1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buy a Kit? New parts? Frankenstein my own?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by braik, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Apr 23, 2015 at 7:47 AM
    braik

braik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2006 4.0L 4x4 BASE
    2" Ironman 4x4 (B) Front Spacer Level LR UCAs Level 8: Tracker Wheels 255/75 Cooper ATPs Welded Rock Sliders Weathertech floormats Wet Okole seat covers JVC Head Unit Diff Breather Mod Zip Tie Mod Needle Bearing Mod HID Retrofit (Acura TL-R)
    I have an 06 Base that has been running on spacers for who knows how many years (just bought it a couple years ago pre-installed). So my leafs are shot, or close enough anyway. The question is, should I buy a new pack of leafs? Or should I try and pick up a set of newer TSB leafs for cheap and do AAL+Shocks? Is there a kit that I can get cheaper that has all these things?

Noteworthy Info:
    - Looking for 2" lift, no extra weight in the back, mostly road queen.
    - I have a set of Camburg adjustable front COs and the LR UCAs in a box, ready to be installed as well.
    - I'm looking for best value, not necessarily cheapest option.
    - Should I try and wait for my TSB to come up with the dealer and AAL those instead?
    - Recently started some renovation of the house, hauling off bricks with a full bed of construction material is scary with these leafs.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. Apr 23, 2015 at 9:08 AM
    bubbabud

bubbabud Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Tonopah AZ
    Vehicle:
    13 tacoma TRD Off road.ARE shell no rust anywhere period.
    2 in spacer lift front 2, in AAL rear [tundra leaf] , flip up tow mirrors, ARE shell electric brake controller and cooper ATP 265/r70x16 tires on stock TRD wheels
    I just bought my first Tacoma [2013 DC TRD OR 4X4 with 3leaf spring] What a joke.
    My solution for the rear was AAL I used the 3rd leaf from a Tundra spring pack that I sourced from salvage yard. For my purpose I trimmed 2 1/2 inches from each end [ I didn't want the lift as much as the added weight capacity without sagging end result aprox. 1 1/2 lift measured at the receiver, easy 800 lb increase in load cap and it rides like truck is supposed to. Total cost $30, 6 hours and several skinned knuckles.

3. Apr 23, 2015 at 3:44 PM
    braik

Member:
    Louisville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2006 4.0L 4x4 BASE
    2" Ironman 4x4 (B) Front Spacer Level LR UCAs Level 8: Tracker Wheels 255/75 Cooper ATPs Welded Rock Sliders Weathertech floormats Wet Okole seat covers JVC Head Unit Diff Breather Mod Zip Tie Mod Needle Bearing Mod HID Retrofit (Acura TL-R)
    My springs are shot. Adding another leaf to them wouldn't help. I'm just trying to decide if the best way to go about this is ponying up for a kit, or building my own

4. Apr 30, 2015 at 8:41 AM
    braik

Member:
    Louisville, KY
    Vehicle:
    2006 4.0L 4x4 BASE
    Bump. Anybody?

Products Discussed in

To Top