1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bushwacker flare question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Voodoo Rufus, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Jun 27, 2010 at 10:45 AM
    Voodoo Rufus

Voodoo Rufus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport Indigo Ink DCSB 4WD
    Magnuson S/C, Relentless armor, Icon/Dakar suspension, Konig CountersteerX 17", KO2's, Hellwig rear swaybar, BudBuilt Trac Bar, Level 10 VBU, Weathertech floorliners, Cravenspeed antenna, Redline elite hood struts, RollnLock, Satoshi, CBI sliders
    Here's the hypothetical question. I really like the Konig 17" Countersteer X wheels, but what concerns me is the excessive offset. I worry that if I installed a 285 width tire the tread would stick out further than the stock flares can cover, causing more debris to be thrown out of the wheel wells.

The question is whether the Bushwacker pocket flares have more coverage than the stock TRD package fender flares so that the tread is fully covered.

Thanks.

*edit* looks like I answered my own question: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/95948-bushwacker-flare-pics-2.html#post1837341

2. Jun 27, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    toku58

toku58 Well-Known Member

Member:
    HAWAII
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Beast!
    6" Fabtech Stage II, 17x9" Centerline Eclipse rims, with 12.5x35x17" BFG KM2's. On board air system,Toyota skid plate, spidertrax wheel spacers, TRD CAI w/AFE ProDry filter (21-90045),Flowmaster Dual exhaust, GrillCraft grill w/custom emblem, Custom Shifter, BushWacker fender flares, Hood struts, Underhood lights, TW driveshaft, Wet Okole seat covers, Dashlight mod, Many other little things to make the truck complete!
    LOL! Good job on the search!;)

3. Jun 27, 2010 at 10:09 PM
    Voodoo Rufus

Voodoo Rufus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Sport Indigo Ink DCSB 4WD
    Magnuson S/C, Relentless armor, Icon/Dakar suspension, Konig CountersteerX 17", KO2's, Hellwig rear swaybar, BudBuilt Trac Bar, Level 10 VBU, Weathertech floorliners, Cravenspeed antenna, Redline elite hood struts, RollnLock, Satoshi, CBI sliders
    Well, since you posted in this thread... Those color matched flares look awesome on your truck.

To Top