1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bungie's Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by PcBuilder14, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Jul 31, 2015 at 9:16 AM
    Bsheriff11

Bsheriff11 Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Casual.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Virginia livin', South Carolina raised
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited T4R
    Click My Sig Homie
    There's always a way to manipulate mechanics of every game. I personally won't cheese the bridge, neither will the people I play with, It's more fun and quicker to just do the raid like it's supposed to be done.

2. Jul 31, 2015 at 9:16 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Nah man... I used to be the biggest fan of Destiny and probably the lone hold out from everyone we used to play with. But after HoW's even I finally gave up. The shooting mechanics are great but there is no depth to the game once you peel back the layers. There is literately nothing I can do in the game to make my characters any better.

3. Jul 31, 2015 at 9:22 AM
    Bsheriff11

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited T4R
    Click My Sig Homie
    Oh I get it, HoW was a huge let down, shitty weapons, armor perks that are worthless or not effective enough, no raid, terrible rewards in PoE, no raid;the only good was trials. I play, and will continue to play because of the people I play with. We have a good time. The drinking game raids we do is a blast!

4. Jul 31, 2015 at 9:26 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I'm with ya. That was one of the reason's I played so long was because of the people that we played with.

5. Jul 31, 2015 at 9:32 AM
    Bsheriff11

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited T4R
    Click My Sig Homie
    Well, you could always join our group, most of us are mid 20s to 40s with the exception of a handful. Probably about 20 of us total. Only know each other from the game, but we love to pick at one another.

6. Jul 31, 2015 at 9:49 AM
    Sacrifice

Sacrifice Motorcycle Goon

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    KS
    Vehicle:
    DCSB OR 4X4 LT
    Pelfreybilt Front Bumper,BAMF sliders, Airflow Snorkel,Mini D2S Retrofits, ADS Rear Shocks, Deaver U402 Leafsprings, 35s, AllPro +2LT
    that was quoted from them multiple times in articles. they specifically were saying people arent playing the game the way we want them to.

im assuming you have only done it on normal...cause on hard there is no finish the last part in 5 mins. we used to spend hours trying to finish only to have glitches back to back. which they wouldnt fix but instead would spend time nerfing shit.

100% agree. No story line, boring repeatable bounties/crucible/strikes.

and you know we had fun when we played if it wasnt for all the crap:cheers:

7. Jul 31, 2015 at 10:03 AM
    Bsheriff11

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited T4R
    Click My Sig Homie
    the players aren't playing the way we want them to is referring to cheesing the mechanics. There will always be cheese in every game, it's not perfect, but it's still fun.

Shadow_Aspect3 on psn

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/player/ps/Shadow_aspect3

I've played this game a lot. join the clan and play without getting frustrated! When the raids first came out we spent a few hours in them, no more than 30-40 min now. but skolas took the longest. We refused to burn him and play the mechanics. That is a frustrating several hours right there, no checkpoints is just ridiculous. Stupid Melee knights and dregs during arc burn, we did it but I still have nightmares.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    philham likes this.
  8. Jul 31, 2015 at 11:38 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    3 manned Crota normal and picked up another GH. Not complaining!

Bsheriff11 likes this.
  9. Aug 1, 2015 at 9:11 AM
    philham

philham Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Patterson, CA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma 2.7 4x4 Stock
    No mods . . . yet.
    Not trying to one up you but I might. My first time thru crota was on hard and I got a GH.

10. Aug 1, 2015 at 9:27 AM
    Bsheriff11

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited T4R
    Click My Sig Homie
    Took me 24 days of play time to get a GH . got three that week. :smack: rngesus

11. Aug 1, 2015 at 11:09 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Sounds like my luck. Took me a few months to get a GH. Then they started dropping like candy. I think I'm on my 77-78th run through VoG 70% on hard and I've only got one FateBringer :mad:

12. Aug 1, 2015 at 1:47 PM
    4x4Runner

4x4Runner Sam’s gone, man. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Not north, not south, not west, mostly east
    Vehicle:
    1WD
    nuttin fancy
    My luck has sucked somethiner fierce in that game. I'll take what I can get.

13. Aug 1, 2015 at 7:06 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    Still no GH. FML.

14. Aug 1, 2015 at 7:23 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Took me a year before gally dropped

now I have 5... -.-

philham likes this.
  15. Aug 1, 2015 at 7:55 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    They're going to nerf it anyway :rolleyes:

16. Aug 1, 2015 at 9:19 PM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    Just finished Petra's bounties. Nothing at all. I don't think keys exist anymore in my Destiny world....

17. Aug 2, 2015 at 5:08 AM
    Bsheriff11

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited T4R
    Click My Sig Homie
    Wow your luck sucks. I've gotten 3 every week!

18. Aug 2, 2015 at 6:20 AM
    Toyotacrawler

Toyotacrawler She's got the jimmy legs

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Cusseta/Opelika AL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    5100's set to 1.75" Wheelers 3 leaf progressive AAL & 5100's for the rear Konig Countersteer Offroads K&N Drop in WeatherTech's Bed Mat Blacked out Badges Rear leaf TSB
    I did get two pieces of armor from the cryptarch for ranking up though. Yep you guessed it, two pieces of rustburner armor. Stop giving me shit I cannot use!!!!! This is the part of the game that sucks. I love playing it, but at least reward me for the little amount of time I can play it.

19. Aug 2, 2015 at 8:23 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Just checked my stats. I've played 1835 hours between all three character's (not counting the hunter I deleted at 26). I've run VoG 77 times and got the FateBringer one time which is fine since I only need one since I've only got one character built around the hand cannon. I've got (or had) almost every weapon in the game that matters. Everything I've got is leveled to the max and as I said before you WILL get tired of it.

I agree... people will always find a way to cheese certain parts of the game. But the bridge portion has been fucked since Nov. They did a small patch that made it to where you couldn't let the light blow you up to the upper level of "The Abyss" (you can still make the jump if you want). But IMO there is no reason for them to not fix the bridge portion after 9 months to where you "can't" do that. You say it's faster to actually do the bridge portion by doing it right? Not even close. If you cheese it, it can be done in around 5 mins. If your telling me you can get all 6 player across (on level) in less than 5 mins and kill the ogres then you will have to prove that. Hell... before the patch I soloed Crota which really wasn't that hard. It took them months to fix the heavy ammo glitch. There is no reason it should take months but it did. The list is endless. For those that say that they fix things in a timely manner I call BS. There are still things that are broken in the game since it's release.

I wish I could find a way to log into the game but as I said before... there is nothing I can do in the game to make my characters any better. My stats are perfectly balanced, I've got the best weapons in the game for each character, and there is no weapon that I need. Everything is leveled up to max with etheric light sitting in my vault with nothing to put it on. Bungie is going to have to learn that they are going to have to release content at a much faster rate than they have but I've got a feeling after the new expansion comes out that will be the only thing you get for 6-8 months. I promise you I can burn through the content released in Sept. by the end of Oct with not much left to do for another 6 months.

Lets face it... This game is built around a MMO type of structure. If you played any MMO in the past there is almost always something to do in game that will make your character better. The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu (LoTRO) is arguably the best raid ever created in a game and you were guaranteed a item as you completed each boss. You had to run it multiple times to be able to get all your gear and it took (at level) 7-8 hours to complete. Bungie needs to adopt a similar strategy for this game to even become viable. People like TenBeers have played almost as much as I have and he still hasn't gotten a GH (not that, that matters much in a few weeks) and I've got them to drop like candy. RNG sucks, there is no reason for it, and it is unfair.

For a game that was hyped to be one of the best games ever... It never even came close to living up to that hype. I'll concede that the shooting mechanics are top notch. You can't get much better in that dept. That is the one thing they got perfectly right. But other than that..... nothing.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  20. Aug 2, 2015 at 10:22 AM
    Bsheriff11

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited T4R
    Click My Sig Homie
    1835 hours in a game, I think you got your money's worth. I understand your arguments, but those things just don't bother me. It's still a fun game to me.

To Top