1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. May 30, 2022 at 6:47 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT Manual
    In all seriousness... How is this fair to the other team? But this is what CBMM gets you when you have to play people that are WAY out of your skill level.

Last matches I played last night. All of those were mercy games btw. I'd say about 80% of the matches I played this weekend never went the distance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. May 30, 2022 at 3:45 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    Yeah.
    Yeah, today went a little better, and I think I'm still holding a positive K/D, but they need to figure out a balance between CBMM and SBMM. Steamrolling the other team is going to get old for a lot of people even on the winning end. It may be fun for a little while, but it will get old, and there needs to be a place for people to learn. The most fun matches are when it is down to the wire. Losing or winning by a small margin is way more motivating.

3. May 30, 2022 at 3:57 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I agree with you with one small caveat. Steamrolling NEVER gets old. Sorry my friend... It just doesn't.

But there needs to be a change with the way that matchmaking is handled. My recommendation is if you quit out of a regular PvP match more than 3 times within a month you should be banned from playing PvP for a month. If you quit out of a Trials match (especially on the final round) you should be banned from Trials altogether for a minimum of 3 months.

Fuck you if you do any of those things.

What steamrolling got me within 3 days. Resetting my Valor twice (which takes the longest to do) which allowed me to complete all the other objectives to gild my Unbroken title in less than 3 days.

[​IMG]

4 times so far and by the time they retire it I will have it gilded 6 times.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  4. May 30, 2022 at 4:00 PM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Yeah.
    Well, you've hit on one of the problems with society today. I never quit a match even if getting steamrolled. Ever. But, I also never got a participation trophy.

5. May 30, 2022 at 4:10 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I don't quit either which is why I posted those screenshots of the games where people did quit on me. I've played Trials and Comp where I've had 2 of my teammates leave out of the game but I refuse to leave. I'll play it to the bitter end. One of two things happen in that scenario....

1: They hunt you down and still try to kill you. I try my best to take as many as I can with me. It requires you to separate them to be able to do that. A competent team won't allow that to happen. But I will do my best to take at least one with me.

2: Less common but it does happen. They will find you but not shoot you. Then it just turns into an emote party especially if they are up a game. It will go to the time limit and they will have life advantage and win anyway. So instead of ruining your K/D or boosting theirs, they know it sucks for you. Doesn't happen often but when it does it's actually really cool.

6. May 31, 2022 at 7:13 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    @TenBeers

This is the problem with the state of PvP matchmaking. This should never happen. Until they change it back to SBMM in Quickplay I’ll keep on farming. This is what CBMM gets you. Surely they have to know this was what was going to happen? I didn’t even try in this match and actually captured a zone (rare I know). I just sprayed bullets around and still came out with top damage and an Unyielding medal.

Quickest mercy ever. The other team didn't even know what hit them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AyjAlgUSHk

7. May 31, 2022 at 7:39 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    My normal loop while playing. Flying in, check if the other team are a full stack. If not? How many are running stacked? If none? Check the Title each person is rocking. No "Flawless" or "Unbroken"? Well... this match was decided before it even began.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjbJomaMICo

8. May 31, 2022 at 12:51 PM
    Slow Internet

Slow Internet 56k Modem FTW!

Member:
    First Name:
    Slow...
    Vehicle:
    1992 Dial Up Modem...
    Wiper Blades
    So why don't you literally make it interesting for yourself? You going into quick play with adept weapons that 60% of the player base will never get..... that's easy mode right off the bat.

Go double sidearm or glaive shotgun.... show off that skill set that you fill this thread up with.

Adept weapons and running stacked isn't a brag or even a dick move... it's just k/d padding and ELO boosting.

You give some good info on the game at times but your last few posts are just a big look at me killing scrubs with my adept weaponry.

I think we all got your point like 3 days ago.

Fight on, guardian.... but always with the advantage.

9. May 31, 2022 at 1:28 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Well... first off... I'm not using ANY Adept weapons in any of the videos that I've posted with the exception of the Scout that comes out of Trials. And I only use that rarely on one map and one map only. Eternity. All my other Adept weapons are in my vault. And just out of curiosity... Exactly what do you think others on the opposing team are using? Adept weapons for the most part. Especially in Trials. So what is your point again?

Secondly... Why the fuck would I ever use a Glaive? That's just fucking stupid if you want to be competitive.

Third... I AM using a Sidearm if you watch the videos. Why would I use double sidearms? That's just dumb.

Forth... You are damn right I'm K/D, ELO padding. And I've explained exactly why so I won't rehash that.

Fifth... I'm there to win. I'm not there to lose. And yes... I will keep on running stacked teams because I can. Bungie screwed up and changed matchmaking. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

*EDIT* The one quote I agree with you on is "Fight on, Guardian... But always with the advantage". That's what PvP is about. And if someone doesn't understand that? I can't help them. If they chose to go in with subpar weapons or loadouts? Not my problem.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  10. May 31, 2022 at 1:41 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    This is my loadout for every PvP match. Even Trials. Notice any Adept weapons on my character? No? You know why? Because there aren't any.

[​IMG]

This it the Piece of Mind that "I" crafted (which you can also btw). And yes, I run this in Trials. Notice the "Trials Opponents Defeated 628"? Not an Adept weapon. Also notice that this weapon is Level 230 right now. I never use this in PvE so all of that leveling was in PvP alone. Go craft one. You won't be disappointed.

[​IMG]

And the Sidearm I use. Also not Adept. Easily farmable from the new activity.

[​IMG]

So what's your point again? I'm not using anything special that everyone, and I do mean everyone has easy access to.

11. May 31, 2022 at 2:14 PM
    Slow Internet

Member:
    First Name:
    Slow...
    Vehicle:
    1992 Dial Up Modem...
    Wiper Blades
    Trials is the only competitive game mode in Destiny. Everything else is casual. Why get mad if others quit to not be a k/d farm for people that think it actually means something.

Running stacked then trying to float about it isn't competitive, it's toxic.

Btw, the top 5 Trials steamers did a challenge to go flawless with a glaive, all 5 did it. That's a skill set not many have and yes, they made it be competitive.

Play the cards dealt, not a stacked deck. That's a competitive player.

12. May 31, 2022 at 2:27 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Quickplay is the only casual PvP game mode in the game. Trials and Comp (hence the name) are not. And although, as you say, if someone wanted to go into Trials with Glaives as a challenge? Good for them. Glad they got it done. I hate Glaives and never use them so they hold little value to me. Even in PvE.

There is no reason to run Comp anymore unless you want the Unbroken title (which they are taking away). They took away all of the incentive to run Comp since there is nothing at the end. There used to be pinnacle weapons to chase but people complained that they couldn't get them so they took them out. My response will always remain the same. Get good or quit bitching about it. I worked my ass off for every single pinnacle weapon that was ever released only to have them sunset. So I spent all of that time in Comp and for what??? Just to have them taken away because "some" people either couldn't get them or refused to try???

My issue with people leaving Quickplay stems from Freelance Trials and people leaving on the final round. After spending upwards of 45 mins to an hour just to get to the final round only to have someone drop because they don't want to be in the "Flawless Pool". Fuck them... They should be banned. But I cannot tell you the number of times that has happened to me. So in Quickplay... Yes... It is "supposed" to be the "casual" PvP mode in the game. But if you've been in Quickplay recently, you and I both know it is "anything" but casual. I'm hyper competitive. So when I see multiple people drop from my team? Yes... That pisses me off to no end. Fuck them also.

So I will now take advantage of the system the Bungie themselves put into the game to make sure that doesn't happen. And if it happens that we steamroll every team we come across? So be it. I give ZERO Fucks anymore.

Look man... I'm a huge proponent of them going back to SBMM in Quickplay. That is the only thing that will stop this shit from happening. Until they do? You and I will just have to agree to disagree on the method I use.

13. May 31, 2022 at 2:33 PM
    Slow Internet

Member:
    First Name:
    Slow...
    Vehicle:
    1992 Dial Up Modem...
    Wiper Blades
    Don't get me wrong, I am not judging you on it. I can see you worked for ass off to get where you are. I am just trying to get you to see it thru the eyes of the guys that aren't built that way.

They quit to cope with frustration, you steamroller to cope with it. Two different methods to the same end.

Honestly to go to SBMM they would still have to use CBMM as well. I think that's why they just simplified it and won't even visit anymore. The first trials was a shit show lagfest when it was first used..... the fuckers across the pond and down under would change their sleep schedule just to play for lag advantage.

So I honestly think it will always stay CBMM just for the simplicity of it but yes, it causes the scenario you describe above.

14. May 31, 2022 at 2:45 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    I get it... I really do. But SBMM "was" in Quickplay from the beginning. It allowed people that had little to no experience with Destiny PvP to dip their toes into the water and play against similar skilled players. That's how it was when I started and probably you also. So you can't tell me that they can't bring that back. Trials and Comp are SBMM and I've yet to notice any lag or cheating (console only) so my assumption is they have that fixed as much as possible until they go to dedicated servers (which unfortunately will never happen). Quickplay NEEDS to be SBMM. There just isn't any argument there. And they can do it if they wanted to. It was there before, it worked, and rarely if ever did I notice any lag.

*EDIT* To add to that... ELO means nothing now. If CBMM is in Quickplay and you are going up against a variety of different skill level players per match? ELO doesn't even factor in. ELO doesn't transfer to Comp from Quickplay. The only game mode ELO is active in IS Comp. That's when it balances you with players that are at or near your skill level. Trials is purely a card based system that doesn't give a fuck about your ELO. You step foot into Trials your ELO goes out the window as it has no bearing on who you match up against.

But there is no reason that I should be able to set up a stacked team and go in and destroy someone that has very little to no experience with Destiny PvP. Nothing fair about that. I will totally agree with you on that. But, as you mentioned... It's a vicious circle with no end unless they change. As long as people quit out of my matches? I'm running with a stacked team. Should I? No. But I'm going to because that is "exactly" what Bungie has set up on their LFG tool on their own website. They have made it easy as possible to do just that. So that is what I will continue to do.

Slow Internet[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. May 31, 2022 at 9:36 PM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Yeah.
    There is a solution using both methods of matching. Start with rings of CBMM to create a pool, then use SBMM. It's not rocket science, it's laziness, or just focusing on the wrong aspects. Effective matchmaking is probably one of the easiest problems they have to deal with.

16. May 31, 2022 at 10:07 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Totally agree with you. The matchmaking sucks. Like I said before... Anyone that has been in Quickplay since they changed over to CBMM knows all to well that it is not the least bit "casual". It is always a sweatfest because of the sheer amount of different ELO players. But since they are not going to do anything about it? I just don't care anymore.
    I know exactly what I'm getting myself into when I play Trials. That is exactly what I'm looking for because it is the hardest activity in the game. Running full stacks in Quickplay? Should never happen unless you are with your clan or friends. But Bungie has made it far too easy to run full stacks. I would have never known about this until I was on Bungie's LFG looking for 2 to go into Comp with last week so I wouldn't have anyone drop from my team. I've only ever used it for Trials which is in a completely separate tab. That is when I noticed the posts for K/D farms running full stacks. Got in a couple and saw just how fucking easy it is that I started creating my own. Is it right??? Hell no it isn't. But it's also not right to get to the final round of Trials to have someone drop multiple times in a row. I understand now why Bungie never wanted a Freelance Trials mode. And it's also not right to have people drop in a Quickplay game more than half the time.

I lay the blame completely at the feet of Bungie. This could easily be fixed. Running full stacks would get exponentially harder the longer you play because your ELO would "actually" count and start matching you with players that are your skill level. So you would get to a point that you couldn't just steamroll everyone in your path. But it isn't going to happen so I'm going to keep on doing what I'm doing. For fucks sake... We aren't even communicating and we are still steamrolling everyone.

40+ matches today. Zero losses. This should never happen.

[​IMG]

#1786 in the world now

[​IMG]

And no way this should ever happen to another team in Quickplay. But until Bungie addresses the issue and also addresses the issue of people dropping out of matches followed with a suspension on their account??? I don't give a fuuuucccckkkk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiPUDKswnBc

17. May 31, 2022 at 10:12 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Believe me... I would much rather have a competitive game mode that is close. It's a lot more fun. May the best team win. That is why I play Trials every weekend because it is just that. SBMM would provide that once again in Quickplay.

What it looks like right now as I type this out. Someone looking to Farm IB (must have at least a 3.0) and two others for Comp.

[​IMG]

*EDIT* Even better. This is what it looks like when someone want's to run a full stack for IB in LFG (Must have a 3.0 K/D)

[​IMG]

18. May 31, 2022 at 10:16 PM
    Cyclographer

Cyclographer New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    2022 Silver Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Grille and raptor light kit (more to come)
    WTH, I come here for Taco news and can't escape my... Destiny. Dang. Have over 6k hours in the game now, but have been taking it easy so far this season (too many IRL things going on). I'll probably get back on the grind next week.

19. May 31, 2022 at 10:22 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    Not really a lot going on this season. The new activity is "okay" at best. Good weapons come out of there. The new Dungeon is really good. Fast paced and chaotic. The final boss is so much better than the final boss in VotD raid. Solar 3.0 is kind of a letdown. I say that because I main a hunter and never run Solar anyway. I hear it's great on the WL though. I just haven't logged into my WL or Titan since the new update.

20. Jun 4, 2022 at 11:49 AM
    JayDub

JayDub Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Pendleton, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DCSB 4x4
    So that rift game mode is... Yeahhh.

It has potential to be fun.. But the long respawn time is good awful. It's not fun sitting there waiting to spawn and not being able to contribute.

To Top