finally release Solar 3.0. So get ready... They might as well not sunset the Recluse. Because it's about to be worse (depending on your perspective) than it ever was when Recluse was king.

2. Apr 21, 2022 at 1:50 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Oh... And if it wasn't already OP as it is right now... Piece of Mind is about to become even more lethal with even more Pulse Rifle buffs coming.

That said... I'm not a fan of giving other Pulse Rifles the Desperado Perk (even though they lowered the rate of fire). Desperado should (IMO) only be on weapons that you have to earn through Trials. That's what makes them special. But my Messenger that I have close to 10,000 kills on will be collecting even more dust than it is right now since Piece of Mind came out. But it shouldn't be allowed on any weapon that just drops in the world loot pool. There are some items and perks that you should have to earn and that is one of them. This isn't an "everyone gets a trophy" game. But they sure are making it that way. They first took away Pinnacle Weapons because "some" people couldn't get them. Boo fucking hoo... Punish me because I actually worked hard for those weapons. Now they are taking the most exclusive title in the game and retiring it because "some people can't get it".... oh wah... Punish me because I've spent over a year on this title and gilding that title 3 times now because someone either can't or won't put forth the effort to get it. Fuck them. To them I say GET GOOD! And I mean it... Get fucking good or shut the fuck up about it. Now we'll be reduced to another "everyone gets a trophy" title. This isn't fucking "Upwards Destiny" but they are sure making it that way.

3. Apr 21, 2022 at 2:07 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    Yeah.
    Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Kidding. I don't invest enough time in the game, and I don't expect to get titles just for showing up. Shit, I have ZERO titles. They just don't interest me. One might pop eventually just through normal gameplay, but it's not something I am going to bore myself grinding out.

But, taking away things people have earned is pretty shitty.

4. Apr 21, 2022 at 3:48 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    My thing with the titles goes back to when I played MMO's. Rocking the hardest title above your character was kind of a badge of honor (yeah... I know it sounds silly). But if someone saw you with that title then they knew what you went through to get it. Unbroken is no different. When you factor in the way seasons are broken up it can take upwards of a year to actually get that title since you have to hit 5500 in Comp in three separate seasons. Then to gild the title you have more objectives to complete with each new season. I like that as it gives me something to work for. Now that is being taken away (retired) and replaced with something "easier" to get. Fuck that...

As far a Pinnacle weapons goes... I worked for all of them and got every single Pinnacle weapon that was available. Take the Luna's Howl / Not Forgotten. The quest chain to get Luna's Howl was lengthy but only required you to hit 2100 in Comp. So by the time you were done with the quest chain you should be sitting at around 3500 in comp when you pick up Luna's Howl. Then you only had to hit 5500 in Comp (using Luna's Howl IIRC?). So once you got the Luna's Howl which was actually the hardest part because of the quest chain, all you had to do was hit 5500 then you got The Not Forgotten. They were the best in class Hand Cannons and there was a reason for that. You had to FUCKING EARN THEM. The Recluse was the easiest to get because it only involved you hitting 2100 in Comp. I could have that done in 45 mins. Recluse was easily obtainable for even the average player. Mountaintop required Grenade Launcher kills and I forget what else so it was a little harder to get but still only required 2100. The Revoker Sniper was probably the hardest IMO just because it involved SO many sniper kills plus a few other things. I earned them all only to have them sunset. I can still take them into Quickplay but what's the use? They are still great but you can't use them outside of Quickplay so all you are doing is fucking yourself by getting used to a superior weapon only to go back to something that you really need to use all the time to get comfortable with.

This shit with dumbing down the game for casual players and leaving nothing for people like me that want the most exclusive shit in the game because I'm willing to work for it is getting old. Again... This isn't "Upwards Destiny" goddamit.

5. Apr 22, 2022 at 5:24 AM
    JayDub

JayDub Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Pendleton, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    I like the changes.. can't wait to see the b*tching on reddit about it..:crapstorm:

Glad Grav Lance got a little rework.. should be fun to use in a Void build. Speaking of.. i kinda wish we had some kind of loadouts setup where we could swap out certain armor, mods, and weapons easily. I feel like Destiny is going to need something like that if they keep expanding on buildcrafting. I know there are a couple of apps that let you do similar, but I haven't found one that I like really well yet.

RearViewMirror likes this.
  6. Apr 22, 2022 at 9:30 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I do also. Can't really see what there is to bitch about with the changes that are coming but I'm sure someone will find something to bitch about. I already did with the retirement of the Unbroken Title. I didn't go over each weapon tuning numbers because I really don't use most of those weapons. I did notice that Skyburners Oath is becoming a hitscan weapon so that should make it more viable. Might be worth playing around with again. It seems Machine Guns are finally getting some love which is a good change. They have been out of the Meta for quite some time now. It's also a pretty good indication that the next reprised raid will be The Taken King. Machine Guns were the only effective heavy in that raid in D1. RL's had no place there so I'd take a guess that's why they are buffing Machine Guns.

I tried out Graviton Lance a while back and it used to be king in Crucible for quite a while before they nerfed Pulse Rifles. I loved using it back then. That said, once they buffed Pulse Rifles this season I tried out Graviton Lance since it seems like the perfect Pulse to go along with Void 3.0. But for some reason I couldn't hit shit with it? They didn't change anything as far as how the weapon feels or performs it just doesn't feel right. So the buff they are giving Graviton Lance still won't make me use it. I can't put my finger on why I don't like it anymore but I just don't. Besides... It will never compete with a god roll Piece of Mind. Plus, you have to remember we only have one season of Void 3.0 and then we'll have Solar and then Arc (may have got those backwards but you get the point). So when Solar and Arc ships everyone will be trying out those builds and Void 3.0 will fall by the wayside for a while. Once they are all released, then and only then will things settle down into specific builds. Everyone wants to play with the next new toy that Bungie releases so we'll be in that meta for an entire season and the artifact will reflect that seasons subclass option.

Nerfing the range and charge times on Fusion Rifles was the right thing to do. Also Nerfing La Monarch in PvP is a welcome fucking change. I hate that bow. They lowered the tick damage that it puts out pretty substantially so it won't be nearly as oppressive to play against. But... It's a Bow and Bow's do a huge amount of chunk damage no matter the Bow being used. But I've got a feeling they will fall out of favor for more desirable weapons. They will still be in PvP but not as dominant as they are right now. Sub Machine Guns are already pretty dominant so it's only going to get worse with the buff to Subs that they are about to get for range. Expect a Hand Cannon, Pulse Rifle, Sub Machine Gun meta for the foreseeable future.

As far as being able to have an armor set built up and easily swappable, there are sites that allow you to do just that. I don't utilize those sites even though I should because I've got a shit ton of duplicate exotics sitting in my vault and unless I level them all up and put them on my character, I've no idea which one is better for whatever build I'm going for. In MMO's you can actually have specific builds saved on your character and apply those builds on the fly when you need them. Maybe one day D2 will allow that. But if they do? It will be a long way off. My opinion is they should just do away with Gambit since no one plays Gambit. Gambit sucks and always has. I personally think it is an unsaveable playlist option. Throw that into the DCV and put your resources elsewhere to make the game better. Bungie keeps throwing shit at the wall to see what will stick with Gambit. But very few people actually play Gambit. Just do away with it. Besides... I fucking HATE the Drifter. Other than Rahool, he is my least favorite NPC in the game.

JayDub[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Apr 24, 2022 at 6:14 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Well... I tried to help my buddies kid to get Flawless. Made it to the 5th round before we got knocked out. One of the problems is the other guy from the clan I was playing with. He's a good player and has been Flawless but our styles of playing don't mix very well. He kept running off into either a double team or hell, even a triple team and "maybe" getting a kill before dying. That just made it easy for them to get their revive and left us in a 2v3 situation. 1v3 if I'm being honest. If we had a "stacked" team that would have been okay. But we had a kid with us that has no idea just how hard Trials is. So it didn't work. He's not my favorite player to play with but whatever. They got off and I LFG'd it. First group I joined we went directly to the Lighthouse and had a lot of fun doing it.

Sorry there is no audio from their end. But we got a guy to the Lighthouse for the first time. If you watch until the end I wish you could have heard how happy he was. He was a damn good player also. So I made a new friend and have another potential Trials partner.

Flawless round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qvf5MA27g8

8. May 3, 2022 at 8:39 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I didn't plan on playing Trials this weekend since I've been pretty engrossed with building track monsters in Gran Turismo 7 since it came out. I didn't play but a few hours of Destiny last week because I've done most everything there is to do in the game. But I decided I'd log over and run a card. Joined an LFG group and we ran for a few hours and had a good time. Good players and fun to hang out with. But we got knocked out on the 5th round. They got off and I joined another LFG group.

Random people I've never met but this one dude (Chris) we were playing with was a fucking beast. He was a one man army. It was amazing how many collateral shots he got off with Cloudstrike. He got a complete team wipe on one round. If you watch it you'll see how good he was. I'm just glad he was on our team. Easy card since I didn't have to do much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uCdO6QofM

9. May 17, 2022 at 10:14 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Been a while since I posted in here. Nothing much going on at the end of the season to speak of. Everything that the season has to offer has pretty much been done. Guardian Games is always meh to "me". I personally don't care about it one way or another. I do know I'm sick of getting The Title Sub Machine Gun. It's good and I've gotten every possible roll you can possibly get (how could you not they drop so often?) but it's no Funnelweb.

As far as the Vow of the Disciple Raid goes? I've quit running it. I just don't like it. It was fun the first few times I played it but now I just don't care. The only thing I'm missing out on is being able to craft the Submission Sub Machine Gun but I've already got a roll on one that I actually would craft so what's the use?

I think at this point in time I've completely turned into a PvP main. I just can't find much that is interesting to do "right now" in PvE. When next season comes out next week it will be different. But as of right now? PvP it is. Been helping clan members get their Unbroken title before it is retired and playing Trials. PvP is just so dynamic that you never know what you are going to go up against as opposed to PvE.

This is the last hour of our Comp session the other night. Each match was completely different and posed it's own set of problems to deal with. But we came out on top in every match even though it didn't look like we would. Pretty interesting gameplay. But this is what high level Comp looks like and we were just a duo. Communication is key. There are also some pretty funny moments in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kssyOLwIDWE

10. May 25, 2022 at 8:57 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Well... Solar 3.0 is here and I've got to say that I'm just not a fan. Not that the system didn't need a revamp. It did and I think they did a good job of it. But for a hunter which I never play the Solar Subclass on in the first place? It's going to be a long season. Scorching enemies just to get them to ignite takes forever (at least on the Hunter). I do like that I have access to all the solar grenades but other than that? The setup time to ignite enemies is just stupid long as opposed to making enemies volatile like last season with void. All you had to do was hit them with a void grenade or melee and they became volatile with volatile rounds doing a shit ton of damage. Now??? It's so much slower. I'm glad they made the change but it just isn't as good as Void 3.0 so far. WL's and Titans got the better deal. Hunters basically got shafted. The set up time just to get things working is just stupid long as opposed to Void 3.0 that it just isn't worth using.

The new play space in the Levithan is pretty cool but I can promise you will get old quickly. You can either go in and explore or basically treat it like the blind well. It's fun the first few times but it will be one of those things that you will do for about a week and never touch again.

Is what it is but I won't enjoy this season nearly as much as last season. Especially on the Hunter.

11. May 27, 2022 at 6:56 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Okay... after some more testing with Solar 3.0 I can confidently say that it works best on the WL. Hunters and Titans take so much setup time to make it even viable it isn't worth using. The only thing that Hunters have going for them is in PvE running Blade Barrage with the right fragments and aspects. It does the most burst damage against any boss in the game. Other than that? There is no use to run it if you are on a Hunter or Titan. I played a few rounds of PvP with it and it is meh at best. So I just switched back to Void and dominated.

Now... My complaint with PvP. I have no idea why this keeps happening to me. But I started working on gilding my Unbroken title night before last and solo queued into Control. Played 5 matches and there was not one match that I played that at least one or two on my team dropped. I don't know if it's because my ELO is so high that the game has a hard time matching me with other players or not? I've no idea what the issue is. It took screenshots of a couple games that night just to prove the amount of people that leave my matches which basically makes them unwinnable.

I was the only one on my team to go positive in this match. Rest of my team got steamrolled

[​IMG]

No one went positive in this match and we all got steamrolled because people dropped out of my team. I just don't understand why it is always my team and never the other team that loses players. It's not like we were going up against full stacks. But 4v6 us virtually unwinnable.

[​IMG]

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to ruin everyone's game from now on. I will no longer solo queue into Control again. It has become an exercise in frustration. I turned to Bungie LFG for Control K/D farm where we don't even bother capping zones. Literally just kill the entire other team. When we load in they have no idea what is about to happen to them.

What it looks like when you LFG it.

[​IMG]

Played 41 matches, never lost one, and mercy'd 40 teams in the process.

This is the first hour of running as a complete stack ignoring zones altogether. Every game was a mercy and lasted less than 5 mins or so. All I need to do now is reset my Valor one more time to gild my Unbroken title. Is this a dick thing to do? Yes it is. But fuckit... I'm so sick of people dropping out of my game that I just don't give a fuck anymore.

Don't think I ever dropped below a 6.0 during any of our matches and never had a match where I didn't get at least an Unyielding (10 kill streak) medal. Also got a fuck ton of "Ghost in the Night" and "We Ran Out of Medals" (20 kill streak). So this is how I will do it from now on. So if you should happen to see me in game running with a full stack? Drop out of that match. You won't like the outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t_UbfYX3Zw

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  12. May 28, 2022 at 11:16 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I suppose I should feel bad about this but I just don't. After time and again people dropping out of my team leaving me in a no win situation, LFG is the way to go. 63 matches today and not one lost. Mercy'd the other team almost every single match I played today.

This is just the first page of my history on my phone. But it goes on and on. I just don't give a shit anymore. I really don't. It sucks for the other team but fuckem... I've been on the other side for so long that steamrolling with a stacked team? I'll never go back. I got so many Unyielding, Ghost in the Night, We Ran out of Medals, Annihilation, and Unbeaten medals today that it's crazy.

[​IMG]

Just a few games from today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wScBO03zB6s

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  13. May 29, 2022 at 4:48 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Yeah.
    Wondering if it's just the matchmaking algorithm screwing you. I did my weekly 3 rounds yesterday and nobody dropped on either side. Good, close matches and I actually never went negative. Between Piece of Mind and my Arc Souls, I did pretty well.

But if I see you on the other team, I will drop.

14. May 29, 2022 at 9:19 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I don't know what it is honestly? But I'm sick of it. From people dropping out of something as simple as a Control match to people dropping out of Freelance Trials... I'm done...

I'm in complete and total "fuckit" mode now. I just don't care. I often wondered how a 6 stack of randoms could fuck us up so bad. Now I know exactly what is going on. Every match I played (which ended up being almost 100 since I didn't go to bed) went exactly like the videos I posted. Very few went the distance. Most were mercys.

What it looks like now for me. It will only go up from now on. Those losses??? Those came before I started doing this method.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  15. May 29, 2022 at 9:26 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I should feel bad about this but I just don't. The other team didn't even know what hit them.

[​IMG]

Here's the video of that match. This is the way almost every match went yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-egy-EEK71A

16. May 29, 2022 at 9:34 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I did figure out something else while doing this. There are truly K/D hoarders in the game. We had people drop out of even a premade match as soon as they got killed once. That isn't a big deal since we still had 5 of us in there that were good enough to still steamroll the other team. But I always wondered how someone could have a 10.0 K/D (or higher)? Now I know. They join a match, get as many kills as they can, and as soon as they get killed they drop to protect their K/D. Fucking assholes.

17. May 29, 2022 at 8:04 PM
    jobrien

jobrien shit happens then you die

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ontario California
    Vehicle:
    2011 single cab base 4x4
    Bed mat, cleats, scangauge, new headlight bulbs, weather techs, more to come
    hows the new dungeon treating yall?

18. May 29, 2022 at 9:53 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Fun. Chaotic. Especially the final boss

19. May 30, 2022 at 5:21 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Yeah.
    Well, they are going to have to do something with the matchmaking to make it competitive and fun. I take back what I said. I went in to Control to finish bounties yesterday and I think a lot of people are doing what you are doing. My first team, I was the only one with a positive K/D, so I figured it would be a shit show. Second team didn't look as bad with everyone at least positive. Both matches ended in quick mercies. If people keep being dicks, there won't be anyone left to be a dick to.

20. May 30, 2022 at 6:20 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Here's the problem. When they took away SBMM in Quickplay it allowed shit like this to happen. When SBMM was in place you would have never matched up against someone like me in a normal match (premade or not). My ELO is so high that you would have never seen me in one of your matches. The benefit to SBMM is, as your skill level increases it allows you to play in higher level skill brackets. That's how you get better at PvP in the first place. Now the only place SBMM applies is in Comp. That's it. I understand it not being in Trials because no one is forcing you into that playlist if you don't want to play it. And if you do go into Trials you already know you are going to be playing the best players in the game. But in Bungie's infinite wisdom... they changed Quickplay to CBMM for whatever reason. That allows me to play people that are all skill levels. I mean Jesus... Those videos I posted and the screenshot of the match on Javelin? How could that possibly be fun for the other team? The highest member on the opposing team had 2 kills. How is that fair? Granted we are going in with a premade team full of top tier players but still... If SBMM was in place, we wouldn't have matched up against them in the first place. That goes directly to your point of if someone just wants to jump into a PvP match and match against similar skilled players? You can't. So all CBMM does is put a bad taste in someone's mouth about PvP since they go in and get shit on by people like me (who they shouldn't be matching up against in the first place).

So yes... I am a dick but I am in complete "fuckit" mode now. I'm so sick and tired of people dropping out of my matches while solo queuing into Quickplay that I'll do it this way from now on. I will farm the shit out of the other team and I don't give one fuck about it. I've been on the receiving end of people leaving my matches constantly that I just do not care nor do I feel sorry for the other team. They will just have to take the beating. I reset my Valor rank twice this weekend. Can not tell you the number of Undefeated medals I got? Rarely did I not have an Unyielding during any match.

To Top